Directory Submissions in WA?

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by treevee, Feb 23, 2010.

1. treevee

treevee Member

Does WA offer in their 8 Week Action Plan directory submissions like SEO Elite or Traffic Bug? Plus, do they offer any guarantee or your money back for the any amount of time?

2. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

No, they do not offer submission services.

No guarantee is offered, as the amount of dedication and effort from each student would vary way too much.

I hope this helps, Victoria

3. treevee

treevee Member

Thanks, Victoria. Did you do the One Week Marketing that WA suggests on their site before you joined WA? Did they suggest any submission services while you are taking the 8 week course? (Will I need to have extra funds for these services to do this 8 week program?) I understand that they teach you to use Adwords but I won't be doing that, at least not until money starts coming in -- do they have a problem with that? Do they help you in finding a niche? -- somewhere I read that they tell you what niches are hot. I'm just trying to figure out which to do first coz money is very tight. Thing is, when I finish the 8 week course, if I am not making any money by that time, I proly will not be able to continue with the cost of WA -- will I still be able to have my site hosted by them?

Sorry for all the questions, but I need to have this all figured out before I put all my eggs in one basket. I appreciate your reply!

4. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

treevee
    Treevee,
    With the 8 week Action Plan, you can progress through that at your own pace depending on how much time you have. You don't necessarily have to take a whole 8 weeks to do it. If you have more time to give to it, you can go through the material faster.

PLUS, with some of the free marketing methods that you learn in the first couple of weeks of the action plan, you can begin to market Wealthy Affiliate itself, and after you get two people signed up you'll be making as much money as the membership costs you, so at that point, the membership cost is a MOOT point and then you are free to just enjoy Wealthy Affiliate without feeling any kind of pressure to absorb ALL of it in a short period of time.

And I might add that promoting Wealthy Affiliate and getting a couple of signups truly is not hard at all. I know that before you've done it it's sometimes hard to believe that it's real, but I promise you that when you get that first email that says "Congratulations! You Just Made A Sale!"... your jaw will drop and your eyes will pop out of your head. Then you'll be feeling really happy!

After that, people tend to start worrying again and believe that their first sale was just a "luck" sale. But, then the second sale comes through and your eyes pop out of your head again and you get that big smile on your face!

I say go for it. If money is tight, then the first thing you should do is start employing some of the free methods and get a couple of signups so you don't have to worry about the membership fee anymore.

5. treevee

treevee Member

Thanks dmitch,

Most likely, I'll be just doing my One Week Marketing until I can get the funds up for Wealthy Affiliate. Unfortunately, you still gotta have the money to start -- to make money marketing WA. But, I'm really looking forward to beginning WA one day .... hopefully soon!

6. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

Treevee,
    Please let us know how things go with the One Week Marketing. I have purchased Jennifer's course and gone through it thoroughly but have not actually gotten to the point of implementing any of it yet. It will be very helpful for the rest of us if you share with us your experiences with it.

7. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Oops! Sorry for the late reply;

treevee: Thanks, Victoria. Did you do the One Week Marketing that WA suggests on their site before you joined WA?

No, a WA member created OWM, and I have not read it. Apparently, many do like the program very much.

Did they suggest any submission services while you are taking the 8 week course? (Will I need to have extra funds for these services to do this 8 week program?)

No, WA does not seem to promote outside services.
    However, I use Traffic Bug and adore it.

I understand that they teach you to use Adwords but I won't be doing that, at least not until money starts coming in -- do they have a problem with that?

Nope. You do not need to use Adwords . It is best to go the SEO route, the free methods until you have successful campaigns.

Do they help you in finding a niche?

For a while, they were posting in dept research on hot niches. Most members seem to have their own ideas however.

-- somewhere I read that they tell you what niches are hot. I'm just trying to figure out which to do first coz money is very tight. Thing is, when I finish the 8 week course, if I am not making any money by that time, I proly will not be able to continue with the cost of WA -- will I still be able to have my site hosted by them?

If you cancel your WA account, you will need to find a web host.
    I hope this helps!
    Victoria

8. sarahberra

sarahberra New Member

They offer good info and tools, but there is no gurantee. You need to put a lot of work and dedication into your campaigns. Work work work...