Energy Deregulation The Modern Day gold Rush

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by tony1018, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Antoine2011 New Member

Yes and Now with California now Deregulated People in that sort of business will do well!
  2. poohbearb4u New Member

Hello all!

I have been asked about the deregulation of Oregon (energy and gas) and was under the impression that it hasn't happened yet. However, a little research shows that it has been deregulated - Now I am wondering if they were just referring to their company being set up to broker the energy services? The company I am referring to is ACN. Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
  3. rex362 New Member

Deregulation is the best market to be in ....regardless to who you are with
  4. DugMg New Member

rex362
    I agree. I've looked at the energy angle every which way and I don't see a down side to it. Also with most deregulated states have something like only 20% or so meters that have been switched from their default power companies. I think this will continue for quite some time. By 2015 I believe all states will be required to be deregulated. I'm with Ignite but I think there is plenty of room for competition after all that's what deregulation is for!
  5. fireman5214 New Member

ok so I have been trying to choose from the 3 following...

North American Power (free)

Ambit for (25.00 monthly website fee)

Stream/Ignite... have not found anything for that. DugMg would you know if ignite charges monthly fees? I see you are with them, are you allowed to say if they are charging monthly or not?

I have also seen with NA Power that they dont allow much in the way of internet advertising such as youtube and other ways. Wondering if that company would not be right for me as most of my advertising would be internet based. thanks for any help on these questions.
  6. fireman5214 New Member

no other comments on this subject?
  7. DugMg New Member

fireman5214
    Hey fireman,
    I don't know if your a firefighter but I watched the twin towers smoke those many years ago and If your in the fire service my hat's off to you. "Nobody runs into a burning building..."

As for your questions. The only monthly fee I have (beside my own sites) is for the two web sites. Yes it's high but it does help those who don't know where to start with a new business and it is useful. You can send customers to the Energy site where they can sign up and direct people interested in the biz to the other. I chalk it up as a business expense.

As far as advertising goes. Most companies don't like to have their logos on sites where they have no control over content. I understand that. If you were to follow (no I'm not asking you to) my links you would see that I market my product for what it is and I do not use the company name until I have built some kind of relationship. And no I don't mean I take people out for a beer, but after one or two emails you can get the sense of who your dealing with. Not to say there are not slick people out there in the wild....
  8. fireman5214 New Member

thanks dug, i am a volunteer firefighter and thanks for answering the questions I had. I appreciate it.
  9. mlmnewbie New Member

My mlm company sells energy too it's such a money maker I would encourage you to get involved you will make a lot of money selling it. It's ten times market share of VoIP which is pretty big
  10. hockeyadc New Member

I'm having trouble getting customers and reps to sign up. What methods do you guys find work the best?
  11. Interesting,

As one who researches them all, I too looked at the energy deregulation opportunities, just as I did when communications industry deregulated. I made out well then for I was able to offer clients savings on their phone costs, and it was great for several years, but look at the industry now, there is no money on LD, and very little in the wireless industry any longer.

As I saw it, similar with several of the phone deals, you were making most of you money on recruiting fees, not on the actual use of services, so this is something many companies were attacked on, just as the first couple energy deals got shut down, so it is important to evaluate how your compensation is derived, and given the small margins on services, similar to the telcom industry, you have to be careful in choosing a company where commissions mostly come from recruiting new distributors. Remember Excel?

Success to all,
  12. dwalter1982 New Member

hockeyadc
    Hi there, I have been working in the energy marketplace for quite a while now. I also own an insurance agency. I'd be glad to chat. Where can I reach you? Phone number or email address?

Dan
  13. Renee21586 New Member

I have not been with ignite a month and I'm seeing why deregulation has been a good thing. And when more states are on board the market expands 1000 fold