Contact Mate

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by dawnmo, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Bill D

Bill D New Member

Adam:
    1)Contalktalk (CT) will offer discount if you buy 4 or more at one time
    2) You can run multiple business/campaigns on the same day
    3) CT comes with 2 voices, you can use yours or buy more from them. They have a 3rd party vendor
    4) Scot Chatrone (sp) uses CT extensively with his contacts. I recommend listening to him M-W at noon EST, Live Dials with Scot, on the Official Coastal # . That can be found on the Official Coastal Site. He works CT into his strategy. Well worth an hour of your time to listen to him explain his system.

Bill
  2. jnapier

jnapier New Member

3. jnapier

jnapier New Member

I'm looking for one more person to complete the co-op for ContactTalk. Email me if you are interested.

Jay NaPier
  4. Dunnston

Dunnston New Member

The software is still really new... and as some bugs but so far they have been extremely helpful and getting everything fixed in a very fast time frame!
  5. Bill D

Bill D New Member

This is a follow up to the previous post I made regarding using RUNBOX with Contalktalk. In the previous post I suggested using RUNBOX and that was a mistake.This is a quote from Runbox and is very specific to any of your leads with AOL email accounts.

"Runbox has a feedback system with AOL, where all runbox related emails that AOL users report as spam, are sent to us. If we get too many complaints,regardless of their validity, all runbox users risk being blocked by AOL.These complaints normally don't contain the address of the person who reported it as spam, and there is no way to contest them. And while other services don't send us such reports, it is safe to assume that accounts which generate
    many AOL complaints are sending a lot of unwanted mail to other services as well. Ever since Coastal vacations people started using runbox, the number of complaints have exploded. We also require that all leads and lists are confirmed opt-in only, i.e. that the addresses weren't just entered on a webpage or similar."

This means capture pages, survey leads etc. Simply put you can buy leads from reputable vendors. (These people have actually requested the information you are sending them.) Even if you include unsubscribe links in your messages it still doesn't matter. IF AOL complains to RUNBOX they would rather SHUT YOUR ACCOUNT DOWN than get involved with any issues.

Rather than get involved with RUNBOX find someone else.

Contalktalk will show you how to filter out ALL AOL address' and work around this problem but if you have a choice avoid RUNBOX or put yourself at risk to having one of your marketing system's shut down by your Internet Provider.[​IMG]

Bill Decker
  6. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Email marketing is a challenge no matter what system or email address you use.

I've been using RunBox with the most success. I've been a beta tester for the ContactTalk Server emailing system. It worked well, but we were having better success with RunBox.

I'm pleased with the results I'm getting. AOL is not a primary email address anymore, so it has not effected my success.

When it comes to having success with Coastal Vacations, tools like ContactTalk are designed to assist you in marketing your busines, not take the place.

Jay NaPier
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  7. Bill D

Bill D New Member

Jay:
    This post was simply to make people aware of the stance that RUNBOX is taking. They were specific to AOL and they were specific to Coastal and that is why this post was so specific. That was an actual quote from RUNBOX so there is no disputing that, period. Contacttalk is a great tool, one of many that we use and it is an asset to our business. Contalktalk gave me a solution to the problem within minutes of my asking and that was: AVOID AOL

This is what Contacttalk had to say about the issue:

"We've heard this same thing about Runbox from a few other customers. Apparently, they are in fear of being shut down due to AOL complaints. The easiest way to stop your system from emailing AOL people is to do an advanced search and delete them."

I would have thought, being a beta tester and on a Coastal Advisory Committee , you would have shared this type of information or is this an issue not worth mentioning to this forum.

If AOL is no longer a primary email address than why would a company such as RUNBOX be in fear of being shut down or threaten to close a members account if it was so insignificant?

I too am pleased with the results of Contalktalk and understanding that I have nothing to gain from people joining RUNBOX, nor any incentive from Contacttalk. I would recommend that people who want to maximize Contacttalk do one of 2 things a)find another Internet Provider or b) Stick with Runbox and run the risk of them shutting you down (you could always buy leads and filter out all AOL addresses).

I for one would inform people of the situation with Runbox. There is a saying "You are either part of the solution or part of the problem"

I guess you know where I stand on this.

Regards

Bill Decker
  8. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: Bill D4) Scot Chatrone (sp) uses CT extensively with his contacts. I recommend listening to him M-W at noon EST, Live Dials with Scot, on the Official Coastal # . That can be found on the Official Coastal Site. He works CT into his strategy. Well worth an hour of your time to listen to him explain his system.

Scot does so well on live lead calls, I am surprised to hear that he uses CT to call his leads. I don't recall hearing him explain how he uses CT on the live lead calls. Was that just a one time thing?

Thanks
    Terri
  9. rhondap

rhondap New Member

I heard Scot mention that ContactTalk had called some of his leads that morning before he had even gotten out of bed. [​IMG]
  10. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

Can I get clarification? I guess I always thought Contact mate used their own servers (ISP?) to send out the emails. I absolutely cannot use my ISP to send the contact mate emails. I am with Charter and they will cut me off so fast your head would spin.

What are my options?

Thanks,

Dawn
  11. Bill D

Bill D New Member

Where to start:
    Scot does use CT to call /prep leads, but he does it as part of a strategy which he will explain during any of his calls Mon, Tues or Wed at Noon. The number can be found on the official Coastal Site. It is truely amazing how he does it. If you are considering using Contacttalk you need to listen to his call just to see how much it can do for you.

Dawn, Contacttalk does not always use their own servers(ISP) for email. More often than not you are using the ISP that your computer is on unless you change the setting to use Contacttalk. Jay stated that their Beta testing proved that Runbox worked better than Contacttalk for sending mail. I have just found out that Runbox has its own issue with AOL. I have some suggestions on how to get around the issue but it would not be a discussion for this forum. I will gladly discuss it with you via PM if you wish.

Bill Decker
  12. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

OK, thanks, Bill. I was just getting ready to go back to ContactMate to get that going...looks like I'll need some clarification before I do so. I will be in touch.

Thanks,

Dawn
  13. Bill D

Bill D New Member

This is a follow up to the post of Sept 11 where I suggested that people avoid RUNBOX and why.

I would recommend using another ISP other than RUNBOX for your Contacttalk emailing. My account has just been suspended. This is a direct result of complaints from AOL customers. Every single lead that has been run thru CT has been less than 45 days old and I have the IP address and timestamp of the email address that requested the information. RUNBOX DOES NOT CARE. They are worried about being shut down as a ISP. This is the 1st time that Contacttalk had heard that RUNBOX has actually shut someone down.

I would choose another ISP before putting your faith in RUNBOX.

Bill
  14. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Hey Bill,

I'm curious, how many emails a day were you sending? I'm using RunBox and have had no issues.

Jay NaPier
  15. Bill D

Bill D New Member

I was sending out anywhere between 1000 and 5000 per day. I got the nastygram from RUNBOX on 9/11 and did not use CT for a few days. I sent out 1000 emails on 9/18. I tried to send out another 1000 this morning and had difficulties getting into RUNBOX, looked deeper and account had been shut down.

If anyone has any suggestions for an ISP with higher limits/tolerance I would like to know. The problem is specific to AOL and RUNBOX.

This was their message to me on the 11th

"Runbox has a feedback system with AOL, where all runbox related emails that AOL users report as spam, are sent to us. If we get too many complaints, regardless of their validity, all runbox users risk being blocked by AOL. These complaints normally don't contain the address of the person who reported is at spam, and there is no way to contest them. And while other services don't send us such reports, it is safe to assume that accounts which generate
    many AOL complaints are sending a lot of unwanted mail to other services as well.

Ever since Coastal vacations people started using runbox, the number of complaints have exploded. We have already talked to a couple of the others about this, and the number of complaints from their mails has been lowered somewhat.
    In general, we try not to attract mass emailers and marketers to our service, due to the strain on the servers and the complaints
  16. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Hey Bill,

I think your challenge comes from the quantity of leads your emailing. The challenge with ANY email system is with delivery and Spam issues. When you send out too many emails...it sets off a red flag!

I am running the 3 email campaign. I ran about 300 through ContactTalk and Runbox yesterday and had success. I get 40-80 new leads a day and work to contact them primarily by phone.

Email marketing is really tough, so you want to be choosy about who you market to. I have tried putting 8000 plus emails through CT and it can be done....but it was not effective.

The most effective way I've used CT is with the coastal budget leads and by sending a short email campaign to them and following up with a call.

Hope this helps.

Jay NaPier
  17. Bill D

Bill D New Member

Thanks Jay I appreciate the insight. Where are the Coastal Budget Leads found, are these the ones at CEM under Coastal Specific Leads.

Bill