Does anyone here work DR?????????

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by suni315, Nov 4, 2009.

1. suni315

suni315 New Member

I was just offered this line does anyone have advice?
  2. sparehair

sparehair New Member

Hey Suni I was offered this today as well. I don't know if I should take it or wait for something else. I want to hear if anyone ever worked it before also. I am hoping to get Shop NBC, or Toys R us,.

Can anyone shed some light on DR? plezzzz
    tks
  3. suni315

suni315 New Member

sparehair: Hey Suni I was offered this today as well. I don't know if I should take it or wait for something else. I want to hear if anyone ever worked it before also. I am hoping to get Shop NBC, or Toys R us,.

Can anyone shed some light on DR? plezzzz
    tks
    Spare,

I took it already. I understand it is taking order for all those infomercial products you see on tv and there are upsells and it is a sales line..!!
    The good part the line is 24/7 and you are required to work only 10 hours a week!! so I thought what the hay!! Go for it.
    I dont mind sales, I only minded selling to default CC custys. I wanted to wait for the 2 you mentioned but I saw invites to both went out a few weeks ago on another message board. The other board has alot of info about it and it sounds okay.
  4. sparehair

sparehair New Member

Hey Suni, Sounds great, I still have not excepted yet, really dont want any more upsales if possible. What other messasge boards are you talking about, please explain so I can check, do you mean on W*st. employee site?
  5. suni315

suni315 New Member

[​IMG] it is a site like this.... the initials are WPLH you can google and it should be the first link it is also about working at home and has a discussion board on WES* But you can also find info on the W*S* at home site by going to faqs under support and typing in DIREC* RESPON**
  6. sparehair

sparehair New Member

When do you start training, I have one more say to respond. How does it look so far. I want no stress, c*t* made me crazyyy!!!![​IMG]
  7. suni315

suni315 New Member

Ill tell ya it is sales no doubt, and everything is scripted and you are required to use rebuttals. The only difference I see is people are call you for info or to buy something so if they call to buy you read a script all way through that offer addition products if they get made you can skip it and there is no real AHT to worry about but it looks really easy. I have only trained 3 hours so far and they give you 30 hrs
  8. sparehair

sparehair New Member

HOW IS TRAINGING, I HAVE 4 HOURS IN SO FAR. IT LOOKS OK. i HEARD dr HAS BEEN HIRING A LOT, MY ONLINE EX C*T* NOW T*YS FRIEND SAID THAT TWO OF HER FRIENDS JUST GOT HIRED AT W*ST AND WAS GIVEN DR AS A SKILL ALSO.
    [​IMG]
  9. suni315

suni315 New Member

So You went ahead and took the skill. Great I dont feel so alone. I havent had the chance to do anymore training since my last post but I intend to get it completed by weeks end. My little side business has kept me busy this week. Did you get a chance to get to the other board They started a new (The experience dr people) thread for all us DR newbies. Lots of great info and it is full of updates everyday this board sometimes has no activity and no answers to ?s for days.

The only thing I think I dislike so far about this skill is your phone actually rings. But its money coming in thats all I care about!!

Good luck spare Keep me posted!
  10. JEMG

JEMG New Member

I just finished my training on DR. I have to get another headset so I can start. I am so happy they gave me another opportunity. I started out training for the Direct TV skill but I never completed the training because I got ill and did not finish in the allotted time.
  11. mphschic03

mphschic03 New Member

I just started the DR training also, Only have completed 2 hours so far. I hope to get some more training opportunities. I failed the HSN months ago, and I really wanted that one! I know now to pay more attention to the training.
  12. ChristinaF

ChristinaF New Member

I am getting ready to start training for DR. Do you need your headset for the training? Also does anyone have any advice on cheap business phones and headsets? Thank you.
  13. ChristinaF

ChristinaF New Member

Also I wondered if people working for DR are satisfied with the pay? I am still am not sure how much I will be making. I am having trouble downloading the wizard.
  14. suni315

suni315 New Member

I am currently working DR. I have seen post from other agents who have been w/ this line a long time most say they never make more than the states minimum wage. But if you take into account you dont have to put gas in the car, buy any uniforms or suits, Never have to buy out lunch and can sit in your PJs all day... I consider it more like 10.00 an hour. But they say you can make more with some of the commisioned products. But I have no idea which ones those are! They also run contest all the time for different products we sell and cash prizes to agents who can convert into sales or other ways to make more!! Hope this helps
  15. suni315

suni315 New Member

No headset required for training. I get my headsets at Target for 14.99 I always have a backup Just in case. I didnt buy any special phone I use my cordless and plug the headset into it. I've been working w/ WES* over a year and never had any problems doing it that way
  16. CarolinaGuy1979

CarolinaGuy1979 New Member

Do you have to use a headset I will be working GE but my cordless phone doesnt even have a headset jack.
  17. suni315

suni315 New Member

You are suppose but if you feel comfy using a handheld and typing at the same time I suppose you can!! I bought my cordless at walmart uniden for 29.99 came with 2 hand sets one for back up in case the other one dies on a long shift and both have headset jacks
  18. ChristinaF

ChristinaF New Member

Thank you for the answers. Also I wondered if eventually I could work something other than DR just in case I am not happy with my pay rate at DR. I always hear people talking about working for shopNBC and the like. Thank you, let me know.
  19. CarolinaGuy1979

CarolinaGuy1979 New Member

My friend works for ShopNBC and she likes it but she says you can never get enough hours.
  20. New2WAH

New2WAH New Member

HI - I just completed the hire process for West. Started online application on 11/21 - completed the set of pre hire type testing or training successfully, got daily updates and filled out hire forms and sent I-9 docs. today my status is hired. I am awaithing the "welcome email" in 48-72 hrs and its Friday. I guess the drug testing is next? Have not read anyone acutally went thru a Drug test - but the site Q&A's tell you that should preceed the training.

Glad to know upfront about the DR pros and cons...lol - I was hoping for HSN (which my family calls me an HSN addict and that is how I found West in the first place) I will do the upsells with a smile - but of course prefer not too. I am supplementing my FT income and need 24/7 type hours....

I am glad to have found this forum for some additional research prior to seeing what skill they have to offer. Looks like DR or cell phones? Any other recent applicants from this week?

Do they send you on the drug test?
    What else is a 24/7 skill?
    What else is offered for evenings or weekend hours?

Any help is much appreciated!