Experiencing tech difficulties with C*t*

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by auntee, Mar 8, 2009.

1. auntee

auntee New Member

Ok so I waited almost 2 months for my login. Now I got my logins and I still cannot work. There seem to be a different error everytime I try to log in to work. Each time I speak to a different PAL I'm getting different reasons why I cannot log in. Now I'm being told to disable almost every program on my pc and disconnect my printer. Has anyone else experience these sort of problems?

2. suni315

suni315 New Member

OMG AUNTEE I have had the same issues and they seem to be ongoing. SinceI started taking calls it seems to be a new issue each and everyday. I do enjoy the position BUT it would be nice to have the tech issues fixed. I have had the ADE go down on me several times in the middle of a call. It is extremely hard to postion the product to sell when you are trying to stay in the system. Somedays go well and somedays are just back to back tech issues it makes me not want to sign up for hours cause FYI we dont get paid for tech problems and I was on the phone with support the other day for over an hour. Not to mention the endless phone calls to P*ls. the constant logging in and out and they expect you to stay at it,trying to get into the system and you are not being paid. it took 1.5 hrs for me to get in the other day. so I was scheduled 6 and only paid for 4.5 Let me know if it gets any better for you.
    Suni

3. auntee

auntee New Member

Now I know that what I assumed is correct... the problem is not my pc. One Pal tells me remove/disable this problem and you're good to go. When it doesnt work and I call back another pal says ... who told you that the pc is ok... you have to remove/disable 3-4 more programs [​IMG] Then are constant email about disappointing c*t* by not working.... I wish I could work! I hope c*t* doesnt pull their contract with west.

4. suni315

suni315 New Member

Me too!!! I worry about that as well. but from my understanding it is C*t* servers that are the problem. I do know you have to disable windows defender and user account control on your PC and even though tch support says you can use a firewall you have to have it disabled to work. I want to work more than I have but it is frustrating in the middle of a call and the system goes down on me. So I hate signing up for hours cause I am only being paid when I can stay logged in.
    Not to mention I look like I dont know what I am doing to the person on the other end of the phone and you can forget about trying to do a sale everytime I try to make a sale the system goes down. I have yet to get a C*t* sour*e login so I have never even seen the one thing that we need to be compliant with our sales!!!

5. auntee

auntee New Member

Arghhhhh! I am so frustrated right now! They made my download a anti virus software - that must be turned off in order to work [​IMG] then they say I have to completely remove my Verizon internet security, unplug my printer's usb cable.... and the worst part each time I exit from Gateway my pc crashes. Dont know if I want to stick it out... I ?? crazee right now [​IMG]

6. samda

samda Member

Why cant you contact the support of CT. I hope this will help you. I have left using CT long back as they dont have enough number of offers to earn from...

7. auntee

auntee New Member

Samuel... I contact pal and Waha help desk at least 5 times a day since saturday... keep getting conflicting advice. avail work is not the problem... c*t* has alot of avail hrs and incentives including up to $15/hr for certain shifts plus addtl bonus.

8. auntee

auntee New Member

Suni.. what operating system is your computer running? Finally a PAL told me that Vista sometimes go wireless and that can cause problems with logins. It is better to run XP. You are able to take calls so I was wondering if you were running XP.

9. Nikkbunny

Nikkbunny New Member

Is anyone else having problems logging into Gateway today? I called and they said it was because too many people are trying to log in at once. After reading these posts I think this is an on going issue that West needs to fix.

10. suni315

suni315 New Member

I have Vista 32 bit and have been told its better to have XP but since vista is preinstalled on new PCs I guess they beter catch up
    The website says vista is fine but P*ls say otherwise I still am having problems stayin up during calls lost connection about 3 times today.

11. Nikkbunny

Nikkbunny New Member

They aren't going to catch up and make their software compatible (more than it is anyway) with Vista b/c Microsoft is releasing Microsoft 7 later this year or early next year. Because so many people dislike Vista companies that haven't upgraded to Vista yet aren't doing so and instead are waiting for 7 to come out. Doesn't help those of us who use Vista though. Also all of the West call centers operate with XP.

12. auntee

auntee New Member

I was getting upset because they made it seem like it was something wrong with my computer (not their system). They made me add stuff and take stuff off and my computer started running slow and had all sorts of error message popping up. Once they mentioned to me that Vista is the problem... I stopped trying because I am gonna keep having disconnection problems. Vista has the tendency of going wireless and when it does then it kicks you off the system.

13. sdl1109

sdl1109 New Member

In general, West has been a company that has been fair to it's employees but in this case I hope that West will look more closely at it's policy of not paying it's employees when there is a company-wide issue with signing in.

14. Nikkbunny

Nikkbunny New Member

Did anyone else get their log-ins and find that one or more passwords were in correct; namely Sawgr**s? If so how long did it take for a new working one?

15. sands002

sands002 New Member

After finishing training 2/18 I received my logins 3/3 and my Avaya IP agent logins are invalid. I am still waiting for reset from C*t* is what p*ls tell me when I call every day.