EzineArticles Rant

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Singapoor, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

Week before last I submitted an article to Ezine - my first. I knew not to expect an answer on acceptance right away, but I thought two weeks was a bit much, so I started to investigate. I'd managed to miss an email/glaze over/I don't know (I have ditsy moments sometimes, so either could be the case actually) notifying me of there being a message in their system.

I logged in and...... they'd suspended my account. I had recently read about how mountainmom5 had experienced the same thing at a point, so didn't think it was the end or anything and sent a message asking why. Guess why guys - just guess.

My author name. They actually suspended my account because I was using the name given to me at birth! Crazy huh? They felt it wasn't appropriate. Here's the thing, I don't want to use a pen name or anything, I want to be me, so I then asked them "What now? Shall I fax over my passport page or something to prove that's actually my name?"

I blame my mom for all of this weirdness [​IMG] - it's all her fault. But seriously though, that bothered me. I've already gotten very used to people calling me by my middle name day-to-day (since moving to Asia... folks find "Mahogany" a mouthful so it was just easier that way), but still, that's all informal interaction. I think it would be crazy to settle for using my middle name instead for something that's published, and if they don't bend on this little rule/judgment/whatever, it would be really unfortunate.
  2. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

I don't use ezinearticles.com

They are so strict ruled!!

I don't get qualify submission very often.

I use goarticles.com they are more free to write and submit![​IMG]

Happy day~^^[​IMG]
  3. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

Hi Jaesun,

Thanks for that. In the end, I'll probably stick to the back and forth with Ezine because they seem to be a favourite and there's no arguing with a site's reputation for effectiveness. But after we resolve this, I'll alter content and post to goarticles too, as I hear they're also good (and you can also include affiliate links.... not that I see me doing that, but it shows a level of leniency that they allow it is the point).
  4. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

I also have some issues with Ezines articles. I put my name in author name, after some times, they rejected my articles because of my author name. In the end i have to change my author name.
  5. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

I got an email back saying basically "Yeah, prove that's your name. We'll allow it with ID" Crazy. Sent off the ID page of my passport. [​IMG] I get that rules are rules, but this is a bit excessive I think. Thank goodness it actually is my legal name, but what about folks out there who have built up a loca/industry name for themselves and are interested in writing articles and building upon the name that people mostly know them as? I guess not Ezine.

Oops - "local" not "loca"
  6. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

i use article submitter software. is that good?
  7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Singapoor: I blame my mom for all of this weirdness - it's all her fault
    Does she get the credit for your style?? [​IMG] What are you writing on by the way. I like reading your stuff as you have a way of holding one's attention...

I never had a problem with an author name so I guess that is a new one for me - I HAVE had my account suspended, though... mostly for stupidity.[​IMG]

Keeps life interesting, I guess.
  8. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

johnjimat: i use article submitter software. is that good?
    Dunno how those things work... have never looked into an automated way of doing it (mainly because, I don't mind the manual approach and feel that placement on one possibly two good sites is a better approach).

Hey Viola! Yeah, sure, I'll give her credit for my sytle too. I most definitely get my in-person mannerism and such largely from her, and what you see in my writing is me me me so it's a natural extension really [​IMG].

I'm writing about acne these days. Outside of you guys, I only mentioned the site to two people close to me and they laughed when I told them I'd put up a "pimple site" *giggle*. There's a link in a thread I started for the purpose of starting a dialog about my inadequacies [​IMG].

And about the "holding one's attention thing" you get a big hug for that one Viola.... stretching my arms alllllll the way over (and up) to Denver [​IMG]. It's sweet of you to say.
  9. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

Yeaaaaaaaa, I'm out of suspension mode. Feels great (and also weird to have needed to have to go through that).
  10. darpon56

darpon56 New Member

I'm using GoArticles as well as Ezine. I don't get as much response from Go-. Any ideas why?
  11. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

I'd be interested in hearing people's opinions on why too. From what I've been reading, it seems goarticles (for various reasons) is a close second to ezine as far as places people choose to post.