Do You Believe in Vitamins?

Discussion in 'Health' started by Speedy2011, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Speedy2011

Speedy2011 Member

NOTE: This is NOT about what vitamin offers the best nutrition, if you believe in vitamins. This is a simple yes or no poll to see if people believe that vitamins can offer us healthy nutrition? In other words, do you believe that vitamins can help give your body the nutrition you lack from not eating the right healthy foods.

2. Speedy2011

Speedy2011 Member

At this time this poll has been viewed 23 times and we only had 3 people vote so far out of 23 people. It is a simple click of a "yes" or "No".

At this time I would like to thank the other two people that voted with me so far. Thank you for your honest answers so far. Right now at this point we have two people say "Yes" and one said "No".

Thank you,

3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I personally think that you can get the same stuff into your body with fruits and vegetables, I really do.

I think that vitamins are there only to be sold and are for people who hate to eat fruits or vegetable.

Tal

4. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Speedy2011, i know for a fact that yes they do. Unfortuneately, it is'nt as simple as how most people think. Plus there is a big difference is what is available out there and people's expectations of what they can do for them. I will check out the poll and vote. If you have any questions about them i would be glad to share whatever knowledge i have with you.

5. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Apparently Tal did not vote yet because the No was mine, 2nd vote, 50/50.

My body rejects almost anything except fish and nuts.
    I had many years of taking too many pills and being out of balance.
    Lived on liquid whole food for over 10 years to get back in balance.
    Vitaminiphens (Lucy) may be good for some people but not for all.
    GBG may be a great formula but not for my body, especially citrus.
    I am healthier now than most people I know who take vitamins.
    My results are NOT TYPICAL nor intended as judgment of GBG.

6. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Just2EZ: Lived on liquid whole food for over 10 years to get back in balance.
    Just2EZ is a perfect example of the big difference. Whole Foods are what people should look into. It goes way beyond just vitamins and minerals.

7. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

RICH4NURICHE: Just2EZ is a perfect example
    Let's just leave it at that! Thanks!

Just kidding. I taught my kids I'm a perfect example of what NOT to do.

8. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

9. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

You aren't going to get all the body needs from fruit or vitamins. They both supply the nutrients for great health.

Citrus can be detrimental if over done.

Drink MORE Water folks!

I like taking vitamins and dehydrated fruit pills, to deal with the lack of nutrients in the food.

10. Speedy2011

Speedy2011 Member

Thank you guys for all your feedback and votes about vitamins. You guys have brought up some great points about vitamins and healthy food that I also agree with.

Yes, healthy food will for sure give you the right nutrition for your body. There for you would not really need vitamins. But again money comes in a factor on that. It adds up buying a lot of healthy food to eat each day.

Now you guys are right about some of the ingredients in vitamins do not go very well for people. I had a couple of people already told me that they tried to take vitamins, but it upset their stomach.

I am looking forward on more feedback about vitamins. Good point guys and thank you for your votes we have so far.

Thank you,

11. StayBalanced

StayBalanced New Member

Wish we could get all nutrients from our food, but science indicates that we cannot. Plus we have IgG/IgA food sensitivities that are unique to each individual. We could be eating a healthy food that we are genetically sensitive to that is causing great harm to our health. World of nutrition is very complex and unique to the individual. Lot's of junk vitamins on the market too. Those are the ones that make people nausiated. It's typically the binders/fillers not the actual nutrients. Anyway, I, of course, voted YES!

12. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Speedy2011: But again money comes in a factor on that. It adds up buying a lot of healthy food to eat each day.
    Speedy2011 that's not true, for $2 a day for the recommended servings it is possible to get all that you need. This is what makes our industry unique.

13. JesseK

JesseK New Member

I voted Yes. Reason being, with todays lifestyle being as rushed as it is it is not always possible to prepare and eat everything to keep your body healthy so I definately think there is a place for vitamins.

That being said, a couple of years back I went through a stage where I ditched all the vitamin supplements and started juicing all my fruits and veggies. That was awesome! Made a huge difference to how my family felt. Unfortunately though it does take time and effort to keep something like that up.

14. faye

faye New Member

I voted 'No'. I just do not believe that man can synthetically recreate substances that are as complex as vitamins and minerals. I believe we do not know for sure how these small parts are really linked with other (seemingly unimportant) small parts in veggies and fruits.
    Naw. Call me old-fashioned, but I want the real thing.

And referring to the discussion about the higher price of healthy food stuffs: they do make you feel full for a longer time than high-carb food. I think that more than evens it out.

15. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

Balance, balance, balance people!

Taking single vitamins can be just as - if not more toxic than synthetic drugs- esp vit A. All vitamins and minerals need other vitamins, minerals and amino acids etc to help them work, to transport them round the body to make them absorbable etc.

There are some people who respond better to certain vitamins - a person who suffers from a certain type of migraine can benefit from a b-complex and smokers benefit from non-acidic vit C. But these are temporary measures, to be taken only when needed.

I ticked yes because taking a balanced supplement - like JesseK's juice can have a huge impact on our overall well being. But taking them singularly can really screw your whole system up.

16. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Going back to the basics, it's as natural as it gets. I agree with JesseK's statement, juicing is real good but it's the inconvenience factor that becomes the hurdle/obstacle as well as the space and time limitation of fresh ingredients. It has been taken care of though.

17. Miranda84

Miranda84 New Member

yes I think that vitamins can help improve your health

18. jaybird1973

jaybird1973 New Member

"Do you believe that vitamins can help give your body the nutrition you lack from not eating the right healthy foods?"

I voted yes, but I just wanted to say that I have to take vitamins each day because I know I don't always eat the right foods each day and I know that all of the foods that I do eat each day don't have enough vitamins and minerals in them.

19. star0525

star0525 New Member

A point to note: some of the ingredients found in dietary supplements may have been added to other food like your cereals and beverages. At times you may be getting more than you know. This could increase your risk of side effects. Take vitamin A for example, too much can cause headaches and liver damage, and reduce bone strength. Excess iron on the other hand causes nausea and vomiting and may damage the liver and other organs.

20. ScottCofer

ScottCofer Member

I look at them more as a safety net. With the vitamin and mineral degradation of our soil, etc. it is increasingly difficult to get everything you need from your daily diet.