Driving Traffic

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by kenwrites, Jul 4, 2010.

1. kenwrites New Member

Hey there all, not really new here but haven't been here in awhile. Lost my original user name..lol

Anyway, I see across many forums about how people are writing hundreds of articles, submitting them to hundreds of sites and not getting the traffic or the click-thru they believe they should have. Here is a formula I have used for many sites for people and it works:

Step One:

Write original articles using buying keywords. No spun content. No PLR. Write original articles around the buying keywords for your niche. if your keywords are "ways to lose weight" find the buying keyword like "lose 10lbs in two weeks" You don't need people who are in the researching stage of their buying decision. You want people that are ready to give out their credit card number and purchase your product.

Step Two:

Put the article on YOUR site first. Wait for the article to get indexed.

Step Three

When the article is indexed, go over to ezine articles and submit the article there, linking it back to your site. Do not link it back to the same article. Link it to your home page or another article within your site. Create a resource box with a solid call to action.
    Allow time for approval.

Step Four

Change the title of the article and add a few sentences to the first paragraph. if you want to change it some more, that's ok too. Submit the article to GoArticles and Article Base. Again link the article back to your site.

I do this for people everyday and it works. The traffic that my clients get are more targeted and more apt to click on their links because they are ready to buy.

The key is to build the article around buying keywords, submit to your site first, and submit to the big three article sites. Try it. You will be pleased with the results.
  2. FreeCashMan Active Member

Nice info.

Using the right keywords in the title makes all the difference in your potential to rank in the search engines.

I've had success writing articles to grow my home business and make money online from home. It does work, but realize not every article is going to produce results but consistency will payoff and get you targeted interested prospects.
  3. kenwrites New Member

Using "buying" keywords is even better [IMG]
  4. hummingbird81 New Member

Hi, thanks for useful advice.

Making a good keyword research was always very difficult for me [IMG]

Could you give me some advice how to make a good keyword research? And how to recognize "buying keywords"? How many keywords should I have and how often should they appear in the article?

I would be very grateful for any tips [IMG]
  5. kenwrites New Member

hummingbird81: Could you give me some advice how to make a good keyword research? And how to recognize "buying keywords"? How many keywords should I have and how often should they appear in the article?

I am happy that you found the info useful. Thank you.

The simplest advice I could give is to go to Adwords External keyword Tool and perform a search on your subject. Now here is one part that people will disagree with me on but, look for two or three word phrases with between 3000 - 10,000 searches. Doesn't matter to me the competition. The more competition there is, frankly it means it makes money. [IMG] Then put in modifiers before those keywords like buy, review, discount, free shipping, sale, stop, best, top, quickly, cheap, you get the idea.

Buying keywords are keywords that have a "call to action". Customer in a "buying" state doesn't need more tips or ideas. They want to take action.

I keep keyword density to once every 150-200 words. Anymore than that and chances are the article will not read well. Any less and the search engines may not rank you for it.

But just as important as the keyword, the article must be original and offer value to your reader even when directing them to buy.

Hope that helps. [IMG]
  6. ucoxganteng New Member

7. I use article marketing all the time, but was on the understanding that you could not publish an article on your own website and then the same article on Ezine Articles, because it would be deemed duplicate content by Ezine Articles. [IMG]

Am I wrong?
  8. kenwrites New Member

Duplicate content is misunderstood. First, it is YOUR content, as long as it is original. Ezine has an issue when the article is posted elsewhere, besides your own site. All you are doing at GoArticles and Article Base is syndicating, and creating backlinks.

But again, the article Must be original. Also keep in mind that Google is beginning to change the game, and most of the other search engines will follow. Quality content is going to be rewarded with better ranking over keyword heavy content.

Hope that helps. [IMG]
  9. mountainmom5 Gold Member

kenwrites: Also keep in mind that Google is beginning to change the game, and most of the other search engines will follow. Quality content is going to be rewarded with better ranking over keyword heavy content.
    A friend of mine spoke with someone over at Google last week , yeah, I know, imagine that!...but anyways he shared some information on what they are doing...and in a nutshell it is ALL in our favor if we keep building content rich pages.[IMG]
  10. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks a bunck Ken for your tips here - I always linked BACK to the same article on my website with ezinearticles, but it makes sense not to... will have to change that.[IMG]
  11. mountainmom5 Gold Member

One more question for you Ken on the keyword research using the Google External tool - do you use the 'broad' search for the 3000 - 10,000 searches or the 'exact' ?
    TIA!
  12. kenwrites New Member

I use the broad search and then filter through a couple of other places to determine buyer intent, and how difficult or easy it would be to break into the first page of Google.
  13. Dennis Anthony New Member

Great info, Ken.
    Thank you indeed!

I actually enjoy keyword research -not that I've got it all figured out.
    Ha! Not in the least!

It's always good to see another professional's perspective.

Best,
    ~Dennis
  14. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Hey Dennis - check out Kenneth's writing for money link. He has some awesome keyword stuff on there. I know I picked up some nuggets from it and as a result was able to add a great page to my SBI site with an awesome keyword phrase.

Great keyword phrases are like gold to me.[IMG]
  15. chirotrainer New Member

I just learned about this a couple of weeks ago. To get ideas about articles and rank them high on Google. Google the word you intend on writing the article about then on the left hand side of Google look for Wonder Wheel it will show the related terms that are the most popular. Best of all it's free. Hope this helps.
  16. DomainCheapster New Member

chirotrainer: Google look for Wonder Wheel it will show the related terms that are the most popular.
    Sometimes with Wonder Wheel you get keywords not directly related to your topic or the only keyword phrases you get are product names.

I would suggest using Adwords Keyword Tool to analyze the exact phrases based on traffic volume and then check the number of competing pages in google for that phrase.

Still most of the time the Wonder Wheel is a good guide on how to structure your site and how to interlink your posts or pages. Just copy the same structure as the Wonder Wheel shows.
  17. hummingbird81 New Member

kenwrites: Hope that helps.
    Yes, Thank you very much. That really helped me. [IMG]
    I also found a lot of useful stuff on your website.
    Thanks again[IMG]
  18. sarauk New Member

Interesting article thanks Ken, the keyword is amazing subject, I am still learning but what I wanted to ask. a lot of people say the key is to find something that is searched a lot about 2000 search a month then check the completion, most say if it is more than 60-80 thousands it is big completion and we should stay away from it. That part does not make sense to me totally, for example if I want to search for lose weight fast without doing the tool I can bet there are a lot of searches on that term the same will apply to people who think they should start a website around that keyword. They will be competition but I how big competition will they be? Content, back links etc. Ken you think that the number of competition does not matter?
  19. kenwrites New Member

sarauk: That part does not make sense to me totally, for example if I want to search for lose weight fast without doing the tool I can bet there are a lot of searches on that term the same will apply to people who think they should start a website around that keyword. They will be competition but I how big competition will they be? Content, back links etc. Ken you think that the number of competition does not matter?
    When you see the competition in the keyword tool, frankly to me it does not matter. Again, more competition means people are making buying decisions. Now when I key that keyword into a search browser I look at what my competition is on page One.

Most of the time it is other blogs, small start up sites, or articles from Squidoo, Hub Pages and eHow. That type of competition really is not difficult to go against. Now if I see a lot of high ranking authority sites or .edu or.gov sites, I toss the word.

People always look at that big number on the competition and run for the hills. In reality you are only ever competing with the 10 competitors that are on page One. You just need to evaluate them.
  20. bianca_dee New Member

Great info! Really helpful for a newbie like me. Just a question though, how long does it take for an article to get indexed by google? What are your experiences with it?