Edit Button for the Threads Created

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by samda, Feb 18, 2009.

1. samda

samda Member

Hi Vishal

I see a edit link for the newly created posts. But there is no edit link for a little older posts / threads. If this is incorporated it will help the user to edit the messages he has typed when time calls it for.

I think you would consider this.

Your thoughts ?

Sam

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

samueldarwin: I see a edit link for the newly created posts. But there is no edit link for a little older posts / threads. If this is incorporated it will help the user to edit the messages he has typed when time calls it for.

This is how it should work. A member can edit his post only for a specific duration. Allowing edits for unlimited duration would open the system for abuse.

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Vishal P. Rao: This is how it should work. A member can edit his post only for a specific duration. Allowing edits for unlimited duration would open the system for abuse.

lol - I agree! Folks like me need that rule to keep us from getting to hyper.... knowing it can not be edited keeps me mellowed out. (most of the time anyways! [​IMG])

4. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

And what happened to that edit button? I just made a post and the code is messed up (I have "underline" code glaring at me") but the edit button doesn't show up for me to fix it.

It's been a really weird internet-ing day for me... with other things not showing up [​IMG] too, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a Mahogany problem *giggle*. But... is the edit button now gone or is it just me?

5. Vishal P. Rao

Singapoor: And what happened to that edit button? I just made a post and the code is messed up (I have "underline" code glaring at me") but the edit button doesn't show up for me to fix it.
    You are able to edit the post for only 60 minutes from the time you make the post. After that, you have to contact me to make any changes.

6. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for getting coming back about it so soon. It was right after I posted that I noticed there was no way to edit it though. Also, it hasn't shown up for the other posts I've made today either. No worries... it's just a minor thing really [​IMG].

7. Vishal P. Rao

I just checked using a different username and the edit button seems to be there (Right after the "Quote" link).

8. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

Hi Vishal,

You're right... and I'm losing it it seems. Please disregard all of the previous ramblings because I now see it too [​IMG].

Edited to say: And, because I can, I just clicked edit to .... edit *giggle*

9. Vishal P. Rao