Ezine articles to squidoo

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by redsadie, Apr 18, 2009.

1. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Hi there, me again [​IMG]

I was wondering. As Ezine Articles tends to be quite strict, would it be better to submit an article to Ezine first, then re-jig it into a Squidoo Lens rather than the other way around?

Many thanks as always [​IMG]

xxx

2. westfam11

westfam11 Member

That is exactly what the PotPieGirl teaches in
    "One Week Marketing" and she is quite successful
    with this method. That is exactly what I am working
    on right now.

Becky

3. redsadie

redsadie New Member

westfam11: That is exactly what the PotPieGirl teaches in
    "One Week Marketing" and she is quite successful
    with this method. That is exactly what I am working
    on right now.

Ooh, how spooky! I'm reading it as we speak! I'm about 40 pages into 'A Conversation With Nick' and just literally reading through The Guide, of which I'm 28 pages in!

I bought this about 6 weeks ago but got all distracted by the 'shiny things' but I've focussed a heck of a lot more over the past two days or so, and I am following to the letter.

Good luck with yours [​IMG]

xx

4. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

redsadie: I was wondering. As Ezine Articles tends to be quite strict, would it be better to submit an article to Ezine first, then re-jig it into a Squidoo Lens rather than the other way around?
    If done correctly, I doubt it would make a material difference which you did first, since the two presentations would be somewhat different.

The Ezine Articles submission would follow the traditional article format, whereas the Squidoo piece would bring a slightly different focus to the same material without reproducing it verbatim.

Plus, Squidoo's modular structure gives you an opportunity to be more creative with the content. In that sense, it wouldn't matter which was done first.

Hermas

5. gridellas

gridellas New Member

Yes I would have to agree with Hermas. The articles you write are to introduce your lens or be more like a teaser especially when you are writing to submit it to ezine.

Two different angles and it shouldn't interfere with each other.

However, on the other hand I do understand what potpie girl is trying to accomplish by having you go in that particular order. [​IMG]

6. kitcate

kitcate New Member

It is a great method to use! Just make sure it is still fresh content. [​IMG]

7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

redsadie: I'm about 40 pages into 'A Conversation With Nick'
    Just follow her plan and it will come together for you. [​IMG]

8. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

Submitting on Ezine is quite tricky [​IMG]

You have to meet all of their requirement.

And you have to wait for approval too...

I use goarticles.com , and Squidoo.com

Those are most useful, and easy to do.

Keep working hard you all~~

Happy day~^^[​IMG]

9. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

jaesun16: Submitting on Ezine is quite tricky

You have to meet all of their requirement.
    But once you have met those requirements, it is one of the best article directories out there![​IMG]

10. redsadie

redsadie New Member

mountainmom5: But once you have met those requirements, it is one of the best article directories out there!
    It is really frustrating though Viola! I have submitted three pen names in the past four days and each time they come back and say sorry it doesn't meet with requirements. The third one they said was fine, and all my articles disappeared! Then when I asked where they had gone, they came back to me, apologised, re-instated the articles (which are still in pending mode because of change of pen name) and said the name I had submitted and they had approved, actually wasn't ok after all! Jeez! Who said this was easy!!??

xx

11. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I only use one pen name so I don't know about that part... I have had articles that were rejected and I even had my account suspended several times because of something I did that I had no idea was wrong, but usually after an email or so, it was all okay.

They do take awhile to get to the articles at times, sometimes a new article will sit there for a week till they approve it. But if you follow the guidelines, once you have the hang of what they approve or disapprove, it is an invaluable tool.

While you are waiting on them to approve you, keep submitting your articles to goarticles and ideamarketers, etc. That way, at least you have them floating around out there.

I get a lot of traffic to my websites from my ezinearticles.[​IMG]

12. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Yeah, I know hun, but it is sooooo frustrating! I will keep at it, tortoise and pots of pie helping me greatly [​IMG]

13. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

You'll get it. I am the kind of person that wants to have it all learned and done , like yesterday... so I totally understand. I have come mighty close to sticking my fist thru my computer screen at times...[​IMG]

14. redsadie

redsadie New Member

mountainmom5: You'll get it. I am the kind of person that wants to have it all learned and done , like yesterday... so I totally understand. I have come mighty close to sticking my fist thru my computer screen at times...
    LOL! You sure we don't have the same parents?! [​IMG]

15. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

redsadie: I was wondering. As Ezine Articles tends to be quite strict, would it be better to submit an article to Ezine first, then re-jig it into a Squidoo Lens rather than the other way around?
    Hi RS,

Personally, I would create a lens first and then create a summary (teaser) article for the article directory. I'd link the article to your lens via author box.

Of course, this assumes that you wish to drive traffic to your lens rather than from your lens to your article. It's possible that you may have reason to do it the other way around - link from lens to article.

Even though your article would be a teaser, make sure that it is full of value. It helps to include some sort of call to action either at the end of the article or in the author box. In either case, make sure that it appears "near the end" so that it's one of the very last things a reader sees.

Sorry you're having some difficulty with Ezine Articles. I hope that you're able to identify and fix the culprit!

~Newbie Shield~

16. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Okay if you link from the lens to EZA then you're going for backlinks to rank the article faster is this the deal? And if you link from article to lens you backlink the lens plus get a possible sale. And now I've confused myself, so I need to think about it. It's too late I need to go to bed.
    Sonni

17. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Newbie Shield: Hi RS,

Personally, I would create a lens first and then create a summary (teaser) article for the article directory. I'd link the article to your lens via author box.
    Hi NS

I have been following Potpiegirl's One Week Marketing and she suggests writing a lens first so that is what I am doing. I just didn't want to get my articles rejected by EZ because they might think they were too similar.

Sonni: Okay if you link from the lens to EZA then you're going for backlinks to rank the article faster is this the deal? And if you link from article to lens you backlink the lens plus get a possible sale. And now I've confused myself, so I need to think about it. It's too late I need to go to bed.

Sonni, you've confused me too [​IMG] but I think after re-reading what you wrote, the second of the two you said seems like the right way.

Red. xx
    Sonni

18. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Okay it's the next day and I've slept on this. I have always linked the article to the lens since my lenses all have affiliate links. This creates backlinks for the lens and a possible sale my occur.

Of course, if you link from the lens to the article you backlink the article as I mentioned earlier this shoots the article rank up hopefully, then the article has a resource box that sends them to your site/blog which has affiliate links, so in retrospect I see Potpiegirls thinking.

If you get them to your site you stand to make more profit because the lens has leaks that can take your visitor away from you, plus you take a money cut with the ads.

Then I suppose you can link everything and have a link farm which I don't think we're supposed to do.

It gets complicated doesn't it? This is why it's hard for newbies to figure this stuff out. Everybody has a way to do it, so it gets confusing and is indeed difficult to figure out what's most profitable and still stay white hat. Black hatters eventually get the smack down from G.

I could be off whack here since I'm not an experienced marketer, but I do read and research a lot trying to figure it out myself.
    Sonni

19. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Sonni: I could be off whack here since I'm not an experienced marketer, but I do read and research a lot trying to figure it out myself.
    Sonni,

I'd say you're right on the mark!

Even though you see yourself as an inexperienced marketer at the moment, it's
    obvious to me that the effort you put into research and trying to figure things
    out for yourself is paying off. The above post is proof that you understand the
    article/squidoo scenario. Good for you!

Hermas

20. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Ta Da I finally know something it only took about 8 months or so give or take a week lol. Maybe this post will help a poor newbie who is as clueless as I once was and still am on other IM topics.

Thanks Hermas for letting me know I'm on target. You never know.
    Sonni