Credit card machines on the go.

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Dorean Clarke, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Dorean Clarke

Dorean Clarke Member

My friend likes making accessories and knitting stuff and she wants to sell them for extra money. Aside from making an online shop (which is something she's already going to do), she has potential customers who wants to buy though they can only make credit card payments. So since she has no shop, we're wondering if there are credit card machines which you can bring anywhere with you. Any suggestions / advice?
  2. cravenslope

cravenslope New Member

She can use her smartphone or tablet to receive payments anywhere, she just need to get a credit card reader and it would transform her smartphone or tablet into a mobile credit card reader.
  3. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

What about something like this?

Just tell your friend to do her research. She should know about fees, how secure this would be, etc. before jumping in.
  4. RDWM

RDWM New Member

paypal is ok too...but there is a pretty big chance of being ripped off.
  5. Dorean Clarke

Dorean Clarke Member

My friend went with TSys. She said she likes their mobile payment packages. I'll make sure to tell her of Square too just in case she has problems with it in the future. Thanks!
  6. Muzzamil

Muzzamil Member

If you check out "paypal" website, I pretty sure they give out free credit card reader that can accept any kind of credit cards from anywhere as long as it is connected to your smartphones. Also another company called "Infusionsoft" also let you take credit cards. Hopefully this helped you.