Couple of general PL questions for a newbie

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by ajavery26, Oct 7, 2007.

1. ajavery26

ajavery26 New Member

Hi guys, I've read a lot of really awesome reviews for PL and am considering buying it. I am not new to the internet, and know how to program HTML, so I am excited to see what all PL has to offer.

My main questions are about money. Right now it costs 77 dollars to sign up. I'm curious what the total fee's after sign up will be. I am aware you will have to spend some money in buying a domain and buying traffic. Do any of you have a rough estimate. I am aware this takes some time and at the moment, I can afford 80 bucks, but not much more, you know? So I'd like to know about how much it will cost so I can save up.

I'd really like to be able to start PL so I can have a steady income. I am wanting to start a family once my fiance and I get married and I need to have a second income. I don't want to do the whole 9-5 thing and want to be there for my kids. This system sounds so promising, but I want to know I can do it first. I have all of the time in the world to devote to it and it'd be so great if my fiance could do it too. So I was thinking I could buy it for the both of us.

I'm really excited that there is finally a system out there that really works. I know I sound cheesey as ever, but I've tried just about everything to make money at home and this is the FIRST one that doesn't come back with a ton of unhappy customer results.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you.
  2. Brooke

Brooke New Member

I'm totally new to IM and PL but I've been trying it for 2 wks and its super informative. There is no other cost other than your own investment, adwords,adsense, domains, etc. (he even gives you free websites-you dont have to pay for anything else). I should be making some commission off of this but I'm still learning. If you have 80 to spare I say go for it-you have 8 wks to get your money back!!
  3. ajavery26

ajavery26 New Member

Thank you Brooke. That's mainly what I was wondering was what type of my "own investments" I'd be looking at. As I am REALLY wanting to dive into this and now I have some sort of a broader idea. I think I am going to need a little bit more than 80 as I want to be able to take 100% full advantage of adwords adsense and I know I'll need a domain and hosting is a few bucks a month. So I'm guessing maybe 80+ an extra 20-30 depending how much I really put into it. In the end money isn't the issue as I am sure I'll make it back. It's just the fact I don't have a LOT to spend RIGHT now and Holidays are about to happen and my fiance and I are about to start the whole go out of town routine. He did approve me for doing this though! He's excited and wants to see how well it works
  4. Hemjoe

Hemjoe Member

I mean it depends on hat approach you take. I started off with the whole spending money approach and made my money back with profit but as an experiment i then tried the free approach and using free methods it works really well ( for example last month i made around $250 from one blog with a small amount effort. (im not saying this is what will happen with you but it is an example that it can be done using free methods) . So if you do decide to go ahead and buy pl then the $77 could just be the intial investment and what profit you make from applying free methods you can then use to invest in the future.
  5. ajavery26

ajavery26 New Member

Hey Hemjoe,

Thanks for that, I was unaware they had a free aproach section, that makes me a lot more eager to try it. I was about to attempt to earn some money "for free" on my own and then buy the program. I am so eager to get started. I just absolutely know it will bring forth positive income for my fiance and I.

The fact it has a free section is very encouraging as well as he is such a naysayer on spending money to make money. But I told him it was more of an online course and he was more into letting me do it then. I mean, I control the money, but I tend to be bad at spotting scams sometimes, so I ask for his judgement [​IMG]
  6. ajavery26

ajavery26 New Member

I joined profit lance today! I was able to take some money I had out of my sharebuilder account and invest into what I'd like to call my future [​IMG] Thank God for places like sharebuilder you know? I totally forgot I had a monthly investment plan going on (My college teacher encouraged us all into setting one up a while back. He's kind of an old fashioned man but he was trying to get us to think about our futures and retirement and stuff and he said take 10 percent of what you make and put it aside. So I figured what the hey. He was a smart smart man.)

I have to say I am OVERWHELMED! I don't know where to start. I just boiled a huge steaming pot of coffee, after cleaning out yesterdays coffee that spilled all over the kitchen floor! Needless to say, I am so excited!!!!!

Now, where to begin lol [​IMG]
  7. Hemjoe

Hemjoe Member

Good luck and if you need any help please don't hesitate to ask on the forum therte are many of us who are willing to help
  8. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

Quoting: ajavery26I have to say I am OVERWHELMED! I don't know where to start.
    You should start with the projects section! I know, there is a ton of info and sometimes its overwhelming!
  9. 040107

040107 Member

$77 is what you would pay for the Profit Lance course so you could
    learn the various ways to generate income on the Internet. Yes, there
    are free ways of doing certain things but eventually you will have
    other startup cost or on-going expense such as hosting, domain name
    registrations, autoresponder, etc. Hopefully, you could generate some
    money using free methods and use that money to invest back into
    your business.

Good luck! [​IMG]
  10. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Some people like to start with the projects section.

Others like to start with the first two items on the left nav menu - they explain the course, how to study it, and provide a great intro with videos.

Newbie Shield

11. ajavery26

ajavery26 New Member

I've started with what he has explained to do. I finished the whole introduction area. Right now I'm reading the ebook he had suggested for reading and it's REALLY good. After the eBook section I'm ready for the Project area!
  12. delak

delak New Member

ajavery keep us posted on your progress I am very curious to see how this works out for some one new, just like me.
  13. trym

trym New Member

I guess after introduction videos and readings next up is projects section, I've been a member for about five days and still have a lot of reading to do but I am not "lost" like the first day anymore, like Mike says it takes time and patience...
  14. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Buy Honest Riches if you need an online education. Get the free stuff from too.

That's all you need for online marketing education. Still, you should learn HTML for free from And, you need to create an LLC and know about tax write-offs.

Newbie Shield

15. Brooke

Brooke New Member

You sound like me! I ordered PL and I couldnt stop reading! 3 weeks later...I have loads of laundry to get done and a super dusty house to clean!! I'm still reading but I had to put my mac down for a few days just to digest it all. I still cant figure out a lot of stuff but I have Thanksgiving and Christmas break to get started....making money that is!!!

BTW anyone know Google Black Book??? Havent been able to get my money back. The program is super wack!!! Esp. compared to PL
  16. joe

joe New Member

Hi Brooke,

I bought Google Black Book 4-5 months ago. It was the most crap ebook that I have ever seen in my life. The content, the grammar, the page design are really bad. This is the worst ebook in the world.

I sent my email to the author asking for a refund in 1 week. He replied me that he couldn't give me a refund because he didn't know how much I applied his techniques to my adwords campaign. That sucks, man.

Sorry to tell you that you will never get a refund from Google Black Book.

17. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

Quoting: BrookeYou sound like me! I ordered PL and I couldnt stop reading! 3 weeks later...I have loads of laundry to get done and a super dusty house to clean!!
    I know what you mean. There are still some ebooks in the course I haven't read yet!
  18. Brooke

Brooke New Member

Hi Joe,
    Thats really messed up!!! Cant you pros make a DONT BUY THIS websit??? I guess thats what I'm learning to do huh. So basically I have to learn to make a websit and blow up his spot on the net. Well its a lesson learned.
  19. stacy

stacy New Member

I just joined PL also. How do you get the websites that are included? Are they just templates or does it include hosting? I know I probably need to read everythign first and stop asking questions, I'm just so anxious to get started.
  20. Hemjoe

Hemjoe Member

a fundemental error for many people is they dive in at the deep end not knowing what they are doing and have a struggle on their hands. Others who start with the basics have a much better chance of progressing (just like swimming)

As for the websites, the adsense ones you have to buy domain names for and host them yourself the other review ones you recieve automatically and there is information on this in the course.