Engineer wanting to work form home...start up advise?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by miniman, May 18, 2010.

1. miniman

miniman New Member

I am manufacturing engineer with 15yrs experience with project / programme management, technical document generation/review etc. Looking into opportunities to start working from home as addtional income stream. From research it appears there is quite a market for the managing of technical based projects remotely, I am new to this forum, wondered if anyone had any advice on starting up this type of service?
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome Dan... you lost me on your question...[​IMG]

I am very simple folk.[​IMG]
  3. Margo Tuul

Margo Tuul New Member

I highly recommend you to sign up for Warrior Forum ( This can be a goldmine for you. Lots of people there looking for all kind of services.

Take a look
  4. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

I'm a successful MLMer =].

Lots of your skills could be useful in my field.

To start a service as you describe I would recommend starting out by either creating a website or paying someone to make you one.

I would have the website showcase yourself in whatever manner may be appropriate. I would then market my services to people needing it.

It's hard for me to give you advice on how to market to people though because I do not understand completely what you do =].

Good Luck!!

5. wealthbuilders

wealthbuilders New Member

Hmmm...sounds like you are looking at being an IT Consultant of sorts - from home? And are wondering how to market yourself online, if there is such a market on the Internet?

I come from the IT industry and know that there is such a market online. But before I go on, please do elaborate on your question, it seems we are all not so clear on what you are asking?