Coastal Closers Call Centre? -I'm confused

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by Judy, Jul 11, 2007.

1. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Terri,

Judy just means that your website address can be a different name that points to the actual name. You can do that thru godaddy. For example, you can set up the url to read: terrilovestravel dot com and that will point to your website. I think it costs about 10 bucks per year or something like that. The instructions to do that are in our back office.

Noreen

2. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: Judywhen I'm sure my girls are asleep -too late or if I do it during the day I run the risk of screaming kids in the background trying to get my attention.

Hi Judy,

Funny you should say that. My 9 year old daughter is still alseep, but it's too early to really do anything with my business - so, this is typically my time to check overnight email and read.

During the day - I generally don't do alot of return phone calls, but around 6, I'll get rolling returning phone calls.

If you want to call during the day - even with kids in the background - go for it. ANYONE with kids will understand!! And it adds a sense of reality to a "Home" business. No stale "office" work for me.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations

3. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: Judyyou have the GUAG vouchers shown on the training but supposedly they are now being used by the CSG and not Coastal as a whole -can you confirm this?

I've not seen a Get Up and Go Voucher from Coastal in a long time.

Jay NaPier

4. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Oh, thanks Harold and Noreen .

Good idea.

Jay I disagree with having screaming children in the background, home offices need to be just a s professional as a office in a business as it is a business and you need to portray that you are serious about your business.

There is nothing more annoying or distracting as a screaming child in the background of a business call.

Terri

5. Judy

Judy New Member

Hi Terri,
    I just checked your websites and I guess the travelbizcash one is connected to the call centre. I like your best travel pkg site and had seen it before so maybe you changed your tagline recently.

I was wondering why you don't seem to mention Coastal on your website. Is that the info that comes up when you opt-in? Do you find it works better that way or do you work with more than just Coastal?

Just getting ideas for my own website building. Also, are the articles on your site written by you or are these articles you can copy and paste in? Do you think the extra info gets you more hits?

As I start getting more opt-ins I will have my daycare helper stay longer so that I can do some calls in the afternoon or hire a babysitter to take them out in the evening if my hubby is unavailable. It is hard enough talking to prospective parents to my daycare if the kids are screaming (all my kids are 18 months - 2.5 if nayone is familiar with this age). Temper tantrums galore -and you wonder why I could use a change.

To everyone's success.
    Judy

6. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

Judy, it's best to write your own articles for your website, but you can use other people's articles from article directories IF you use their bio tag at the end of the article - which gives the writing credit to the author.

In many cases, these bio tags will have links to the author's Coastal website - which you will probably NOT want on your website, therefore writing your own article (or having it ghost written) would be the better option.

That being said - I have seen people who will post articles from the article directories WITHOUT giving credit to the original author. But this is a no-no.

Unless you have been given the rights to the article by the author - it is copywrite infringement.

(I won't mention names except that someone from this forum is using someone else's articles on their website - hopefully they received permission from the author because the author's bio is not included with the article. I am not referring to Terri.)

7. Judy

Judy New Member

Thanks for the info Dawn. I guess I'll have to start studying again -and make sure I get the right facts before I write anything.

Judy

8. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Judy
    Who is your Director?

Terri

9. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

I was surprised to hear that Jeff Mills had quit the WCYS we close your sales call center.

(I too had quit them recently.)

Guess he got quite a payoff to join with another group, I am not saying thats true just a guess on my part but generally speaking when a major guru goes with another company they are usually paid handsomely !

Terrie

10. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

I'm sure Jeff will give his reasons soon. We hate to see him go but everyone has their own way to follow as does Jeff.

11. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: hsimpsonjrWe hate to see him g
    Are you saying Jeff is leaving Coastal?Quoting: luvtravelGuess he got quite a payoff to join with another group
    That is a grand assumption - Hard to fathom in CV - but if he did - GREAT for hi!!

12. jnapier

jnapier New Member

It does appear that Jeff has moved on from the call center that he helped put together. I listened to his recorded call and WOW...what a humbling call. I'm really surprised to hear that he was leaving.

I do know that ALOT of people with Coastal train or have trained with Dani Johnson. I've not been to any of her live seminars, but it appears that at the seminar something clicked for Jeff. I understand that several directors with Coastal swear by Dani Johnson and her training.

I've looked at the system (DFI) which Jeff is moving to. It's got alot of great benefits to it. It was one of the options I considered when I moved from CSG. Overall, I wish Rene and those folks much success....FOR ME, I just was not interested in promoting most of my training to 1 trainer....and I wanted to stay congrewent with what has worked with me for 19+ years....which is to work with the Official System and refer folks to top trainers like Jeffery Combs, Jerry Clark, Susan Sly, and Ellie Drake.

You can take the Dani Johnson training without the DFI system and learn about what Dani shares with the network marketing industry.

Jay NaPier
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations

P.S. - If you get the opportunity to listen to the call, do so. Jeff is a very nice guy and I've enjoyed knowing him. He's upfront and honest on the call and tells you that what he was doing didn't work as well as he wanted. I've been there and done that as well...I know it's tough, but it's best for everyone

13. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Jeff is a great director and, yes, he is still my director. This is another example of how versatile (sp?) Coastal Vacations is. As Jay and Terri and many others have demonstrated, if a system isn't working out the way you wanted to then you can change systems. Jeff has chosen to go the DFI and Dani Johnson route and I wish him success and I KNOW he will have it because he already does.

Myself, being a direct member of Jeff's, decided that the Call center is best for me simply because of my schedule and the fact that we can also do Coastal the traditional way ourselves even if we are with the call center. I will still be bugging Jeff as I always have so that part will never change.

Changes happen and we all have to be able to adjust to them if we are going to be successful and thank GOD that we have a company that will change with us.

14. jnapier

jnapier New Member

I think it's important to add that every business changes. Looking back at say...the pizza business. Years ago, it was dine in or carry out. Now, you call up and people expect it to be delivered.

The Coastal Vacations Board of Directors and Leadership Council are constantly working to bring us the best training, systems and tools available. A few weeks ago I posted about what's coming our way with the newest upgrades to the Official Coastal System through COA Network.

For those who don't know the story...I'll share a bit. When I got into Coastal Vacations we had the official system and there were a few pioneers who were working on their own team systems. Now, being an internet based network marketing pioneer I saw what was taking place and I watched until I saw what I wanted to see. Systems run $40,000 and up. I watched as directors came together and as they split....Politics can be an interesting thing in ANY company.

I've always taken a wait n see approach to Coastal Vacations and when things were now working or I saw too much that was not congrewent with my success formula...I had to make some decistions.

Personally, I believe that the Coastal Vacations Official Systems, training and support offers more than anything else out there...and I know others feel the same about what they do, but it's important to realize that there's only 1 Offical System and Support for Coastal Vacations and then there are others who are doing their own thing ( some have hidden agendas). As for me and my team...We train with the BEST and We use the Official System.

Jay NaPier
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations

15. Bill D

Bill D New Member

Quoting: luvtravelI was surprised to hear that Jeff Mills had quit the WCYS we close your sales call center.

(I too had quit them recently.)

Guess he got quite a payoff to join with another group, I am not saying thats true just a guess on my part but generally speaking when a major guru goes with another company they are usually paid handsomely !

Terrie
    Terri it is comments like this that make people wonder just what your adgenda is? Your statement that you quit them recently, is that just the Coastal Sales Center (WCYS/call center) or have you quit Coastal Vacations all together?

That would make sense knowing that you are marketing/promoting GRN at the same time in another thread. That is something you should probably let future prospects know if you are not able to give them that 100% commitment to Coastal Vacations that they need and expect. If you are not 100% into Coastal vacations how can you in good conscience ask a prospect to join under you? There are entire threads devoted to those Coastal members who joined under a director who is not giving them 100% commitment. Take the money and run is what they think if their director is not focused on them and their Coastal business. Not very confidence inspiring to a prospective new member. That is what other directors on this forum are willing to do give those new members 100%.

This forum is to assist people in researching Coastal as well as members keep up on what other successful Coastal directors are doing. There is nothing constructive about your making an ASSUMPTION about why any director left one group for another.

Bill Decker
    443-244-2118

16. Judy

Judy New Member

Well I just listened to Jeff's reasons for leaving and I am glad there were no hard feelings and that he is still saying the WCYS system is great.
    I believe that as a religious person he found a group and a trainer that he aligned with and the fact that he is easily found on the net and his name is often associated with Coastal (unlike some of us newer directors) would make it easier for him to close sales himself -take all the commission and even perhaps be able to choose who he wants to work with better.

I like Dani Johnson and joined her free website to listen to some of her calls -what I don't like is getting 4-6 e-mails a day from her company -feels like information overload.

I still need the WCYS program to help me close sales as for some reason I have a stumbling block when it comes to phoning prospects (it could also be that I work a full-time job). I am hoping to get over this but I personally do not believe that GOD is going to make me a success although I respect people that do.

I am definitely more of a "Secret" girl.
    I wish Jeff the best of luck in his new group and who knows maybe with him leaving the call centre there will be more time for the closers to spend on all of us others.

I'm with you Bill and Noreen in the way I like the WCYS system but I also plan to use the Official System as well. Do I have to register 5 new domain names for all the websites I will get?

Judy

17. rhondap

rhondap New Member

I love Dani Johnson and her training. I wish Jeff the best.

18. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

The Coastal Closing Center is a viable option to many trying to have success in Coastal Vacations. With my 3 years experience in Coastal I can honestly say the biggest challenge I have seen with many is trying to become salespeople. Many have never been in that capacity before and struggle with it. So having someone close your deals is a viable option. Now is this the magic bullet? Of course not. I encourage everyone to continue to learn the skills it takes to be successful. I teach my team this as well as do private coaching on those methods. But hedging you bet never hurts. Why not have a back-up plan in the interim.

Plus its always better to have more outlets working your business. I have many divisions of my opportunity and am always adding more. If you are looking to do the same then lets have a conversation on this forum about what you are looking for. If you need the real deal from someone that has been in the trenches im the man to talk to.

Adam Frederick
    Internet Coach + Entrepreneur
    302 613 4632
    [email protected]

19. goldmills

goldmills New Member

A Big Announcement:

Jeff Mills is BACK with We Close Your Sales AND still marketing with them, and still also Marketing with DFI.

Why go back?

Cause I personally had MORE success doing it my way, than with the DFI way.

And if people want a do it all by yourself system, I can give that to them with DFI.

And if they want a "we do it all, once you get a person in the door system with WCYS," then I can offer that.

Let the good times roll people.

[Post edited. Please watch your language - Admin]

20. asebf

asebf New Member

goldmills: I am back. And I don't give a shit what anyone thinks either.

Nor should you!!!!

Options? - Always a good idea. Good move Jeff.