Did Anybody Watch American Idol Tonight?

Discussion in 'Casual Chat' started by Money4Mommy, May 21, 2008.

1. Money4Mommy

Money4Mommy New Member

David Cook wins American Idol 2008!

Did you like his eyeliner? [​IMG]

2. azmom

azmom New Member

Yeah, I think he deserves to win. Both Davids have great voice but Cook is a better performer.

I didnt notice that eyeliner though...

3. Money4Mommy

Money4Mommy New Member

He was wearing eyeliner at the end of the show. I just published a Squidoo lens about guys who wear eyeliner so I noticed right away, LOL. Now I have one more guy to fuel the fire on my Guyliner debate on MonkeyBrain.

4. mphollins

mphollins New Member

I did not watch AO, but I viewed the shows video feeds. My preference was for David Arch-- over David C. The songs of David A on the last show were not as great as the first shows. His voice is much better than Cook, I would call it a tie with two first place winners. Notice it is not always the winner of AO that gets the big record sells and hits. Sometimes it is the second or third choice. I would bet that David A has the first hit CD from this season.

5. aleker

aleker New Member

David Arch will probably be good in a few years, I'm still surprised he made it that far.

6. lalit7552

lalit7552 New Member

I rarely watch these kind of live show. I really hate that the way they cry and do dramas.

7. jackiereynold

jackiereynold New Member

I missed it but am not regretting the fact that I actually did... [​IMG]

My only problem is that better vocalist are shown the door every time...

8. PMHayes

PMHayes New Member

jackiereynold: I missed it but am not regretting the fact that I actually did...

My only problem is that better vocalist are shown the door every time...
    I have my own feelings about American Idol. I know someone personally who went to the auditions in Atlanta. She is extremely talented, vocally, but never made it past the first cut. Her experience has caused me to think a lot less of the show. Here's why.

The first audition (you have to go through 4 before getting in front of Randy, Simon and Paula) they only allowed one person to get through each hour, no matter how talented someone else might be. I know this person, well, and know she would not be fabricating this. Yes, they have thousands upon thousands of people to go through, especially in the early rounds, but automaticaly allowing just one each hour? If someone is unlucky enough to follow the ONE they let through, that's too bad for them. Not a very good triage process, at all.

But they allowed the FREAKS to pass on through without even an audition! Something smells a bit fishy about that, to me. Now, I know that eventually only people with true talent get to the top 12, but the whole weeding out process is sucpect to me. The young lady I am referring to has won NUMEROUS national pagents because of her voice and charisma. I would stack her up against any of the past winners of this show.

It seems they are more interested in putting on a circus than an actual talent show. Just my humble opinion, of course.

9. herwindz

herwindz New Member

ya david cook rocks [​IMG]
    will buy his CD for sure

10. successful2008

successful2008 New Member

David....Eyeliner?? That's so wrong! I do like american idol. You all should go to youtube and look for the Canadian Idol who passed a little (something-something) I laughed so hard.

To your massive success,
    Michelle

11. lalit7552

lalit7552 New Member

Honestly speaking I do not like these kind of shows where dramas involved. In India also such kind of show is taking place but I really hate when judges start dramas and showing over smartness.

12. successful2008

successful2008 New Member

This was not drama, this was funny. I like the funny stuff.

To your massive success,
    Michelle