Expenses for First level package

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by Lion_child, Jan 11, 2007.

1. tomcha

tomcha New Member

Terri,

Sorry about the typo for your username.

Thomas
  2. tomcha

tomcha New Member

Quoting: jnapierWow...I don't know where you got your training in this business, but I know you've not been training by someone who is a leader in the industry.

Leaders in this industry will NEVER plead or beg anyone to become a part of their team. We KNOW that this newbie who has not been training.
    Jay,

I think you must assumed a little too much in reading my post. If you read the post carefully, you'd see that I said I had experienced the AdWord trap of not setting a strict daily budget.

Then I went on to warn others about the danger of having leads (from PPC, lead companies or others) that cost too much, which put too much pressure to 'make the sale'. This in turn leads people to get into the mode of 'begging for the sale'. And yes, it is a mistake that can plague those just starting in the business.

And to a degree, training has nothing to do with it. Unless your mentality is to do nothing until you've 'mastered' the business, you'll experience this to a varying degree when starting out. Some get over it faster than others.

Just so we are clear, I didn't appreciate your negative tone in the previous posting and I think it shows lack of professionalism when a member tries to degrade another in such a manner. We are all in the Coastal business together whether we are in the same group/team or not. And I'd appreciate some mutual respect shown and kept between members.

That's just me.

Thomas
  3. jlDunn

jlDunn New Member

I can agree with tomcha on this one.....I have a good director, and have gone through all sorts of training, I am a CSG member....and love the training available, but I can understand what tomcha is trying to say.

If you spend too much (meaning more than your budget allows) then you will feel desperate for someone to sign up with you.....If you feel desperate, you prospect will hear it, and you will be begging for a sale without literally begging for it....not so much to them but to yourself.....

You must allow yourself a budget for advertising, and not go over it or else you won't make sales because you will be stressed.....

I am talking from experience.....the way it works is if you say "I NEED TO MAKE A SALE" you never will, but if you say "I want this person to be successful" your prospect will notice the difference.

I hope this helps....

And as many have said, there are free ways to advertise - forums posting, and free places to advertise mentioned earlier.

Lindsay