Email List

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by stellaandreapar, Sep 5, 2011.

1. stellaandreapar

stellaandreapar New Member

Hi guys, just need your advice. Are email lists useful in online marketing?
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Yes, email lists can be very effective in online marketing. However, in many cases, it is best to wait until you have sucess with a website before you start marketing with an email list, and then you can then tailor your email marketing list around what you did for your website.
  3. stephhill

stephhill New Member

Email lists generate $43 for every $1 spent.
    Squeeze pages are great for collecting e-mails and mailing that list.
    Research also shows that the shorter the follow up e-mail, the higher the conversion rate of the prospect. And research also shows that if a prospect hasn't joined by the 8th or 9th email they probably won't join.

And if you want flexsqueeze.com can make great word press based sites for you as well.
  4. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

stephhill: Email lists generate $43 for every $1 spent.
    Uh, where did you get that figure? and can you provide more details?
    If it was that cut and dry everyone would be doing it for that ROI.
    Step by step please stephhill, TIA
  5. micg121

micg121 New Member

Definitely. If you plan on going at this full time - working at home, an email list is essential. Just think of it this way - Ultimately your email list will become your customer list. If a business has no customers, well then it isn't a business really, it's more of a hobby at that point.

At the very minimum, if you are going to invest time and money into an internet business, or any business venture for that matter, you should be capturing leads and building a customer list (of course, online we are talking about an email list). I could go on and on with reasons but I'll give you what I feel is the one reason that most often seals the deal with my clients.

Let's say your business loses it's products, whether they are tangible goods, eBooks, or services, as long as you have a customer list, you are still capable of making money. All you would have to do is recommend someone else's product to your customers and earn a commission each time your customer makes a purchase. Now flip the situation around. If you lost your customers, and had all of your products intact, you could not make any money. You'd be sitting on that inventory of products looking for ways to attract customers you could sale to. I hope this helps.
  6. stellaandreapar

Thanks for all the advice guys. I will check out if email marketing is really beneficial. I just don't want them to flag my email as spam.
  7. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Sounds like you are referring to buying list to email, and asking is email blasting any good.

Short answer. Yes.

I do some email blasting, in combination with my other marketing, and I have had opt-in to my website. Ideally one would want to have multiple marketing methods.

You never know where the next good lead to explode your business will come from. Just be sure to be consistent and do the things that are effective in your marketing to get positive results.
  8. aniket

aniket New Member

Hi..
    is email list useful?? ..yes it is ...

does it take time?? ..of course it will....if u are building ur list from scratch..(not buying)

email marketing only depend upon value u are providing..

i get emails from lots of people to whom i have subscribed...

90% of them are terribly irritating because they send 3-4 mails daily promoting some products...

only 10%of them send email on regular intervals 0f 3-4 days....

i joined a membership program which was being promoted to me by multiple people....but only one among them seemed to be seriously putting some value in his mails not just sales pitch...

i appreciated that person's effort and deliberately joined through his affiliate link...

so u see if one provides value then only it can be successful in long run else opportunity seekers will always get a couple of sales here and there but nothing really to talk about..

Regards
    Aniket
  9. stellaandreapar

Nice tips about Email list. Thank you. Now I know email marketing can't be that bad.
  10. nalced

nalced New Member

getagrip: Yes, email lists can be very effective in online marketing. However, in many cases, it is best to wait until you have sucess with a website before you start marketing with an email list, and then you can then tailor your email marketing list around what you did for your website.
    This is bad advice. The main reason why people never get around to building their list is because of the advice you laid out here.

To the op, start to build your list immediately. If you have to get a part time job cleaning toilets to pay for advertising then do it. The failure rate in the internet marketing industry is so high because many do not grasp the concept that your email list is your biggest asset.

Learn this skill before anything else. I have yet to meet one person who doesn't regret building their list at the earliest time possible.

The key to making it online is to treat it like a real business, that means you MUST build a list as soon as possible. Waiting around until you get enough traffic is the worst advice anyone can give. Action is the key, get going and learn everything you can about email marketing and never look back.

The quickest way to making money online is to...

1) set up an autoresponder

1) Find a quality product to promote

2) Set up a squeeze page to capture leads

3) Drive traffic to that squeeze page through forum, social and solo ad marketing

4) When you capture email addresses, provide FREE incredible value to that list either through a 7 day video course, ebooks etc

5) Promote that quality product after you build trust by providing INCREDIBLE FREE value

There's a bit of a learning curve to the above strategy but it is only a fraction of the learning curve compared to building sites, creating content and searching for bacKlinks in the hope you get enough traffic to start your email campaign.
  11. weblogger

weblogger New Member

Google policies changes (adsense/adwords)
    Google search algo changes over night, your sight diminishes!!
    Social media traffic dips down..
    Website traffic goes down sowth..

Your business is at risk if you do not have a list of some form..

At some point of time you should have control of your online business...build a list slowly and steadily....

It can be as simple and free from even Feedburner.com but you should start building one right now...

Thanks
  12. everythingsimpl

everythingsimpl New Member

I feel like lists are just something that you should be doing along with whatever else you are to make money. It just makes sense to capture emails and have proven buyers.

My biggest problem is giving away a free gift and then getting people to open emails after. I guess maybe the gift has no value and sucks in their eyes?
  13. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

stellaandreapar: Are email lists useful in online marketing?
    In my opinion, email lists represent the one true stable (relatively speaking) asset for generating revenue. It is the one business building system that is included in every online marketer's traffic generating strategy. And that's because of the well know refrain: The money is in the list!

nalced: The key to making it online is to treat it like a real business, that means you MUST build a list as soon as possible.
    Two thumbs up to that! And the steps you outlined are solid and they deliver positive results when done correctly. Everytime!

everythingsimpl: My biggest problem is giving away a free gift and then getting people to open emails after. I guess maybe the gift has no value and sucks in their eyes?
    If that's the case then you have identified a weak area that you can strengthen. The only way to know for sure is to test. If you feel your gift is inadequate, try to figure out why.

- Does your freebie address a pressing problem?
    - Does it provide sufficient direction on how to resolve that problem?
    - Are those directions clearly presented and easy to follow?
    - Do you recommend a backend product that addresses other related issues?
    - Are the email subject lines compelling?
    - Are you including additional useful guidance in the emails?

The answers to these and similar questions, along with a little experimentation, will help you to come up with the right offer that has value to your readers. They'll be looking forward to your emails to get more of your good stuff.

Hermas
  14. nalced

nalced New Member

everythingsimpl: My biggest problem is giving away a free gift and then getting people to open emails after. I guess maybe the gift has no value and sucks in their eyes?
    That's exactly right. Your gift is not good enough if you don't turn those subscribers into buyers. The biggest mistake is to give a cheap crappy product for free. Your list is not the only list your subscriber is on. What sets you apart from the other list owners? Why should your prospective customer look out for your emails ahead of your competitions?

This can be solved by giving away a free gift that actually provides incredible value to your subscriber, then, and only then will they look forward to what you have to offer them next time.
  15. sunnyblue

sunnyblue New Member

This is good idea to build list of email, I have seen those email lists which are purchased they don't have any response.
  16. everythingsimpl

I really thought my free gift was good, I'm stumped. It's a 20+ page report with a workout plan and video descriptions. I have thought about breaking the chapters up and spreading them out to get the used to opening my emails. What do you think?
  17. Tess_T

Tess_T New Member

Absolutely! List marketing allows you to build relationships with your list - very essential for trust, so that people will listen to your recommendations and take your advice. You will see that if done right, email marketing will lead to substantially more income.

Think of it this way: When you capture someone's name and email address to add to your list of subscribers, you have the ability to build a rapport and market to that person over and over again (back end products, etc.). When someone visits your website and leaves, they are lost to you forever as a potential customer.

Email marketing rocks! I absolutely recommend that if you're not doing it, you get started[​IMG]
  18. everythingsimpl

Since we are on the topic of email lists and subscribers, what has everyone found works best to convert viewers blogs with sidebar optins, squeeze pages with opt-ins, or pop ups/lightboxes?

I found that I didn't get subscribers until I used a squeeze page with optimize press.....only after that did I start to get optins from a pop up.
  19. weblogger

weblogger New Member

I think the OP clearly knows the answer to his question from the link in his signature? [​IMG]
  20. chadarcy

chadarcy Member

I need to stop putting off getting an email list going. Actually I have a decent list, I need to get some autoresponders setup to feed those lists. Are autoresponders the way to go or is there much better results by personally typing each message as you want to get info out?

Chad