Creating a PDF file to distribute as a Free Report

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by DrBobClarke, Sep 1, 2008.

1. DrBobClarke

DrBobClarke New Member

I have written a Free Report to give to people who opt into my website. Right now it is in Word format.

Is the best thing to convert it to a PDF? If so, what is the best way to do this? Do I need to purchase Adobe Acrobat?

Thanks for any help and suggestions!
  2. fatman

fatman New Member

Hi there. I haven't personally written anything yet, but I plan on doing it eventually and I have been doing some research on how to do it. I have heard some people say that you can save a Word doc as a pdf file, but I can't figure out how to do that.

However, you can create a document with Word and then transfer it to pdf format if you go to

Another thing I've found that is popuar is to use Open Office, free software for making pdfs. Also if you research pdf995 I believe there is some free software that helps you write pdf files or change Word docs to pdf (I'm not sure which).

Hope this helps. [​IMG]
  3. Thugfried

Thugfried New Member

Open Office does allow you to convert to PDF. It is also compatible with Word, meaning you should be able to just open your Word program the way it is with Open Office and then it save as a PDF. Granted, if you have really heavy(complicated) formatting in word, something might not switch over. Personally though, I've had very good luck working with Word files in Open Office....and it is free...obvious plus there.
  4. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

I second Open Office. if you want to try out Adobe Acrobat, they give a free trial. I could never figure out how to use it though.
  5. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Another easy solution is through Google Docs. Just upload your word file and then click "Download file as" > PDF.
  6. cupbucket

cupbucket New Member

Personally I would put it into PDF
  7. Seth

Seth New Member

You can convert it online "FREE"
  8. BigSky

BigSky New Member

I have to agree. OpenOffice or cutePDF are probably the best and cheapest ways to go. I had just recently heard of the service from GoogleDocs but have little experience with it. I'm sure it's worth checking out.