Facing computers in a long hours resutling to a HEAD CRAMPS??

Discussion in 'Health' started by elle14, Oct 17, 2009.

1. elle14

elle14 New Member

Hi.. It's been 9 mos since I work at home. 1-7 months is good. But 8mos and onwards I usually get a head cramps. I tried searching it over the net but seems like there are many reason behind it. I just notice maybe because of facing computer in a long hour. How about you guys? Do you encounter this?
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

elle14: Hi.. It's been 9 mos since I work at home
    . 1-7 months is good. But 8mos and onwards I usually get a head cramps. I tried searching it over the net but seems like there are many reason behind it. I just notice maybe because of facing computer in a long hour. How about you guys? Do you encounter this?
    I have not encountered head cramps (may be I have no idea how it might feel) but have encountered heaviness in the head for sure. The best way would be to take total break from computers for at least a week and see the difference. Another suggestion would be to take frequent breaks, take short walks and be aware of your legs/body. This will release the congestion in your head region.
  3. joanpeterson

joanpeterson New Member

I don't know what head cramps are but I assume that it is a headache or possible neck spasms.

I agree with Vishal in that you need frequent breaks from your computer. I would say that for every 45 minutes you spend at your computer, you take a break of at least 5 minutes and walk around a bit and stretch.

Sitting for prolonged periods without movement puts you at high risk for blood clots. And those can kill.