Does Wealthy Affiliate Work?

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by getagrip, Jun 1, 2008.

1. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Since this is a brand new forum section about Wealthy Affiliate, I decided to start it off by answering one of the questions you see floating around the internet: does Wealthy Affiliate work? There are a lot of scams out there, and people want to know if Wealthy Affiliate is the real deal.

I have some dissapointing news for you if you are looking for a get rich quick scam:

Wealthy Affiliate is not a scam so that you can make a quick buck. In fact, I promise you that if you join Wealthy Affiliate, you will not get rich over night.

There's more dissapointing news if you are looking for "easy" money by joining Wealthy Affiliate:

Making money online takes time and effort. If you see a website advertising easy money, there is a good chance that they want to rip you off.

So does Wealthy Affiliate work?

Well...it really depends on how much time and effort you are willing to put into learning what you need to be successful, and implementing what you have learned at Wealthy Affiliate so that you can become successful.

There is no guarantee that you are going to be successful if you join Wealthy Affiliate. However, you wil find virtually everything you need to learn about making money online at Wealthy Affiliate, so whether or not Wealthy Affiliate "works" is dependent on what you do with it. If you are looking for easy money, Wealthy Affiliate is definately not for you, but if you are willing to work hard, Wealthy Affiliate can definately work for you if you play your cards right! [​IMG]

2. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Well said!
    Also, The Wealthy Affiliate Forum is a huge benefit.
    Some forums can be a little harsh, especially for beginners.

In the WA forum, this does not seem to be the case, even for the very basic, even repetitive questions.
    It is as friendly as this forum!

Whatever path a marketer chooses, yes there definately is a learning curve, and copywrite skills are a must .

Smile today!
    Victoria

3. Tantalus

Tantalus New Member

I'm going to try posing my question to WA again, as I still have not received an answer. I've gotten at least seven spammy emails from them, but none that have anything to do with my question. I would hope that someone other than their autoresponder will see my question at some point.

4. VictoriaNTC

Hi Tantalus,
    Would you like for me to find out for you?

I am happy to ask Kyle or Carson anything you need.
    Have a great evening!
    Victoria

5. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

I've heard nothing but good comments about W.A.

~Newbie Shield~

6. Matchbox

Matchbox New Member

I have read all 9 pages of the previous thread [​IMG] and now I have a question of my own.

Question is aimed towards W.A. current members:
    Answer IF you don't mind, I don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable...

How many hours would you say you spend using WA or information learned by WA that creates money?

I am kind of looking for this kind of thing:
    Hours spent a week:
    Average monthly $:
    Months or Years using W.A. :

Hard work is not a problem for me, nor is not making much money in the beginning. But I am curious to see how the progression of money is. Since I see getagrip mention many times throughout the forum:
    getagrip: If you are looking for easy money, Wealthy Affiliate is definitely not for you, but if you are willing to work hard, Wealthy Affiliate can definitely work for you if you play your cards right!

So I was curious to see if anyone here is making a decent amount since it seems quite a few of you have had the program for a good amount of time.

Also how do you get paid? Check? PayPal? ECT, and how often?

-Thank You-
    Alex

7. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Its hard to say how much time it will take, because that is dependent on so many factors.

For example, you might spend a few hours putting together a website, and then some time building a Squidoo lens or tweaking Adwords campaings to get traffic to your website. You might also spend time on researching a particular market, or you might spend time just browsing through the WA forum to gain new insights, or going over the learning materials.

The one drawback of affiliate marketing is that there is a lot of trial and error involved. You could spend 10 hours working on a project that yields zero results, but then spend five hours on a project that yeilds great results - but when you find something that works, you can build upon that, or duplicate a similar project in another niche area.

If I could give you a number to work with, I'd say expect to spend at least 5 to 10 hours a week between learning and implementing what you have learned. I think, however, that it is wise to try and get at least a part time "real" job, and you can do internet marketing on the side until you have built enough income up until you can eventually do it full time.

Anyway...I hope this helps!

8. Matchbox

Matchbox New Member

Well I view going to school right now as my "real" job, so I was thinking of learning the trade with WA so maybe by the time I graduate I will have hopefully learned enough to allow it to be at least some type of helpful income.

I do realize that a lot of it depends on how hard I work, how well I am able to adapt ECT, I was just seeing if anyone had some of their own rough numbers.

I would be more than willing to spend 10+ hours a week. Was just trying to find a part time job I could do (or learn to do) on my time over the internet. W.A. has really peeked my interests.

How exactly do you find companies that are willing to pay commissions (or are that part of one of the many tools W.A. provides for you)?

-Appreciate all of the help that I have received on the forms, could not have asked for faster responses!!!-

Thank You All
    Alex

9. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

There are some college students at Wealthy Affiliate who do quite well, but if you are looking for an extra income while you are still in college, I still think it might be best to find a part time job because affiliate marketing can be so tricky, while a part time job allows you to earn a "guaranteed" hourly wage.

However, if you have some free time to learn affiliate marketing and don't have any pressing financial needs at the moment, then by all means give it a shot! You might eventually find that being a full time internet marketer will pay A LOT more than what you would make in your career field when you graduate.

In fact, I know a guy at Wealthy Affiliate who was able to QUIT his $120,000 a year day job after his online earn ings hit $500 a day - that was a few months ago...he's probably earning even more now (look for Thadroe's post if you join Wealthy Affiliate - he's a great guy to work with and has an awesome perspective on things).

As far as finding affiliate products to promote, you can usually find them at affiliate networds like Clickbank and Commission Junction. Wealthy Affiliate's role is to help you to develop the marketing skills you need to be succesful online, and it also gives you some great tools to work with as well! [​IMG]

10. Matchbox

Matchbox New Member

He He, I do not expect to make $120,000 or more with this. Although it would be great and is something to aspire to, but I am currently viewing it as a possible profitable hobby. Still looking around but I have to say this seems to be my number one so far. I am going to sleep on it, and if in the morning I am still thinking this is a good idea... then I will sign up [​IMG] .

Every college kid has debt, mine is a bit less than most so I can afford to spend 40$ to at least get a better idea what it's all about.

11. VictoriaNTC

Hi Matchbox.,
    I have had 2 eBay stores since 2002, and wanted to not be dependant on eBay since the policies and fees are completely their decision.
    Last July, I purchased Google Cash ebook and Google Cash Detective software, which was full of bugs. The ebook, (I did not know at the time) was outdated.
    So, I began with Adwords and following the outdated advice over a few months was - $800.00.
    I was chasing my little tail.."You need a fancy keyword tool".."Spy Software", " Tracking Software" the list goes on just to stay ahead of the game..I really could not justify or afford spending $200.00 - $300.00 a month or whatever on marketing and reseasrch tools.
    So, because of the tools, and the forum I joined WA in November 2007, and made the $800.00 back within a few months using free advertising techniques I learned at WA..article writing /Bum Marketing.
    If you join , I always suggest members look up Travis in the forum and his Bum Marketing material, which is free. This helped me and many others so much.
    I have not made a fortune (yet) mainly because my spouse is very ill, so I am Mom, Dad, Student and still work the eBay stores.
    So, I cannot put as much time into it as I would like to lately.

You can progress at your own pace, and within a couple of weeks you probably will have a campaign or two in the works.

Whatever you do, have fun with it! And never give up!
    Victoria

12. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Matchbox: He He, I do not expect to make $120,000 or more with this. Although it would be great and is something to aspire to, but I am currently viewing it as a possible profitable hobby.

I think that's a good way to look at it - not that everyone should get into affiliate marketing as a "hobby", but it is something you can do on the side and "enjoy" doing as well...and its also great that you can make a profit with it.

Personally, I had my first $1,000 month in commissions this past January, and am starting to get close to the $2,000 mark, but am not quite there yet...Wealthy Affiliate isn't the only reason I've made it this far, but I certainly wouldn't be where I'm at today if it wasn't for Wealthy Affiliate, so I definately recommend it.

13. Matchbox

Matchbox New Member

I appologize ahead of time if this is the incorrect place to ask this question. However it does deal with W.A. so... hope someone can help.

This is concidered an income if i am not mistaken. (excuse my lack of tax vocabulary) So how do you write this into your taxes so the government doesnt come after me? Or do i not have to include this in my taxes?

(dont wanna make some money and down the road be in trouble for tax evasion or something [​IMG] [​IMG] )

14. Hemjoe

Hemjoe Member

hey matchbox,

I am still at school to [​IMG]

like you a year ago i decided to try my hand at making money online, back then i hadn't a clue, how it was done.

Since then i have learn't many valuable skills and got to know some very friendly people, some of which post here [​IMG]

Recently i have been busy with exams etc and my part time job so internet marketing has been put on hold. Thats the only problem i have i just cant find the time i want to spend on learning and implementing everything.

I have no experience with wealthy affiliate but have only heard good things and when things get back on track might try a months subscription myself.

Hope things work out well [​IMG]

15. Matchbox

Matchbox New Member

I just signed up for Wealthy Affiliate [​IMG]

I am that student that everyone hates, school comes pretty easy for me and don't really need a job to pay the bills. So I have a good amount of free time on my hands.... I also use to be a big gamer (and by use to I mean ended about 2 weeks ago) Which I'll admit, I was addicted (couldn't convince me at the time though!)

So now the time that I allotted for that is free! FREE AT LAST! So now I am taking that 8 week course (although I'm sure ill finish it within a week, or even just a few days!)

I am also just a freshman in college still, with health issues last semester I ended up withdrawing to get my money back for other bills, plus there was no way I would make the grade missing 2 weeks of school. So I have a good 4 years ahead of me to learn the ins and outs of the trade, hopefully to make some money along the way!

I plan on keeping everyone posted here, success or not! Mostly because I know not everyone has W.A. so maybe my newbie success story will help others. I will be successful, and that is what you need to keep telling yourself to do so.

-The New Marketer-

16. VictoriaNTC

Congratulations and welcome!
    Remember to check out the Wealthy Affiliate Forum and introduce yourself there.
    Have a great day, Victoria

17. VictoriaNTC

The big question...
    Hi everyone.
    Carson from Wealthy Affiliate University sent a PM to me this morning saying people can sign up at the $39.00 per month subscription and later change over to the annual membership of $359.88 (29.99 per month) at any time by contacting Kyle or Carson for instructions on how to make the change.
    This way, you can check out Wealthy Affiliate University without the annual committment.
    Once you sign up, you will never have a price increase.
    I hope this helps!
    Victoria

18. fatman

fatman New Member

Hello, I just found out about Wealthy Affiliate and it looks like it may be a nice way to make some extra money. I am a college student like Matchbox and think this may be nice. I know it will take some work and won't be easy money, especially since I haveno experience with anything like this. So...I know it will take time tomake profits, but how long do you think it will take just to make up the moneyfor joining? It seems as if all you pay is about $30 up front. Is this correct, and if so, how easy do you think it will be to earn that back? Thanks in advance for any advice.

19. 040107

040107 Member

NTC: The big question...
    Hi everyone.
    Carson from Wealthy Affiliate University sent a PM to me this morning saying people can sign up at the $39.00 per month subscription and later change over to the annual membership of $359.88 (29.99 per month) at any time by contacting Kyle or Carson for instructions on how to make the change.
    This way, you can check out Wealthy Affiliate University without the annual committment.
    Once you sign up, you will never have a price increase.
    I hope this helps!
    Victoria

Hey, that's very good news. [​IMG]

I was afraid of having to pay $39.99 forever...hehe.

20. VictoriaNTC

Hello Fatman,

Some members earn money within a couple of weeks.
    Others take longer. It just depepnds on how much you are willing to learn, what you put into it, like anything else.
    If you refer two people, your Wealthy Affiliate Membership is paid for.
    -The current price is $39.00 per month, as WA recently added more tools which makes our lives much easier!
    All of the tools you will ever need are included which saves hundreds per month, seriously.

-The annual membership is 359.88 which breaks down to 29.99 per month.

-You can try it for one month at 39.00 then change to an annual membership if you want to.

I have never heard of anyone being unhappy with WA.
    Please let us know if you have any questions.
    Have a great day!
    Victoria