CSG a good team?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by Bobbie, Dec 7, 2007.

1. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Adam brings up some great points and I thought I'd add to it.

Many of you have ready the reasons why some of us left the CSG, one thing to note is while there's a change coming the people who are going to be leading are the same people. That's doesn't mean that they can't turn over a new leaf, just know that when the leaf is turned over it could be poison ivy.

Coastal has a 14 year track record and there's alot of great things coming. You can read about that on other threads here.

Either way, I wish the csg the best in their new business. I know they've had quite a few leaders who've left over the last 12 months and the number has grown exponentially over the last 60 days.

We might not know what's in the cave, but the fact that so many are leaving the cave might be a sign.

Jay NaPier
  2. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

EXCEPT Adam... I am not trying to actually "hype" anything, I just know that what exists now will not be available in the New Year so if anyone is serious about starting a business with the CSG, now is a very good time and it simply will NOT get any better then now. You will see why I am saying that in the New Year. Really, all I am trying to do is help people, it won't do me any good as far as my own bottom line is concerned. I lead from my heart- but I am very much an analyst and am not swayed by hype... facts are what matter to me, and I would never consider for a moment making any hasty decisions because the team that I lead are people I sincerely care about and help on a daily basis. SUPPORT is what I have always represented and been proud of- and I am more then happy to tell you at this junction- that because of my commitment to helping and supporting others, I have remarkably high success and thus, loyalty within my team. I would not risk that trust on a hasty decision that was not very well researched and thought out and VERY GOOD for my team members. They are getting a deal here that is beyond my wildest dreams and absolutely over-delivers on my expectations.

I know you are previously with the CSG as are many others here, so you don't need to do ANYTHING right now and are in a very good position to wait, and yes- should you wish to be informed in order to make an educated decision, you need merely stay tuned! The CSG has truly gone above and beyond in SUPPORTING all its members, past, present and future and I am not only excited but very proud of this organization. As promised, I will make full details available to people, provided that I am welcome here to do so- when the information is public, I am happy to inform sans "hype". I have NEVER encouraged making emotional decisions and the concept of the "pain funnel" was always distasteful to me (though I know it has worked well for others, and I can't argue with its efficacy- it is simply not my style- providing information is), but at the same time I never want to be accused of not looking out for everyone's best interests.

I appreciate that you have learned lessons from your enthusiasm- you will remember speaking to me about the funtime "opportunity" and remember the very pointed questions I asked? That should tell you about exactly the quality and quantity of information I require to make ANY kind of decision.. business or otherwise- and also tell you that I am very much like you having a sit and wait instinct- most people want to stay in their comfort zone. I fully believe it is important when looking at ANY business opportunity to look for the "hole in the boat", and ensure that its strengths out weigh its weaknesses and thus determine if your comfort zone is WORTH moving out of. I for one would never say there is a "perfect" business out there for everyone in every situation-that would be idiocy. However, I do know that there are areas in Coastal that I know can and should be improved upon, a quick look at some of the threads on this board tell me I am not the only one- and with the New Year- my wishlist will most certainly be granted.

I am a big supporter of Coastal and always will be because of what Coastal has done for me and countless others. I am proud to be a Level III Director and what it has taken to acheive that, and I am sure that our BOD will be making significant changes in the New Year as well and I would be thrilled to see many continued positive changes for many years to come. Its one thing to be GOOD, but another thing altogether to continue to evolve and get better and not become a dinosaur- and it is no secret to anyone knowing the history of the various coastal support systems that the CSG has always lead the feild- everyone including our great BOD has followed, here and there adding unique flavour, services and support for everyone in their respective organization. I do see that as a VERY good thing for everyone involved in this industry, and that changes are an inevitable part of life. When I see a good thing made even better, I will evolve, as far as I am concerned, that is the only choice if you are truly interested in serving others.

Cheers

Jani
  3. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Jani, you brought up the support system of Coastal and I think it's important to focus on somethere there that you might not have realized.

TEAM - Together we Each Achieve More is the basis that Coastal has worked upon for 14+ year.

Coastal has depeneded upon top earners and a volunteer staff to assist in making Coastal better. "Some" have chosen to do their own thing and profit - Now, I'm not focusing this on the CSG - In fact, I'll tell you Point Blank that over the last 90 days there has been a group leader who put herself out there to help, yet - When it was time to do what she said she'd do - No Dice.

There will always be options to make things better and contine to grow, but until there's someone that's willing to DO - it's not going to happen. The CSG at one point was in good standing with Coastal, but due to one or a few peoples egos and desire to profit there became a change.

My believe is that the PAST does not EQUAL the Future. The objective of the board of directors - and those who attend the trainings regularly know that the objective is to bring EVERYONE together and provide the BEST support and training systems.

There IS a price involved in doing this. Someone had to put hours and hours and DOLLARS into the Coastal DVD. We all have that now, but SOMEONE had to volunteer their time and their money to make it happen. When the investment was paid off...the cost of the DVDs have gone way down. There's no copyright, so you can make as many copies as you wish.

In the end, you can be a part of the problem or you can seek out the board of directors, get to know them. Volunteer to help and CHANG the things you'd like to see changed. But sitting on the sideline playing armchair quarterback....lol Well, your either in the game or your not.

Personally, I can tell you it was VERY rude for the CSG to walk out on an official Coastal event like they did in September 2006, but since the board of directors was announcing a new website - that's what they chose to do to keep their members from seeing what the board had put together.

I know some of this is before your time and your simply a rider on the bus, but I'd encourage you to go up front. Take the wheel and realize that the color of the bus is still the same - the only difference is that the name of the school is changing.

Jay NaPier
  4. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

In Coastal it is important and we teach new people to do their due diligence. The case here is no one can do that diligence as the facts arent out. How can I join something before I know what it is? You mentioned something will be changing by the New year. Let me quote.Quoting: matiasmommyI am not trying to actually "hype" anything, I just know that what exists now will not be available in the New Year so if anyone is serious about starting a business with the CSG, now is a very good time and it simply will NOT get any better then now. You will see why I am saying that in the New Year.
    As not to assume or jump to conclusions can you explain that.

Without an explanation I stand by my statement of HYPE and having been on the CSG Board of Directors and having the experience of having planned events , trainings and new systems with the same leaders that are making a new opt now I think I can comment here. Again I wish all the CSG the best but to come in and tell new people to join the CSG now without giving facts sounds alot different from the mantra of doing your due diligence.

Im not trying to argue or start anything im just calling things as I see them.

P.S. - I think the CSG is a great organization and has much to offer just as all of the other groups in Coastal do as well. I say this as I was proud to be on their Board of Directors and host calls and contribute and inspire so many as part of them. They will have great success with their new program as the leaders behind it have alot of experience. I just again say to anyone before you join anything get all the facts so there are no questions or hard feelings later.

Adam Frederick
    Founder of A-Team CV Apprentice Program
    Coastal Level III Director
    302 327 6263
  5. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Hi Jay...

I was not at that event you speak of, but I do know people who were, and the story I have been told is significantly different about people "walking" out. They say that history is all about perspective, but I do know several people who were there, and I also know that the Al has personally told me that the ONLY place to be in Coastal is with the "official" system- so I hardly get the impression that other support systems and groups are fully embraced- even though those same other groups and systems have done much to improve things for everyone accross the board. I have also NEVER been told to not participate in BOD events, and I have also encouraged my team members to attend BOD events. Just yesterday, a fellow called me wondering how on earth he should get in touch with the BOD for questions- I absolutely sent him to the BOD call schedule but gave him my regrets that other then those calls and the ship centre if he had shipping trouble, I could be of no further useful assistance with his problem.

In my personal experience, and opinion, the CSG has provided better info, training and support in running my business- but absolutely I have went to Stephanie Johnsons office for product concerns. I have also seen MASSIVE positive changes as of late in the BOD system with the new websites et al and I do think that is a VERY good thing for all- even though I recognize much of it as being CSG in origin. I'm not against people DOING what works, after all. I fully expect to see more positive changes in the BOD in the New Year, and I really hope so for the sake of everyone. To let you know, I have had several contacts with BOD members and leaders and taken what action that I could to be solution orientated and supportive. I would not advocate anything else to anyone, and most certainly do not consider myself to be an armchair spectator, as in my own way I have done a lot to support this business and the many people in it, volounteering my time on many occasions when I had no incentive to do so.

I know you claim people are leaving the CSG in droves, but I see absolutely NO evidence of that at calls or live events.. in fact, knowing what I do know- I expect to see very much the reverse happening in the New Year. I am expecting people that have been personally unhappy with aspects of this business to be THRILLED to see action has been taken for a positive solution. Knowing what I do know.. and seeing what has been done for us- I am simply stunned.

I will not argue that everyone working together benefits everyone, and have always been a big supporter of that idea as well... I would not be where I am today without the people of Coastal and the CSG, and feel thus an obligation to serve others who cross my path- whether or NOT they are with the CSG. We all start out somewhere in this business, and it is only right to lend a helping hand where one can.

Adam, I am not at liberty to give details at the moment, but I can say that being a present or former member of the CSG come the New Year will be very beneficial to anyone choosing to participate- and of course I would not advocate anything less then fully informed and enthusiastic participation once this new information is released to everyone.

Its only 2 weeks or so away, so lets just stop spreading false rumours and have a very Happy Holiday! The New Year is going to be a very exciting time for everyone in the Coastal family- and historically January is a VERY busy month in Home Based Business EVERYWHERE, and I am certain that with the passion all of us here share, we will continue to prosper and make big differences in the world, one person at a time.

Jani
  6. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: matiasmommyI have done a lot to support this business and the many people in it, volounteering my time on many occasions when I had no incentive to do so.

Great to hear it Jani and I look forward to meeting you in Orlando at the March 28th and 29th Official Coastal Event.

JN
  7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

....Guess I'll pop in here yet,too...[​IMG]

Were you able to get some help or answers, Bobbie, through all this dialogue??...I must admit, I would be a bit confused if I were new to it all!

I admit I have to agree with 'asebf' on the fact that if you have your L1 package, you are a lifetime member with Coastal..but I also agree with the fact that you will need some sort of training to get your training sales out of the way and to learn the ropes...

I suggest getting on the BOD calls and learning as much as you can on there...plus plugging into the official coastal websites and then get out there and do the work and you just might surprise yourself![​IMG]

There is some really good training on the official coastal training dot com site for exactly the situation you are in - listen to those recorded calls on there.....

Much success to you as you take charge of your new business!

Viola
  8. Alex Reynolds

Alex Reynolds New Member

I thought you may be interested in an official statement from the CSG Leadership....

On behalf of The CSG Leadership we wish all Coastal Vacations Members the best of success in 2008.

We are excited to ring in the New Year with all our CSG members. Collectively the CSG is the largest, fastest growing and most successful team of Coastal Vacations owners in the 14 year history of Coastal. When the CSG cofounders first attended a Coastal Event in 2003, there were 50 members in the room. Today the CSG alone boasts a membership of over 2500.

With this success rate, we are assuredly doing something right.

In light of the current speculation and rumours, we want to assure all CSG members, that The CSG Leadership and administration are 100% dedicated to the security, profits and longevity of their businesses. We want to be very clear that The CSG has secured a long term vision and plan that will allow CSG Members to operate their businesses at the highest level of integrity and profit. We are confident that in 2008 our members will excel at a level far beyond what they have experienced thus far, protected by solid business standard that has been created with long term sustainability in mind.

As entrepreneurs we are familiar with the importance of being supported by a long term vision and business plan by an organization of principle driven and success focussed individuals, and we will continue to provide our members with ONLY the best quality, service and profit potential in 2008.

CSG Members can look forward to the same high level of service, dedication and now structure that they have come to trust in, and expect from our Leadership.

-CSG Leadership
  9. cgardner1

cgardner1 New Member

I agree - we should wait and see what's in store
    for the CSG - they have been amazing.
    If you don't like what they are doing - don't worry -
    It's All Good!

Coastal Vacations is an awesome Business Model.
    I do understand things can get a bit confusing
    when starting a new business.
    As a long time CSG member -
    also experienced in the "We Close Your Sales"Call center
    with Jeff Mills online Marketing training
    the "Coastal Closers" call center,
    the "Decide Freedom International" Group,
    and Dani Johnson Training
    "COA Network - Official Coastal / Board of Directors" tools,
    "FunTime Vacations",
    Contact Talk Contact Management Software
    "Success synergy Solutions,
    and -my own website -
    I've been very involved for years - Full time
    If you want staight up information with no Hype - please feel free to contact me. I know what it's like to feel scammed, hyped and lied to
    I love to help people and especially to shorten the "learning curve"
    I've helped People who feel abandonded by their director or group for FREE and will continue to help anyone who is willilng to work to achieve their goals.
    Coastal is a real business that takes real work

[Link removed - Admin]

Warmest Regards,
    Carole
  10. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

There is way to much focus on the various groups in Coastal Vacations. Lately the focus has been on the CSG as they roll out their own new travel opportunity. Well congratulations to them but lets get back to the subject at hand. That subject being Coastal Vacations. That where my focus has been and where yours should as well. It doesnt matter what team you are on as all the teams have alot to offer. Focus your energy on getting in front of prospects and sharing this opportunity. If you do that then you will be successful.

The best team to be on is your own team. Ive been a member of the CSG as well as serving on their leadership board. Ive got friends on every team in Coastal and the bottom line is that if you can do a few simple things you can be successful in Coastal no matter what team you are on. I tell this story all the time. My director in Coastal didnt have the experience we had in home based businesses. If I had been on this forum and been picking a director to start with they wouldnt have been our pick. But it didnt stop us from making the money we have made. I thank God that our director found us. By the same token even if you pick a director that makes "x" amount of sales a week that doesnt mean it will be a good fit for you. I know several successful directors that now have large teams that say that picking that director that made "x" sales was the worst decision for them and they would tell everyone to never pick a director just because of the sales that director talked about making.

It comes down to doing the simple things. Coastal sells itself. Get this package in front of a bunch of people and the numbers will happen. Say you are calling people on the phone I have a simple way you should handle it. When you call ask the prospect if they like travel? Then ask if they like timeshares? I bet they first answer they love travel and that they hate timeshares. Then tell them if they could travel for deep discounts ( give them an example) and not do a timeshare would it be worth looking at? Then sweeten the pot by offering them a vacation for looking. The COA gives away a code to give away vacations on their calls so you dont even have to give out your membership number to anyone. After that ask them to tell their friends and you will give them more vacations. Was that simple? You dont need a bunch of phone skills to do that.

Another simple way is to go to Dominoes and offer then to do a customer appreciation day. You offer a Carnival cruise ( if you arent level two get your upline to get one for you) in a promotion for them. You collect the names of all that enter the promo and call all of them and offer them a vacation for looking at your site as a bonus just for entering the contest. Again simple. You dont need a director or fancy coaching or videos to learn this.

Focus your efforts on the simple task of showing people Coastal and this business will work.

Now if you are looking for a director to jump to and you want someone that will teach you the real world scenarios of how to be successful I might be who you are looking for. I do take new people on but its a case by case basis. I dont just open the doors. My time is valuable and you should look at yours as well. Thats thought process is what has made me success.

Now I understand the idea of doing things for free. Its good business to give back. But never sell yourself short. This is a give and take relationship so dont let someone take more than you are willing to give.

Adam Frederick
    Founder of A-Team CV FREE Apprentice Program
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  11. celeste

celeste New Member

I am extremely confused. When I google "coastal vacations" some people say it's wonderful while many others say it's a scam. I have had one person I know tell me it's good, but she can be pretty flakey most of the time so I don't know if I trust her opinion. AND, she is part of coastal already so she has a lot to gain by my joining through her.

Truthfully, when i read the scam reports and see the rebuttals, they are really not that convincing. The people submitting rebuttals are extremely defensive which usually means they are covering something up.

Any insight (NOT sales pitches)?
  12. CoastalToday

CoastalToday New Member

Hi Celeste,

Are you looking at Coastal as a business or as a consumer?

Both are valid, of course, but if you wish to understand the benefits of the package, then you must be the type of person who will actually USE it - to obtain discounts on general travel, to take advantage of the mini-vacations and to use the cards in the package.

Personally, I have saved thousands of dollars in hotel and condo stays, car rentals and dining/activities. But then, I use the package. If it were sitting in my file cabinet gathering dust I wouldn't be reaping the rewards.

Now, from the other perspective, if you wish to promote Coastal as a business owner, then you must understand the nature of owning your own business. This means actively marketing, being prepared to talk with others about the product and the opportunity and (usually) stepping outside your comfort zone to learn new things.

If you are the type who can't effectively do this, then Coastal may not be for you. It is the people who believe that riches will fall from the sky with no effort who generally claim "scam" with any biz opp. Interestingly enough, many of those same people cry foul over the money they spent, not realizing the HUGE tax advantages of a home business and that the package purchase is fully deductible as a start up cost.

So, no, Coastal is not a scam. Is it for you? Only you can say.

Best of luck with your decision

Tonya Kopp
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  13. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Celeste,
    You are faced with the decision that we all had with each and every Bizz Opp that we have tried at one time or another. I have tried so many I can't remember them all. Most of them were not "Scams" but they were the "join for free" or "join for $30 a month and get 1000 more to join for $30 a month and you make $5 of that $30 for as long as they stay in and you stay in". Of course nobody EVER stays in so those programs fade quickly. Coastal has been around for 14 years now and thats just as a Bizz Opp. The main company has been around for about 27 years. It's definately not a scam. The people that claim it is have probably been scammed by directors who took their money and ran or said they would help them and never did. This is why it is SO important to get references from others on the directors you are looking into. If the person you are signing up with is not a director yet then talk to their upline to find out who you will be passed up to. Coastal makes thousands of people thousands of dollars every week and it does work because the product is real so don't let the people who unfortunaltely found a bad director or simply didn't work the business affect your decision. If you are willing to work then you can make money with Coastal.
  14. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey Celeste,

I hope you got my message and use the information to take a look at Coastal Vacations. I would like to focus here on the topic of picking a director. I think that of all of the things in Coastal this is the most overrated. Many will disagree but ill give you my reasons for my statement.

1- Your directors success has little to do with your success

There are directors on this very forum that have stated they make 10 sales a week. Thats amazing but I know of members that are part of their team that never had any success. Your director can really be an advantage if they are a good trainer but even if they arent there is a system put in place by Coastal so no one is left in the cold. Its more about you, your desire and your willingness to learn the skills you need to succeed.

2- Many directors will continue to work with you after you are qualified but it isnt always in their best financial interest.

If you come in at level III and do your 2 qualifying sales then you are a qualified level III director and now can profit from every sale to the fullest. Its not in your directors interest to help you as much anymore. These two sales can come very quickly. My wife and I got qualified in a matter of weeks and many do it even faster. Ive heard of it happening in a day. One group now talks about getting you qualified in I think its like 72 hours now. Now many will continue to do so but they arent obligated. Thats why its important to plug into the training system the many groups have created. Lead to find prospects. Learn to present the info. Learn the answers to questions. This forum is an excellent place for learning.

3- As directors vie for new prospects like yourself things can get a bit ugly

This forum because of competition has and can get a bit ugly. Thats just the nature of the beast. As everyone is trying to "close" you and get you on their team everyone will put their best foot forward and put themselves in the best light. Its the way it is. Ive had prospects contact 5 different directors and then ask me what can I do better than the other directors. I dont participate in that. Id love for you to work with me but if you dont there are millions of more prospects out there.

Those are three reasons I think you should really focus on learning the system. I would suggest giving the person who first told you about Coastal a shot. They are the most deserving as they were the ones that exposed you to Coastal. Give them the first shot. If you dont pick them then do your best to look at the info posted in this forum to make a decision. Many of us post regularly and give great info all the time. Now many that posy waffle their positions based on what the popular view is. But there are a bunch of us that have been true and tried since the beginning. I look at things this way. How you do one thing is a good representation of how you do most things. Ive been sharing since ive come in Coastal and that what ive always done. Many of the people here know of my success or have been on my team so I let that speak for itself.

Adam Frederick
    Founder of A-Team CV FREE Apprentice Program
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  15. asebf

asebf New Member

celest,

Google Amway. Amway has been around for a billion years, and I believe people know they have always sold excellent products - but many have not liked the way they market them.

Personally I am not into multi level - but their success cannot be tossed aside as something that does not work - no matter how many negative Google things come up. Coastal is of course not a multi level sales program - but Coastal - like Amway - or any business that does lots of business is going to have some bad apples and some unsatisfied customers.

Whatever you research you are going to find some negative feedback. If there is zero negative feedback - chances are that the company has no track record.

I would also pay little attention to people who take shots at other directors on this public forum. Negative comments directed at someone on a public forum is at the very least in bad taste. Not someone I would want to associate with - let alone do business with.

You need to do some research about Coastal so you are comfortable. I personally feel which director you choose is not nearly as important as what YOU are willing to do. Everything is laid out for you. All the training - the Q & A calls to attend. The product calls to keep you up to speed - everything.

What we do is not hard, but it does take effort on your part. If you put in the time, and educate yourself - something NOBODY can do for you - and follow the game plan - you will do fine. In fact you can do much better than fine - It is ALL up to YOU.

Having been self employed for over 30 years I cannot even fathom what it means to have to work by rules someone else dictates - having to be at work at certain times - being limited as to which children functions I can attend because I have to "work".

Even if you only make as much as you are today - the freedom is worth everything.

Good luck in your search.
  16. victorious

victorious New Member

People out there are confused, CSG is NOT Coastal! We've had several emails asking us if Coastal is not more; and you need to know, Coastal is NOT going ANYWHERE!

We are stronger than ever, business is booming, and still paying the bills!

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Christian Marketers
    (770)995-0029
  17. asebf

asebf New Member

Is "X" a good team? It is not the team - It is you!!! If you want something bad enough - you will find a way. The below is something I wrote a while back - simply put - if you really want to change your life - like NIKE says - Just Do It!!

A while back I was fortunate enough to have helped build a life insurance company. I had several hundred agents working for a lot of managers, and I did not get to meet most of them.

In going through my copies of the commission statements I started seeing one agent doing very well ??“ every month. After a few months I called his manager and asked him what was up with this guy.

My manager (Pete) chuckled and said he wondered when I was going to notice. He said this person was a young black guy in Louisiana selling polices to the army base personnel.

I said "A young black guy, in the deep south, selling to army people?" He said yes ??“ but the story gets better. He lives 100 miles from the base and commutes every day. He drives 200 miles a day.

Baffled, I said how can he spend this much time on the road? Why does he not just rent a room or something? Pete explained further.

This guy has to come back to his town every day as his kidneys are not good and he needs his blood cleansed through dialysis each day.

Ok, I say, let me get this straight. Young black guy in the deep south selling life insurance to military people ??“ lives 100 miles away ??“ and is on dialysis daily on top of all of this ??“ and he is setting sales records?

Pete says yes. The reason he is doing so well is that he has to. He has no insurance and must pay the medical expenses out of his pocket until a kidney donor is found. Basically if he quits working ??“ he will die.

I swear this is an absolutely true story. I then started looking at all the other agents we had that had all these excuses why they could not turn in applications. They were tired. People did not keep their appointments. People hung up on them. The leads I provided were not good enough. They do not have enough time. Aunt Matilda from Arkansas is visiting. My husband's 2nd cousin once removed had a baby.

I wonder if they had to work to stay alive, if they would somehow over come all these excuses?

As Dani Johnson says ??“ at age 65 ??“ 98% of people are either dead or dead broke. Maybe you are in the same position as my agent with the bad kidney ??“ but you just don't know it yet?

Bob

HGwyneth

Report post# Posted: 23 Nov 2007 03:36
    Reply Quote

That is a great quote. It reminds me of a story about Colonel Sanders of KFC fame. He began his business when he was about 68 but didn't get his first break until he was around 72. He was rejected hundreds of times but maintained his drive.

Bahamas Atlantis Paradise Resort $329 per person

When you get paid to travel, business is always pleasure!
    getagrip
    Preferred Member

Report post# Posted: 24 Nov 2007 15:30
    Reply Quote

Wow! That's determination! Hopefully, the guy's kidney's won't fail...

Watch My New Video - Create, Blogs, and Websites in Minutes!

Wealthy Affiliate Review
    ka7952

Report post# Posted: 24 Nov 2007 20:35
    Reply Quote

What a moving story!

I agree, it has to be that you can't afford to fail. That will make you work real hard.

MakeMoneyFromShopping
    ChatAndGetPaid
    PassiveIncomeFree
    ??
  18. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Bob,
    did this guy get his kidney?
  19. asebf

asebf New Member

Harold,

It was not long after I found out about this guy that the insurance company we had set up to be the initial underwriter and to issue policies, made some changes that we had not seen coming. We got blindsided so to speak. Our fault - should have not left that door open.

With one day's notice, they made a change that effectively put us in a position of not being able to do business. That meant that I had over 500 people - with families - that no longer had a job.

So my job was to find a company that could take the business we were doing. Even the large companies could not gear up for our business in time to help all of my people.

Lesson learned people!!!! - and I have never put myself or anyone I work with in this position since.

There is a reason the old timers say to never put all your eggs into one basket. If you are in a position in which one person can turn your life upside down - then you need to make changes.

This is yet another reason why Coastal is a good choice - the only person that can fire me - is me.

So to answer your question - I never got to hear the end of that story, as I was trying to save his job along with 500 other people's jobs. And to answer the question of if I was able to pull it off?

NO - It is one of those success stories with a bad ending. Some lessons we are taught come with a higher price than others. This lesson was mind boggling expensive.
  20. asebf

asebf New Member

Harold,

I spoke with a lady yesterday, and after listening to her situation, I suggested she contact you re: Coastal.

Actually it was the day before yesterday - no matter - I am sure you will take care of her needs - NO not that way you dirty ole man - I meant her income needs.