Do you trust the programs with fancy cars, houses, boats on the website?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by dmar01, Jun 6, 2008.

1. dmar01

dmar01 New Member

Have you notice all of this Websites with people taking their pic's with their new fancy car, and huge houses? I don't really know what to think, they can take that pic in somebody else car, house, boat, etc. The more fancy the page look for me, the less credibilty they have. I just want proof and facts, don't really interested of anything fancy on that page, just give me information and back it up! That's me though. Pretty pages and NO good and reliable content behind?
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Good point...I think a lot of those cars and house photos are actually stock photos - they basically are used to give you a vision of success - in other words, "if you buy my stupid ebook, you too will be rich like me" - although a lot of the people who own websites like that are probably poor and don't have a clue to make money online outside of selling their ebooks, not to say that there aren't some good ebooks out there. On that note, take a look at this:
  3. lalit7552

lalit7552 New Member

Well now a days that is really stupidity and I do not think that its works now ... gone those days
  4. dmar01

dmar01 New Member

That was incredible!! It cracks me up!!! [​IMG]
  5. dmar01

dmar01 New Member

Unfortunately there's some people out there that thinks that if the guy have a new Ferrari they will too, and go for it without READING and they flunk BIG!
  6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

dmar01: Unfortunately there's some people out there that thinks that if the guy have a new Ferrari they will too, and go for it without READING and they flunk BIG!

...and because there are so many of those people - there will continue to be ads like that - lol[​IMG]
  7. BillChechel

BillChechel New Member

The ads with the boats,cars, and fancy houses continue to work and they bring more than just "stupid" people to the table.

People are visual by nature, they are drawn more to visual stimulus than print. Thats why banners generally get more "clicks" than print ads for the same product.

So I think that the cars and fancy pics are just an attention getter. Once you get the attention of the person you need to have substance to back it up.

I guess what it comes down to is the type of product or opportunity you market. From my experience with my business, the cars and things work well with our landing pages.
  8. million2

million2 New Member

Maybe those pictures work for some people, it is impressive as mentioned above these programs must have great offers and content. I do not know if there is any overnight get rich schemes,but money comes from dedication and hard work,especially if you want long term wealth.It takes time to develop trust with your customers.

CSGWAHM New Member

Bill....You brought up some good points.

I think the pictures of cars, houses and boats work when it's actually that person's. Then you know that they are probably doing well. For instance, there's a heavy hitter who takes you on a tour of his house, cars, etc. Shows you pictures of his family surrounded by fancy things. I don't necessarily think just pictures of fancy cars, houses and boats work if they look like pictures you've seen on other sites.

I just wanted my picture on my site along with my voice so people can see that I'm a real person. So far, it's working out very well.
  10. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

No, I don't usually trust the programs with fancy cars, houses, or boats on the website?

Unfortunately, it still works - especially on newcomers. I'm not too crazy about the psychology gimmicks involved in that sort of site - including the long-winded and annoying sales letter with stock wealth photos.

The implications are doubly dishonest. First, the implication is that the site owner actually owns the high price items. Sometimes true, but usually not true. The second implication is that if you buy the eBook or program, you'll quickly and easily rake in enough cash to own these items and live the implied lifestyle. Though it may happen on rare occasion, it's unusual.

In fact, the implication is that it is likely that you'll be able to live this lifestyle if you buy in. That is deceitful. Deceit is unethical. Therefore, this sort of approach is unethical.

In a way, it's better if you are given a video tour of the owner's possessions. Still, why would you have to flash wealth at all? That just smacks of desperation and pushiness. The content should be persuasive, sincere, and respectable. There should be no need for hype, pressure, or b.s. screenshots, etc.

I wish that marketers would think past money and effective tactics. Ethics above all else. When a program is worth it's salt, folks will sense this and there is no need to resort to lowly tactics.

While it may be effective, it's as lame as it is aggressive. It's usually a bad idea to trust aggressive sites. If an author can't present his/her information in a respectful manner, just hit the back button.

dmar01, Thanx for bringing up this topic. Some folks need to take Ethics 101. Enough of this "It's business!!!" The ends don't always justify the means - not if you wish to be honest and respectful.

I'm living proof that you can maintain good ethics while making a good living online yet I don't feel the need to "prove" it.

~Newbie Shield~
  11. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

Lol, after all these years I've developed a peculiar reflex that compels me to immediately close any 'make money' sales page containing images of:

1. Sports cars
    2. Mansions
    3. Dollar bills
    4. People lounging by the pool
    5. People laying on the couch with their laptop
    6. Paris Hilton
  12. sarahlorrain

sarahlorrain New Member

No, I don't trust them at all.
  13. 040107

040107 Member

Many sites use too much stock photos which give a "fake"
    impression. I illustrate the potential of success but it doesn't say
    much about prove much about the author's success.

On the other hand, site like Profit Lance also has pictures to show
    proof of success but these pictures are personal pictures not fake
    stock pictures.

Take a look at the website at...

Here Michael shows pictures of his before and after homes, his
    vacations, his kids, etc. It's very personal and it's not outrageous
    mansions or exotic sports car.

I think many people can relate to a family kinda guy that works
    hard to provide for his family and being able to work at home, be
    his own boss so he can spend time with his family and take them
    on nice vacations without worry about his income stream stopping.

This is why Profit Lance continues to be one of the most popular
    Internet marketing course that teaches people how to work from
    home and make money on the Internet.

I think people who are attracted to the fancy cars big mansions,
    yachts, hot girls, etc., are the one that end up the most
    disappointed because they buy the worst products and end up
    doing nothing.

On the other hand, people who buy Profit Lance are realistic about
    what they want and are more dedicated to learn and take the steps
    to get there.

Plus, people who buy Profit Lance ends up with a great Internet marketing course![​IMG]
  14. jschuman

jschuman New Member

I think those type of sales pages work and that is why you continue to see them. In my case that is not what motivates me, but I would not by-pass one just because they were on them.