Does anyone get results from posting ads on notice boards in shops and local area's?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Newoak, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Newoak

Newoak Member

I was thinking of putting up ads with my website address on there to get more free traffic and business from people in my city, Like There are notice boards all over the city waiting for me...

What you think?
    Good Idea?
    Also maybe getting cheap business cards from vistaprint to leave on train seats, in bars, on notice boards with my website on it of course?

All opinion welcome, maybe you have tried this before?

2. Dereco Cherry

Dereco Cherry Member

Can't hurt to do that but what about putting those same cards in a entrepreneur book at a book store. Then the person that opens that book would more than likely be interested in what you have to offer vs just leaving it in random places hoping someone finds it.

Newoak likes this.
  3. Newoak

Newoak Member

I like your thinking! Book store is a great idea, Fair play to ya.... thanks

YAGOOFT and Dereco Cherry like this.
  4. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Nothing wrong with a little old school advertising, and besides, it is FREE, can't beat FREE. Seriously, I have done well over the years posting on these bulletin boards, but it depends what you are selling obviously. There is no such thing as bad advertising, you never know what works, so try it all, I have.

Success to all,

Newoak likes this.
  5. BranTheMan

BranTheMan New Member

Yes, definitely. Just make sure that the boards you are posting the flyer's to in real life are all DoFollow boards and not NoFollow boards. Haha I joke. When I make a bad joke, it's usually time for another cup of coffee.

I do have experience with this, but have not done it in a very long time. I purchased an expired domain in the weight loss niche a few years ago when I was planning to try my luck making money with that... Due to pure laziness I purchased the domain and never got around to doing anything with it. About 10 months later, I was browsing ClickBank and seen a good weight loss product with an attractive page and good payout.

I redirected that old domain I purchased directly to my ClickBank affiliate link and created some fancy little flyer's for it. Went to the beach and taped them everywhere I possible could...Had it be any other niche, I probably would have also just directly handed them out to people, but that's a bit offensive with weight loss. Anyway, long story short... I made 2 sales about a week later totaling about $90. It was a fun little experiment that I'm happy to have tried, but probably wont do ever again.

Newoak likes this.
  6. Newoak

Newoak Member

Interesting story, but most of the boards Ill be posting to are Jobs boards, and I am offering work from home jobs so should work. And it will be only a joy as you had to try it.

7. Angela HuCoo

Angela HuCoo New Member

I think you should market your business doing several things including SEO because you want to leverage your efforts.

payment proof likes this.