Did anyone else get snowed in?

Discussion in 'Casual Chat' started by getagrip, Dec 9, 2009.

1. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I got snowed in at my girl friend's house last night. I ended up arranging some couch cushions into a bed and borrowed her sleeping bag and slept in the basement, which was better than sleepng on the floor - it seemed a little more comfortable than sleeping on the couch! Anyway, I'm still stuck here - there is about 8 inches of snow in the street in front of her house! [​IMG]

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Here in Philadelphia at the moment (12:50pm) the rain has stopped, it's sunny and bright, with temperatures approaching 50 degrees. Not even a hint of snow! [​IMG]

Hermas

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Where do you live Keith?? Unfortunately here in Montana it has to be several FEET before they allow us to be snowed in - LOL

Our temps have been in the minus most of the week.... so Philly sounds kinda inviting right now.[​IMG]

4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I live in Nebraska...nice and cold here! It was about 7 degrees earlier today - it hurt to be outside!

5. westfam11

westfam11 Member

We got 10-11 inches here in Dubuque, Iowa. Wind chills are -10 to -15. My husband and I actually went on a one mile walk. We love snow.

Becky

6. country

country New Member

getagrip

Ice in Greenville,SC and expecting more tomorrow morning and again Friday. A wintery mix forcast for us simply means ICE!

7. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I grew up in Northern Michigan in the snow belt.
    The typical snow fall was average 750 inches a year.

Colorado has great snow as well, and I look forward to returning!

Snow is wonderful!
    Victoria

8. hearthopes

hearthopes New Member

We did get some snow over here in Oregon but it has melted away. Thankfully!![​IMG]