Commercial or Non-Commercial Use

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by showmestate, Feb 14, 2009.

1. showmestate

showmestate New Member

Hi All,

I have been getting stumped here on something. When we're creating blogs that's giving our personal experiences and at the end of the blog refer to an affiliate page if their interested in a product that may be able to help them (or something thereof), is this considered commercial or non-commercial.

The reason for me asking, is that I've found a couple sites for images, and they say it's free for non-commercial use. It's not my product nor am I trying to use an image to put on a product.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm really baffled here.
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

It would be considered commercial. Any income generating activity would be considered commercial except if you are running a non-profit organization.
  3. MyChairForYou

MyChairForYou New Member

I agree with vishal. If you use use the image and pack with a product that generates an income then it will be commercial. However if the income generated is for non-profit organization then it is another stories.
  4. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Do you mean if the website that provide you with the images with the quote "Free for non-commercial use"?

That mean i can't use it for my website that is use to promote my business opportunities.

Is that what you mean?
  5. showmestate

showmestate New Member

Yes, that's what I mean in a nutshell. Thanks all.