Dont Give up

Discussion in 'My Powermall' started by cuddlescanada, Nov 27, 2007.

1. cuddlescanada

cuddlescanada New Member

Hi Alexant,
    I know it can be a little frustrating not to see any or many sign ups, after you have worked so hard on from what I see in your post. But stick in there your efforts will pay off. I was in the same situation so I started to try a few other ways, sign up for a few traffic sites and so far they are paying off a few sign ups, one especialy which I can send you a link to just PM me. But I can see that MPM will explode, we now have just over 80,000 members not and growing every day so hang in there. This is a great forum on big happy MPM family here to help each other.

2. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

Hey great to see we have our own folder now!
    Thanks Vishal [​IMG]

Yes don't give up,we all have dry spells and things seem slow.
    The key is keeping at it and not giving up.
    If one method of advertising doesn't seem to be working after a good try with it-move on try something else.
    Also vary your methods,free classifieds,flyers,e-cards,blogs etc.
    I am in a discussion at another forum where some of the members are up in arms about the update yesterday from Ginny.
    They areunder the impression taht this will be the only way for members to receive their payments?
    Is this correct?
    But surely debit cards are optional and what if those members don't want to use the debit card side of things(beats me why they wouldn't)is there another payment method to stay?
    They seem to be confused by the fact that Ginny wrote she can't wait to pay by debit card as opposed to checks/paypal.
    I have tried searching for more info in back office but cant find anything.
    Do you guys know anything that I can report back and calm some of them down?
    I personally cannot wait for the debit cards to launch!!

3. alexant

alexant New Member

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

I like the program, so I will be putting forth a good effort, but at some point, if there is no return on investment, you have to put it on a self. This is not my first rodeo. I am working various methods to recruit. I've done the gambit, but I do realize there is always something more that can be tried. Online, I've used auto-traffic, blog posts (across several sites), classifieds (including craigslist), ffa pages, news groups, email campaigns, banner exchanges, google ads, and more. Offline, I did a newspaper classified ad over the weekend in a large area newspaper (I'm in the Philly area), and I'm waiting for my business cards from the printer that should be here this week. Of the 8 people who signed up under me since joining, each one was a person that I have direct contact with, which means all the advertising brought zero return.

4. cuddlescanada

cuddlescanada New Member

Quoting: cybermommyI am in a discussion at another forum where some of the members are up in arms about the update yesterday from Ginny.
    They areunder the impression taht this will be the only way for members to receive their payments?
    Hi Cybermommy,
    I understand that they may be a little upset, I have gone back and looked at other updates on the debit card, from what I can see the debit card is optional, I think what Ginny is hopeing and looking ahead that all members will final have the debit card so it will be easier for them to pay direct to the card. I am going to send Ginny an email to see if she can clarify this point. As you could interprit it a few ways. Will keep every one updated on her reply.

5. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

Thanks [​IMG]I was reading a heated discussion in MPM forum this morning and Brad Gerver(our new marketing guy!)has said to keep our eyes peeled for Ginnys updates coming up as all will be explained ,there is more to it than what some people are talking about.
    I cant wait foir the debit cards~from what I heard in mondays call,there will be 3 aspects to the debit cards and so this is what I think we are waiting to hear.
    Good stuff!

6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Yes, good call Vishal. I would say that there is a demand for an MPM folder (I call it a room, hee).

I bet a squidoo folder would see a lot of action!

:D

Hi CyberMommy - How are things in the big "I"?

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield

7. cuddlescanada

cuddlescanada New Member

Quoting: cybermommythere is more to it than what some people are talking about.
    Hi cybermommy,
    I think you are right, I think realy Ginny was a little short in any information so many have come to there own conclusion. There is a lot more to the debit card that we have been told.

8. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

Quoting: Newbie ShieldHi CyberMommy - How are things in the big "I"?

Hi Newbieshield [​IMG]
    Things are great over here in Europe [​IMG]
    I may be going back to the UK in Feburary,nothing concrete yet,but hubby goes where the work is .
    It would help with my MPM ,the Brits are big spenders,tell them you are saving them money and they earn some,well they will lap it up lol
    I am also trying to convert the Italians,some look at me like I am crazy though!
    I think it could take off here though,the Italians are huge US culture fans!

9. LIMELIGHT 4 Me

LIMELIGHT 4 Me New Member

WOW! I love the room.....do you think we need to paint the walls a different color. [​IMG]

Glad we're here....we could be doing something else.

A lot of the ideas are great ....an individual being successful using one may not be so great on another. I'm starting out meeting with board members, organization advisors, teachers, PTO members, etc and getting a feel for their organization and discussing face to face with them about their fundraising.

As previously mention, a lot of the members that joined were from direct contact. Why not do the samething with these advisors/board members. Get them excited, interested and on board then allow them to spin off and put their own org. under there mall.

I believe I've been with MPM for 2 weeks today and have 7 members (only 3 frontline), but I'm in a small town and slowly meeting with different org. individuals.

10. alexant

alexant New Member

Quoting: papierreIf you have over 80.000 members, why you only have 29 post?
    You sound like someone I need to hang with. Thank for sharing!
    I think she was talking about the 80,000 memeber that MPM has overall.[​IMG]

11. alexant

alexant New Member

Quoting: LIMELIGHT 4 MeI believe I've been with MPM for 2 weeks today and have 7 members (only 3 frontline), but I'm in a small town and slowly meeting with different org. individuals.
    I'm doing about that well. I have a total of 9 members, with 8 on my front line, and I've been with MPM just short of two weeks. Tylical online marketing does not seem to be working, but direct person-to-person is. I just got my business cards for this program in and will be getting them out there starting today.

12. moneyforgreene

moneyforgreene New Member

Alexant - 2 weeks and 9 members! You're way ahead of me. I've been doing this for about 3 months now and have about the same number under me, but half are personal malls and only 4 are business malls, and only one of the business malls is doing anything. However, I had wanted to pop on today to say that I've been on vacation for over a week with no computer access and when I checked in, I see that the team under me grew while I was away! It's so cool to see all the new people. So even though I didn't get anyone new on my front line there are people under the one active business mall, and that's cool. It inspires me to get back to action and find more ways to share. I see the potential. I wish people weren't so hesitant to join and that they would shop and that they would see the potential and give away malls. But I know one person below me gave up when no one below her signed up right away. What can I say... Anyway, good luck and let's keep plugging along.

Also, way cool that we have our own folder now!!! Woohoo!

13. alexant

alexant New Member

Of my 9, 7 are business mall.

14. LIMELIGHT 4 Me

LIMELIGHT 4 Me New Member

8 Total - 4 Frontline (1 is personal)

15. cuddlescanada

cuddlescanada New Member

Quoting: papierreHello cuddlescanada,
    If you have over 80.000 members, why you only have 29 post?
    You sound like someone I need to hang with. Thank for sharing!
    Hi Papierre,
    Alexant got it right 80,000 in the MPM team, not me personaly, although I wish, may be one day I will have that amount. The way MPM is going I may have that in my team one day.
    Quoting: alexantI think she was talking about the 80,000 memeber that MPM has overall.
    Just to let every one know Cuddlescanada is male..lol..

16. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

Lol I wish for 80,000 members in the future as well [​IMG]
    Limelight had it right,if you are having a certain amount of success with offline marketing as opposed to online,then expand on that.
    Talk to more and more people,you will get "no thanks" a bit,but you will also find people that haven't heard of us and are intrigued.

Loving this folder~there is a good vibe here [​IMG]

17. alexant

alexant New Member

Quoting: cuddlescanadaJust to let every one know Cuddlescanada is male..lol..
    Sorry. [​IMG]

Quoting: cybermommyLoving this folder~there is a good vibe here
    I think it is the "type" of person that is attracted by My Power Mall.

18. kalien

kalien New Member

Wow, I step away from this forum for a few days & look what happens!!! This is a wonderful & much- awaited room / folder / thread!

I have been with MPM just a bit over 6 weeks and my frontline has seen expansion results from many different fronts. To be honest, the most difficult turnover rate had been from my warm market. So I stepped away from badgering friends & family - then they started to see the success I was having, and now they all want to get in now & do their holiday shopping at their own Malls!

As for the debit card issue, I do have to concur with all of you here that believe it is merely an option for payment. Ginny & Corporate have been trying for quite sometime to put the DC into action, so they are simply expressing their enthusiasm. I know that it will help many members out tremendously - especially the college students that don't have credit cards to make their online purchases with.

To any of you that are still discouraged, just keep in mind that you only need to do three things to attain MPM success:

1. Shop at your Mall;
    2. Give the gift of Free Malls to everyone you can; and
    3. Continue to encourage and assist your frontlines to do the same

Good Luck to all of Us!!

Kalien

19. ka7952

ka7952 New Member

I have been working on my frontline for the past 2 months and did not see any sign of life from my downline for a while. All of a sudden, a member in my donwline decided to get serious and he had almost 20 malls in this downline in 2-3 days.

This is very encouraging for me and keeps me working on building up my team more.
    [​IMG]

20. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Quoting: ka7952I have been working on my frontline for the past 2 months and did not see any sign of life from my downline for a while. All of a sudden, a member in my donwline decided to get serious and he had almost 20 malls in this downline in 2-3 days.

This is very encouraging for me and keeps me working on building up my team more.

Hey, good for you ka! It can happen that way. All you need it one, two, or three folks in your downline and POW!

I have three active recruiters in my downline and I have over $2,500 DL spending in the last two months. It gets bigger every month. I have around 60 folks in my downline. What will happen when there are over 100...over 1,000? [​IMG]

Hi CyberMommy, what part of the big I are you in? Do you miss UK or is it fun to check out a new culture?

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield