Does Goal Setting Really Work?

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by kingsway, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Keith Everett

Keith Everett New Member

One of the things I do every day is to have a clear plan for the day. I find this helps me to focus on attaining them. I apply the same strategy for mid to long term goals. Set the goal, set the plan in motion to attain that goal. goals are important if you want to get where you want to go, or you may just end up going round and round in circles..

2. Ash_ash

Ash_ash New Member

Indeed, it is necessary! Goal setting is where and how you could determine where you are leading to. It may be not easy at first but once you reap what you sow-- it will all be worth the hard work.

3. Aaleeyah

Aaleeyah New Member

Your goal helps you find your capability and it is always a vision that helps you achieve success.

4. OmarS.K

OmarS.K Member

Setting Goals can provide direction and even push you forward in the short-term, but eventually a well-designed system will always win. Having a system is what matters. Committing to the process is what makes the difference.

5. florbags

florbags Member

A key to be successful in life in general is to set goals. If you don't have any goal you will be confused and you will end up not accomplishing anything. :)

6. AnneSamantha

AnneSamantha New Member

Hi Kingsway
    Yes Goal setting works for me, with list to do. But at the same time I go with the flow and pretty much enjoy every moment, or what's the point of the Goal. Maybe you have to re-assess what is important to you, and change things a bit.
    Relax and use mind power, not stress. Choose something to promote you are passionate about, and enjoy sharing it. Have a look at some of the articles on my website.
    Try reading a favorite book of mine: "The power of your subconscious mind" by Joseph Murphy (was available on Amazon) Best wishes

payment proof likes this.
  7. Erica Martin

Erica Martin New Member

Yes, goal setting definitely works - I achieved a goal of publishing my first eBook by my 40th birthday earlier this year, last year I achieved a goal of getting down to a healthy weight, and I'm currently working on a goal of getting my second eBook published by 10/30/14 (when I'll be 40 1/2).

8. John_Moore

John_Moore Member

I certainly think it works for me, but it might be up to every person. It also depends ofc of what you do with that goal. For me, setting up goals is all about pushing myself in the right direction, and keeping a good eye on how effective I am

9. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

Goal setting is only half of the job, you have to work (hard) to achieve it. Goal setting is useless if all you do is daydreaming about it.

10. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

11. AnneSamantha

AnneSamantha New Member

Well I guess its all things in moderation, personally I love having goals, and working towards them - hopefully I don't take it over the top!!