Favorite Directories?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by happygal, Oct 29, 2009.

1. happygal

happygal Member

Wondering if you all have favorite directories that you submit it? Despite seeing great traffic to my site, I am still baffled why I have no page rank at all...and need to try to do some new things to change that.

Other ideas?
  2. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hello happygal,
    This happen to me also.

There are so many factors, I believe one being the amount of time visitors spend on the site, etc.

I have been using Traffic Bug, and it is helping a lot.

Traffic Bug submits to over 1,000 directories, rss, search engines & social bookmarking sites, offering an 11 day free trial, and asks for no payment info whatsoever.

They will send a reminder email asking if you would like to subscribe.

Just a suggestion.
    Victoria
  3. dula14

dula14 New Member

Victoria,

What is the subscription price to Traffic Bug after the 11 day trial?
  4. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

happygal: Wondering if you all have favorite directories that you submit it? Despite seeing great traffic to my site, I am still baffled why I have no page rank at all...and need to try to do some new things to change that.

Other ideas?
    Ezinearticles works great for me. Also, the little known social site like scribd.com boost my sales and adsense earnings because the documents can rank well within hours.

For social bookmarkings: socialmarker.com
  5. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Are you talking about website directories or article directories?
  6. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

I find submitting articles to ezine & buiding a lense with Squidoo
    are good ways to go, as you can see the traffic your getting
    through these website with google analytics.

Will have a look at Traffic Bug, sounds quite good.

Mark [​IMG]
  7. jhoecannon

jhoecannon New Member

Yes, VictoriaNTC, is correct. I also use Traffic Bug and it works great. I have three blogs and it saves me a ton of time.[​IMG]
  8. GlennELee

GlennELee New Member

Be careful when submitting your website to too many directories that have a high pagerank as this can redflag your site in Google. Personally start with PR's of 1 to 2 and give it a few weeks before moving up to PR 3 and 4.

Aside from that, if you're serious about increasing your traffic by organics and using PR from link directories, try using http://www.easysubmits.com/ to assist in your efforts.
  9. Rose Moore

Rose Moore New Member

If you are really worried about your website's PR then do link-exchange with your niche websites/blogs. Yeah definitely those should be quality websites with PR pages, where your link will appear. I know its time consuming but for betterment of your website, you need to spend sometime for this tasks.

If you can do this successfully, I am sure your website will have PR in next update.

Best of luck
    Rose
  10. paulms

paulms New Member

Unfortunately, link exchanges aren't very effective any more for Page Rank purposes - at least for Google as they tend to filter those out - at least over time they do, but they can still make sense for just driving pure traffic if the two sites are in related markets.
  11. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Jean LA: Also, the little known social site like scribd.com boost my sales and adsense earnings because the documents can rank well within hours.
    I just started using scribd.com but am not sure how to upload a text document with clickable links in it - any tips on that?
  12. potsyn

potsyn Guest