Does anyone really make any money ?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Buddy, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Buddy New Member

I am going into my 3rd or 4th week of this forum, and I have learned a lot from the members here. I have signed up for a MLM , Ximo because I think the product is worth what they are selling it for. The business aspect, I'll find out about sooner or later.
    What I want to know is anyone making any money doing any of these programs. I am not going to bug my friends and family with any opportunity until i am successful at it for a while. That means getting leads from online and converting them into paying customers and distributors. There is so much stuff out there, so many things that "guarantee" success if you just send your money in. I sometimes wonder if their system was that successful, why would they need to sell it. Use it and get rich. Does voice broadcasting work, does article writing work, should I buy leads, should I pay someone to do a SEO on my web site? I have some money to invest into to this, but It's going to take more than a 10 min video to get me to send it in. I think if you are earning $1,000/month in your spare time, that's good. If you are earning $4,000/month full time that's good. I don't think you have to get rich to be successful, but you should be making more than your auto ship.
  2. talfighel Silver Member

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest that you buy and read the book:

"How I Made My First Million on the Internet And
    How You Can Too!

The author is Ewen Chia.

Ewen Chia is LEGENDARY.

You can get his book at Amazon.com

This is a book that you should read and this will open so many doors for you.

Tal
  3. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Buddy: I sometimes wonder if their system was that successful, why would they need to sell it.
    lol - the reason they do this is because they are entrepreneurs and because it is something that sells...tons of people are looking for that 'silver bullet' to success.

I don't like all the hype either.... the honest truth is that it takes time to make money on the internet, regardless if it is mlm or affiliate marketing.

I think it would benefit you more on the long run to learn yourself, on optimizing your website for seo... as once you have a handle on it, there is no end to what you can do with it.

I have not used voice broadcasting as I despise getting those automated messages on my phone...I take that back, a few years ago I DID sign up for an autodialer, until I realized what all it did and that it worked best with old leads, I quit. lol

Heck, I haven't signed up for anything 'work at home' for over 4 years and I STILL get automated messages....[IMG]

But I HAVE used article marketing and still do. It works for me.

Bottom line is I would NOT send anyone my money to help with seo on my website unless I could speak with them personally and would know exactly what my money was paying for, and even then I would do some research!
  4. CJConsulting New Member

Dennis,

Buying leads is not a bad way to go, but it's nearly impossible to find a lead company with leads that are not re-sold to 100 other people, some of them in your own company.

Writing articles is not horrible, but you need to know what directories to submit articles to and how to link them so that people find you in multiple ways.

Voicemail broadcasting is mostly illegal unless you are doing true business to business sales. Using a hyperdialer, however, can help a lot if you just need to be on the phone prospecting all the time. A hyperdialer will dial numbers for you while you sit and wait for a live answer. You can choose to leave voicemail or choose not to. I like hyperdialers because they keep me focused without making me have to dial each number individually.

SEO is important. There aae people who say that it is not. They are lying; however, SEO is not a big, bad monster, and it is not difficult to find out what your keywords should be, how you need to structure your site, and what is needed to improve your rankings with the search engines. It takes work, but it's not the nightmare of work that some may lead you to believe it is. Many people try to frighten others from doing their own SEO work because they KNOW how valuable it is and the effort it takes to research and be accurate. They want to earn income for doing your SEO work because they know you are afraid to do it yourself and possibly mess up.

But you don't have to mess up at all. I promise, it's not hard to learn how to generate traffic (organic and NOT paid) to your site. Do it right the first time and you can become the authority in the niche or microniche of your choosing.

To add to books to buy, check out The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferris. Great ideas and great tools to help you grow your business and live life on your terms. I am not an affiliate. It has changed my entire life and perspective. Seriously. The principles are solid. Just find what works for you.

Finally, I am not with Ximo. I am with Melaleuca. My income (without bonuses, leadership points that I will soon qualify for, and organizational retention money) is just under $1K a month. I am in my 4th month...about to hit Director 2.

Working from home absolutely works...but you need to know what to do and you need to know WHY you are doing it. I know what to do to get customers. I know why I am building a customer-based business - to give my Army husband the option to retire with the military or get out a little early and go to seminary for ministry. He has sacrificed so much for us and for our country. It's time he had choices in his life. I love him. *blush*

Good luck as you grow!! I can't wait to read more responses!

cj

I hope more people chime in.
  5. CJConsulting New Member

mountainmom5: I think it would benefit you more on the long run to learn yourself, on optimizing your website for seo... as once you have a handle on it, there is no end to what you can do with it.
    AMEN!! Now that I have learned what SEO is, I can tell the real professionals from those just wanting a fast buck with no real ability to help me rank or get more traffic. I learned how to get it myself....and it does take time. I am 4 months into learning and JUST redesigned my site last week (changed directories and overhauled ALL of my keywords). It took work, no doubt...but I would not have paid anyone to do it...not now that I know what to do.

Great advice!

cj
  6. mountainmom5 Gold Member

You have a really nice website, Christi and no doubt part of your success is because people know you are a real person.[IMG]
  7. Buddy New Member

Thanks MM and CJ
    I have two web sites one for Ximo, that I cannot do much to, and one for my Sales Rep business. I have changed a few things on my Risner Enterprises site, but not seen a big increase in traffic. I may build a new site for my Ximo business, right now I'll have to stick with the one they gave me. It's a nice small site I can send people to, and they include a shopping cart with it so I have no ongoing cost with it. There are probably hundreds of sites out there just like it, so getting hits on it will be very hard. My rep site I am talking to a guy who worked on a site for a friend of mine. He is going to tell me what he thinks I should do, and what it will cost. When I know, I'll post it here and everyone can tell me if I am getting ripped or not. I don't mind going out and making sales calls, I've done that for 25 years, and kind of like it, but I need leads so I can make calls. My financial product is straight B2B, so I could use a robo caller, but I don't know if it would make the store owners mad. Having a robo caller call you while you are trying to work may tick some of them off.
    Thanks for all your input[IMG]
  8. mbasa Member

Stick to this forum and you will soon be a pro in internet marketing. I'm also new in internet marketing and this forum helps you to seperate the hype from real internet. In response to your question i can say that yes people in this forum have succesful internet businesses.
  9. FreeCashMan Active Member

Without questions a lot of money is being made on the internet from good people in various businesses. The bigger question I think you alluded to is why more aren't making money, and putting getting into the 'right' business aside, it comes down to people not truly willing to put in the work to effectively and consistently market their business.

I've had weeks where I've thought the leads and sign ups were going to stop and others where I'm wonder what happen, but consistency with effective marketing has not failed me in making good money online and consistently in 4 years.
  10. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

Buddy: What I want to know is anyone making any money doing any of these programs.
    Well, are you asking 'is anyone making money' - the title of this thread, or 'is anyone making money with THESE programs'?
    Good luck, if you are pushing a product based MLM, you're gonna NEED it!!

But with any business plan, you'll have to analyze your expenditure v. payoff.
    A lot of folx 'make money' online but upon further, qualifying examination you often find the expenditure of time, effort, and resource doesn't justify the results.

Buddy: I am not going to bug my friends and family with any opportunity until i am successful at it for a while.
    I'd keep friends and family OUT of any MLM business!

Buddy: I sometimes wonder if their system was that successful, why would they need to sell it. Use it and get rich.
    EGGZACKLY!
    Many, if not MOST 'gurus' are making money SELLING not USING a plan!
    And if they are REALLY making out on some 'secret glitch', why would they tell the world about THEIR money making 'secret'?

Of course, they are only going to sell 'X' amount of copies, to keep competition down!

LOL!!!

Buddy: Does voice broadcasting work, does article writing work, should I buy leads, should I pay someone to do a SEO on my web site?
    WORK works!
  11. Buddy New Member

TJ, thanks for the help. I understand what you mean about the product based MLM. They are all very difficult. But I have a bit of a problem convincing some one to sign up and send in money for some idea or concept that gets them nothing but the opportunity to convince someone else to sign up. That to me seems like a classic Ponzi scheme. Every one on top does good as long as new people are signing up. I understand that selling a consulting service is also a viable business, but most consultants are not consulting you to buy their products. So I guess I like to give the customer something tangible for their money. And hope that they like the product enough to want to do the same. If making money on the internet means I have to put up a revolving door and churn hapless suckers through my business, who think they are going to earn a million dollars next year, I guess I may have to look somewhere else. And what I have found it looks like a lot of that is going on. Btw, I am not talking about any opportunity specifically, but a lot of online scams generally.
  12. kowings New Member

Buddy

I agree with some of the others here, that it takes time for some of these things to take off. There's also a way to pay your bills in the meantime. If you can write, there are lots of places online (such as demand studios and bright hub) that will pay you up front for articles you write. I'm currently paying all of my bills through writing articles, while working on getting my blog up and running as well as other projects. You may want to check it out.
  13. laurajack1014 New Member

I have worked form home for the past seven years out of my office. I still struggle everyday but have my bills paid. My husband is disabled and I been able to afford Navigator, Mustang, Nice house in Savannah, ga area however it does take alot of time to weed out the scams. Keep at it and you will get it. I am inbetween gigs right now and back at the chopping block. I do have my own business that is fairly new to fall back on. Good luck everyone and keep pushing.
  14. RobWynkoop New Member

Work at home - it's exactly that ... work. Plenty of people are making money selling MLM products. Network marketing is about selling a quality product to others and selecting a few sales-savvy individuals to share it with others also.

Slice it, dice it, spin it any way you want, but the goal here is to put products in the hands of others. It's sales!