Don't forget to remember September 11

Discussion in 'Casual Chat' started by JennyO, Sep 11, 2008.

1. JennyO

JennyO New Member

Hello all,

I just wanted to post a little reminder for us all to take a moment and remember those who gave their lives seven years ago. Weather or not you agree with our current situation or what choices have been made, I think we can all agree that Sep. 11, 2001 was a sad day for America.

I remember I was 17 years old and I was driving to my job as a courtesy clerk (bagger) at the local grocery store when it came on the radio. That day I think we had a total of 30 customers. Where were you?

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks for the reminder JennyO - we actually lived in upstate New York at the time that happened and I remember thinking it would feel a whole lot safer in Montana!

(we are back in Montana now - our kids having grown up in the wild wooly west, they survived about 6 months of NY and were ready to come back...[​IMG])

3. sahota7

sahota7 New Member

Im from the UK so nowhere nearby but it was definately a massive impact globally too. Schools and work offices were in standstill and shock. I was only 13 !

Rest in peace to all who lost there lives on Sept 11.

4. cupbucket

cupbucket New Member

I remember walking into my living room and seeing on the news. I have never been enthralled by the news before but that day I was.

I hope you all know or have at least researched who is actually behind that. It wasn't some guy in a cave!