DAY 1. The top tips to make money online -Jack Provost

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by JackDProvost, Jun 18, 2011.

1. JackDProvost New Member

First lets begin with SEO it is going to seem very difficult but it really is not.

Article Tip 1.
    We want to work with a keyword density of around 2-3%

Article Tip 2.
    Your should bold and italic everyone of your key words.. for example

"I found this really great work from home forum and to be honest I found some really killer tips. When you search to find the right work from home forum you need to browse around the forum a bit and make sure it is not full of spam!"

You need to place the article on your website first So what we need to do is add the and tags all containing your keyword in a sentence. Make sure to bold and italic the keywords in the h tags

Article Tip 3.
    BEFORE YOU SUBMIT THIS ARTICLE TO DIRECTORIES
    you need to make sure Google has indexed your post on your website before submitting to article directories! You can do this 2 ways.. Method 1, go to Google.com and type in with quotes "" your title for example "killer work from home forum review". Second method is to take one sentence out of your article and do a Google.com search example: "I found this really great work from home forum and to be honest I found some really killer tips."

Now that you know your post has been indexed by Google it is now time to submit this article to article directories! What I use is an Article submitter but this is not required.. it just saves me some time. DO NOT JUST GO AND BUY SOME PIECE OF CRAP ARTICLE SUBMITTER! YOU NEED ONE THAT WORKS! There are tons of article directories that will love to have your content! ezinearticles.com, xomba.com, articledudes.com there are literally hundreds out there.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME SPINNING ARTICLES! SINCE YOU INDEXED THE ARTICLE FIRST IT DOES NOT MATTER ONE BIT!

Article tip 4,
    Turn your article into slide show this slideshow you can upload to several video directories for example youtube.com, metacafe.com and others. To turn an article into a movie I usually use pre installed software on my computer either "MicroSoft power point" or "windows live movie maker"

LINK BACK TO YOUR ARTICLE! The reason we are linking to your article instead of the product or service is we are trying to rank for the keyword.

This is my conclusion for DAY 1 of The top tips to make money online you will find more hot tips coming for the next few days. We will be talking about outsourcing and some free methods to driving traffic.
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Awesome! This is a great post - very straightforward and easy to follow. [IMG]
  3. Just2EZ Gold Member

JackDProvost: "I found this really great work from home forum and to be honest I found some really killer tips.
    I'll second that!
    mountainmom5: Awesome! This is a great post - very straightforward and easy to follow.
    I second that too!
    Thanks Jack, very concise.
  4. kenwrites New Member

Great stuff Jack. And also big thanks Jack, finally someone gives the correct information regarding spinning!

There is so much misinformation about submitting your content to directories as is. As long as it is indexed on your sites first, submit the exact same article. It is not duplicate content.

Great share Jack, looking forward to more. [IMG]
  5. JackDProvost New Member

Thank you
    kenwrites: Great share Jack, looking forward to more.
    Just2EZ: Thanks Jack, very concise
    mountainmom5: Awesome! This is a great post - very straightforward and easy to follow.
    Keep an eye out for more I have some more tips coming tomorrow if I get some time [IMG] Also I am open to PM's if you need more tips or advice.. I am willing to share all the tips and tools I use to make money [IMG]
  6. JackDProvost New Member

CRAP! I forget to add a very important piece of information regarding placing the article on your site!!

Okay so when you place the article on your website you need to place on the very bottom of the article this (you need to place 3 links that point to other posts you already made on your website!)

RELATED POSTS:
    http://yourdomain.com/some-post-that-is-already-on-your-site-here
    http://yourdomain.com/another-post
    http://yourdomain.com/this-is-the-last
  7. Just2EZ Gold Member

JackDProvost: links that point to other posts you already made on your website!
    Funny you should mention that, right as I finished doing that on a page - sort of.
    An old habit of mine is using the FULL URL like Jack did in his example above.
    It seems to help with the crawlers indexing pages, and some show it as a link in.
    It also helps if you forgot to update your index.xml file. (Update it regularly!)
    Good advice Jack, as usual.
    Thanks!
  8. mountainmom5 Gold Member

JackDProvost: CRAP! I forget to add a very important piece of information regarding placing the article on your site!!

Okay so when you place the article on your website you need to place on the very bottom of the article this (you need to place 3 links that point to other posts you already made on your website!)
    You know,,, this is something I have not been doing so much. uh duh. sometimes I wonder if I know what I'm doing![IMG]
  9. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Just2EZ: An old habit of mine is using the FULL URL like Jack did in his example above.
    I have heard various opinions on this so would you say using the exact url is better than using a keyword text link?
  10. mountainmom5 Gold Member

JackDProvost: Keep an eye out for more I have some more tips coming tomorrow if I get some time
    Please do! I would love to hear what you think about adsense placement. [IMG]
  11. Just2EZ Gold Member

mountainmom5: I have heard various opinions on this so would you say using the exact url is better than using a keyword text link?

That's a trick question! Your URL should be a keyword! But yes, both is better.
  12. JackDProvost New Member

Well Mountain mom are you using wordpress or not? I can better assist you if I know what platform you are using.
  13. JackDProvost New Member

Forgot to tell you my adsense jumped from $2 a day to $10 a day now. Some times much less.. like right now I am at
    $5.72
    Today so far
    $10.67
    Yesterday

But you have to understand I am doing it 2 ways. One website is a parked domain that is doing nothing but sponsored ads. then the other is content based ads on another website
  14. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I use SBI for my main sites and wordpress for smaller stuff. So when I build a new SBI page I'll just start adding a couple related links at the bottom but what I was asking is if it's best to use the exact url as the link such as:

http://www.mydomain/my-keyword-here

OR just use the my-keyword-here as an anchor link.

Make sense?
  15. mountainmom5 Gold Member

JackDProvost: Forgot to tell you my adsense jumped from $2 a day to $10 a day now. Some times much less.. like right now I am at
    $5.72
    Today so far
    $10.67
    Yesterday

But you have to understand I am doing it 2 ways. One website is a parked domain that is doing nothing but sponsored ads. then the other is content based ads on another website
    sweet! I have not had much success with parked domains so all my adsense comes from content pages. I have not yet figured it all out as some days I make way more and then the next I can have oodles of hits and not many clicks - I am not convinced that Google doesn't play games with us.lol

But regardless, my adsense check is a nice chunk every month so I am quite grateful for them![IMG]
  16. JackDProvost New Member

mountainmom5: http://www.mydomain/my-keyword-here

OR just use the my-keyword-here as an anchor link.

Make sense?
    Now what I do is half and half.. some times I will post links and other times I will post the title as the link.

Also you can mix it up instead of doing 3 do 4 at the bottom of the post and do 2 url based and the other 2 keyword based.
  17. FreeCashMan Active Member

Good stuff.

When pennies become dollars on your adsense activity, it's always makes for a good smile.[IMG]
  18. Just2EZ Gold Member

Just2EZ: mountainmom5:
    I have heard various opinions on this so would you say using the exact url is better than using a keyword text link?

That's a trick question! Your URL should be a keyword! But yes, both is better.

The point was not one or the other, it was full verses relative links.
    instead of ".../my-key-word-here.html" use the full
    "http://www.mydomain/my-keyword-here.html"
    In other words, the link should be the full address even if invisible.
    That way when it's crawled the link is picked up as incoming.
    Not that it boost any rankings, just gets it indexed easier.
  19. talfighel Silver Member

The best advice I can give is to make sure that you use for highlighting your keyword in your article. This is a good way to get your article better indexed.

I used to send my article to other directories but I no longer do that.

I only add it to my articles page and get my article indexed high on page one after 2-4 days.
  20. mountainmom5 Gold Member

FreeCashMan: When pennies become dollars on your adsense activity, it's always makes for a good smile.
    Oh yeah - and nobody understands that except those of us that have sweated our way thru the penny days to get to the dollar days - my next goal is $75 a day AVERAGE - not only once a month.... [IMG]