Don't lose sight of the goal

Discussion in 'Stress Management' started by pjworker, May 19, 2008.

1. pjworker

pjworker New Member

I find I feel a lot less stress when I take a few minutes each day to focus on my goals. Especially when tackling the harder or more boring tasks that still need to be done, I can do these types of chores much easier when I contemplate what the task will do towards helping me reach my personal goals.

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Good for you, Brandy!

Focusing on your goals on a daily basis is an excellent habit to develop, for several reasons. In addition to making it easier to tackle those boring tasks, as you pointed out, it keeps you motivated and on track.

The practise also develops a necessary ingredient for success, and that's discipline. The lack of discipline is perhaps the biggest reason so many people don't succeed.

Furthermore, the ACT of regularly focusing, visualizing or meditating on your goals, engages very powerful Universal forces which play a significant and practical role in delivering your goals to you.

So... keep it up!

Hermas

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

pjworker: I find I feel a lot less stress when I take a few minutes each day to focus on my goals. Especially when tackling the harder or more boring tasks that still need to be done, I can do these types of chores much easier when I contemplate what the task will do towards helping me reach my personal goals.
    When a lot of work has to be completed, it can be very stressful

4. lethalboom

lethalboom New Member

thanks for sharing your story with us [​IMG]
    im glad that you have found a method, certainly life is better without stress [​IMG]

5. KellT

KellT New Member

I also work better with goal as well. I find setting goals is great for focus and motivation. But the thing that really makes it work for me is building a clear path with short-term goals that take me step-by-step towards my long-term goal. I find that by having goals that I am working on today can help me to manage the distractions that take me away from what I are trying to achieve.
    All the best
    Kell

6. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

I think the title says it all. You should be focused on your goal and not letting it go. This is the only thing that can gve you motivation to succeed.

7. writerros

writerros New Member

I agree. Focusing on your goals is motivating and helps us see the big picture. When we forget to do this we tend to get distracted by the detail and tied up in the minor little things that are not really important.

Ros

8. chewyojn

chewyojn New Member

I reward myself after a hard day of work. Or I get out of the house and come back to it later in the day or night feeling better.

9. elle14

elle14 New Member

Yeah your right we must bear this in our mind [​IMG] Sometimes we might bored but we really need to work hard for us to succeed. [​IMG]

10. lmiller14

lmiller14 New Member

I agree!
    Whenever I'm down I focus on why I am doing this in the first place. It brings back my motivation to get things going again!