Doing is achieving

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by larochelle, Mar 3, 2011.

1. larochelle New Member

Good morning fellow entrepeneurs [IMG]

I had a few thoughts that I wished to share, as I'm sure like me there are many out there wondering and thinking a lot about different ideas but not sure how to put there thoughts into action.

I was like this - for about seven years - yet all the time I knew that the possibility to make a business or just some extra money on the internet was a very big reality!!

I finally TOOK ACTION! and within a few weeks I had learnt not only how to build my own website, but I had a website up and running. WITH VISITORS TO MY WEBSITE TOO!

I am now working on a blog to tell the story of how its going for me. (I'll let you know when there is worthwhile content)

Anyway the point of this topic is DOING IS ACHIEVING and I wanted to share that with maybe others out there who are mulling over different ideas but not moving forward.

Understanding the web is a good place to start or quite simply take one of the ideas and run with it. Thats what I did and the feeling of satisfaction is incredible.

Have a great day

Best Wishes

Jason Berridge
  2. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

Cheers [IMG]

I would say "Doing is Everything". It's only when you stop doing and start worrying about the results that your productivity gets hit. One of the highly revered Hindu scripture, Bhagavad Gita, says " Just focus on the doing and forget about the results. Doing is the only thing that we have full control over. We have absolutely no control over the results of our actions".
  3. Rach72 New Member

"Doing is the only thing that we have full control over. We have absolutely no control over the results of our actions"

Absolutely!

Worried about making a mistake?
    How will you learn from it?

Too much to do?
    Break it into bite sized pieces - By just doing ONE thing towards your business you are one more step towards your goals.

Don't have the time or energy?
    Do you want to make a change or not?

[IMG]
  4. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

Rach72: Don't have the time or energy?
    Energy and time is wasted in thinking, not in the doing. Seriously, just try doing things for a day without thinking about the outcome and you see how much energy will be left in you at the end of the day. The more you focus on the doing and not in thinking about the results, the more energy you'll have.
  5. mbasa Member

your post comes as affirmation for me. i've realised recently that the only thing standing between me and success is not taking action. internet marketing is really about taking action towards driving traffic and without that realisation, there can be no success in this business. Very motivating post!
  6. A8ch Gold Member

Great post! Taking action is the critical ingredient that moves an idea or desire from the invisible state to the physical state. Of course, it helps if those actions are carefully considered and directed, so that there is a greater chance for success.

Otherwise, misdirected action will eventually frustrate you, deflate your enthusiasm and leave you no closer to your goal than when you started.

But even that experience can serve as a useful lesson, if only as a clue that you're doing things all wrong and should revise your plan of action to change the outcome.

Vishal P. Rao: Energy and time is wasted in thinking, not in the doing.
    Seems paradoxical at first glance, but makes quite a bit of sense when you think about it. [IMG]

Hermas
  7. talfighel Silver Member

Taking action is very important when it comes to making money online. Sometimes when you take action you may not see the results right away but if you keep on going, good things will happen.

Vishal P. Rao: Bhagavad Gita, says " Just focus on the doing and forget about the results. Doing is the only thing that we have full control over. We have absolutely no control over the results of our actions".
    That is a good quote.
  8. FreeCashMan Active Member

The speech by A.L. Williams known as "Do It" said it eloquently as well.

The challenges will be there, but very often opportunity will not be, especially as time passes by.
  9. abdncwithlj New Member

Vishal P. Rao

It seems so simple. Why do so many people get caught up by this one little step? The shortcomings of people (myself included) are curious to me.

L
  10. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

abdncwithlj: It seems so simple. Why do so many people get caught up by this one little step? The shortcomings of people (myself included) are curious to me.
    Because its the very nature of the human mind - to go for the results instead of the doing, unless of course you train it or are born with a strong spiritual instinct.
  11. TFranklin New Member

This thread brings to mind so many quotes, I can't help myself:

"The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything" - Theodore Roosevelt

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" - Thomas Edison

And my favorite:

"Never be afraid to try, remember...amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic." -Author unknown

Just remember, the biggest obstacle we face is ourselves. Don't get caught up in the net of indecision, YOU'LL NEVER GET OUT!!!

Great topic!
  12. katereber New Member

TFranklin: Just remember, the biggest obstacle we face is ourselves. Don't get caught up in the net of indecision, YOU'LL NEVER GET OUT!!!

Hello there,
    I like your post.. Yeah you're right, we are the one who make the big mistake for ourself.
    So we are also the one who will face it.

Great Idea.
  13. simpleflair New Member

taking action is the only way to get closer to the end goal. Just remember to "take one step at a time" (my favorite quote) to avoid getting overwhelmed.
  14. AvonKarly New Member

My motto Make a plan, work the plan, the plan will work for you. Works everytime.
  15. aniket New Member

Vishal P. Rao: Energy and time is wasted in thinking, not in the doing. Seriously, just try doing things for a day without thinking about the outcome and you see how much energy will be left in you at the end of the day. The more you focus on the doing and not in thinking about the results, the more energy you'll have.
    Outstanding comment!!! This is what happens with me :p.. I am most of the time thinking about results rather than action.Trying to change it..

I guess I mentioned this somewhere else in this forum...
    "What next step will you take if you dont think its impossible"
    Its the thought of failure and thought of not having resources such as money and time that stops people from taking action...

I would again say "What if money and time are not problem...there must be at least a single small step that u can still take"..

and these steps will eventually turn out into giant strides!!!!

To your success
    Kind Regards
    Aniket Srivastava
  16. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

Just remember the Nike tag line - Just Do It!
  17. Naomi New Member

Hello Everyone,

I agree that doing is highly important to move forward in your goals.

And..

I also believe that we must always remember that we are human BEINGS. So sometimes, just 'Be' in order to 'DO' what you love.

It gets you there much quicker and your awareness of your arrival is heightened. [IMG]

In abundance to all,

Naomi
  18. srijshm New Member

larochelle

Your post reminds me of my favorite marketing phrase:

" The harder I worked , the luckier I got".

Success is any filed is not Knowledge but how one applies the knowledge.

Thanks for the timely reminder. We need a kick from time to time.
  19. Just2EZ Moderator

Don't Consider it
    ...Get It Done!

My bumper sticker slogan (available on CafePress ?©jfox)
  20. Nick Lawless New Member

Hi,

I agree - doing is Acheiving. But you also need to be doing the right things and doing them consistently.

It is SOOOO easy to be distracted by the thing that says "make money with mobiles", "make money with this push button software" or "make money selling my new product".

Jason did you have someone else you when you started? Did they tell you what you need to do?

Because for me I spent a year not doing much because I didn't know what to do or where to start. I got myself a mentor and things are coming together but it doesn't happen overnight... Which is why I say consistently. You have to keep taking action.

Nick