DON'T GET BURNED!! GET SMART!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by BERMUDA SHORTS, Jun 9, 2008.

1. BERMUDA SHORTS

BERMUDA SHORTS New Member

Most people offering some program to 'Make more Money' or to "Get Rich", are in fact making their income from you, by selling you the program!!

Most of these 'Work at Home' and MLM programs are basically a Scam! DO NOT send someone money, to "BUY" a program!! There is really only one way to make money....and that is the "Old Fashioned" way....Work for it!

Unless of course, you have created a new and unique product, or found a "Niche" in the marketplace for your product or service!! I HOPE this helps people! I'm sorry to say that the old Cliche.....a fool and his money are easily parted is still very true, and....There is a SUCKER born every minute!!

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

BERMUDA SHORTS: Most of these 'Work at Home' and MLM programs are basically a Scam! DO NOT send someone money, to "BUY" a program!! There is really only one way to make money....and that is the "Old Fashioned" way....Work for it!

Looks like someone has been burnt a few times.[​IMG]

I have bought a few programs myself and learned a lot from them so I have to disagree with you on this one - A home based business owner is no different than an offline business owner in the fact that there is always risk involved in building their business.

But then you may be trying to find an online 'job' and in that case you will look a long time and get quite frustrated, I'm afraid!

3. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi BERMUDA SHORTS,

I agree that most of the MLMs and MakeMoneyOnline programs are indeed scams. The founders do in fact make their money by convincing you to buy their programs. Very sorry if you've been burned.

However, there are some good programs out there that are well worth the investment if you'd like to give them a try. Popular programs on this forum are Profit Lance, SBI, Wealthy Affiliate, and Honest Riches. They are all good programs.

If you purchase one of these programs, read some books, check out this forum, read some free sites (all of which take a good six months or more), you should be primed to experiment.

After that time, I suggest you start tweaking around with some free sites (or SBI if you go that route). That way you'll learn a lot about what works and what doesn't work. Furthermore, your mistakes won't be as costly as if you go straight to a self-hosted site.

If you are somewhat successful with the free sites (web 2.0 mostly), you can then try your luck with paid hosting. You can place affiliate links and Adsense on your self-hosted site while sharing your expertise with your visitors.

If you know your topic well and you offer valuable content and resources, your visitors will sense this and will probably eventually do business with you. The word will spread and others will come to see what you have to offer.

Try not to write off making money online until you have given it a fair chance. Many of us have had significant success. It won't happen as quickly as the fake gurus would have you believe. It also takes more research and work than they would ever admit.

Good luck and hang in there,

~Newbie Shield~