do i have to pay tax for google earning

Discussion in 'Accounting and Legal Advice' started by dimp, Apr 7, 2006.

1. dimp

dimp New Member

i m making money from google. do i have to pay taxes. plese advice
  2. netjobs

netjobs Member

Obviously you have to pay taxes for ur earnings and also it varies country to country, login to ur google account (adsense) and click My Account and click Tax Information and follow the steps...

Just read their terms before implementing adsense on your sites and you cannot ask ur visitors to click on adsense links, pls check ur site and remove the word click on following link it is against google terms and if they found that, then your account will be closed, so remove it immediately...
  3. Hey dimp,
    Quoting: netjobspls check ur site and remove the word click on following link it is against google terms and if they found that, then your account will be closed, so remove it immediately...
    It may be too late already, I was just on your site, and the only thing there is a little box with an "X" in it.
    You still have the google link in the code, but if they shut you out, you won't get back in.

Good Luck on this one,

Joe[​IMG]
  4. gdi

gdi New Member

it depends from the country u are ... [​IMG]
  5. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

If you are making money with Adsense, and live in the USA, you definetly have to pay taxes. Adsense asks for your tax payer identification number before they will send a payment to you, if you live in the USA.
  6. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: dimpi m making money from google. do i have to pay taxes. plese advice

Depends on how much you are making from Google and your other sources of income
  7. vivianjp

vivianjp New Member

In general, any earnings you have from Google AdSense are subject to taxes as they are considered taxable income. In fact, if you earned more than $600 in AdSense income during the tax year, Google will send you a Form 1099-MISC, listing those payments, just as any employer would do for a hired independent contractor. However, even if you do not receive a Form 1099-MISC (for example, if your earnings were under $600, Google may not send you the form), your AdSense earnings are still considered taxable income.

Of course, how these AdSense earnings effect your actual tax payments will depend greatly on your individual situation, including whether the AdSense payments go to you directly, as an individual sole proprietor, or to a business entity. For example, if they are paid to you individually, your AdSense earned would be subject to self-employment tax in addition to regular income tax.

Vivicita
    Homeserve - [Link removed - Admin]
  8. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

You have to pay taxes on your income no matter where it comes from, Google or otherwise.