First Time on Spectrum - Question

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by TriciaC, May 19, 2008.

1. TriciaC

TriciaC New Member

Hi, Everyone. This may be something I should call a PAL regarding but I thought I would check here first to see if anyone has the answer.

I recently finished my VM training and I can now access Spectrum. I pulled it up to take a look around and see what hours are available, etc. There are available hours listed and and when I click on a specific time period it says VIR - Only. I remember when going through the training section on Spectrum it said to be sure to only schedule yourself for the skill you are trained on. My question is this - am I just looking for VIR (or will it now show me anything for which I am not skilled) or am I looking for something closer to the initials as listed for training, VMUAYS. I know I've got the right company, but I know there are several different lines.

Oh, also, it appears the pay for those hours is on a per contact basis, unless I'm reading that wrong, and I was wondering how that has worked out for anyone who has been paid that way versus by the minute.

Thanks in advance.
  2. rsoler

rsoler New Member

TriciaC,

That looks like it is an error...you should not have vir it should be VM and it would not be pay per contact basis. The spectrum should show the per min rate or hr wage? whichever the skill offers..I have never seen that happen and I've been with West for over a year unless is something new I DON'T know about. But I think is a definite error please call pal immediately.
    RO
  3. steph

steph New Member

Vir Means AYS for which is full customer service for vm VMU is the activation line only. So, if you trained for ays which is full cust. serv. for vm than you would choose vir. if you trained for activation line than vmu. Also pay per contact is a recent change and we are hoping that they come to thier senses on this one.
  4. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Steph,

That's strange the per contact pay I mean never heard of that...now I do remember the ays thing after i posted my comment I recollected. But the pay per contact is strange I hope that's not a way of them paying less as opposed pay per min? cause, that would be awful let me know exactly, how it works because I am interested in that line and I want to make sure that if is ever offered to me I am clear on the pay thing? thanks for info
    RO
  5. steph

steph New Member

This is something they just started in the last week or so and let me tell you I am not sure about it either. Sunday, I worked two hours and only received 10 calls. Which means I made ten dollars for the whole two hours. In order, to make money per contact you have to slam the calls out but you can not always do that because you have to troubleshoot problems in an effort to correct them and if nothing works you have to do an investigation which can make you be on the call as long as thirty mins. which means you only made a 1.00 or 90.c whichever rate per contact you are on. I make sure to handle my cust. with the best quality customer service there is but that will mean not making a good paycheck because of the rate per contact. I am not one to linger on a call to make more money either, I am simply for the customer and doing what it takes to handle them and make sure they are satisfied or followed vm policy. If you asked me the quality scores are going to go down because people are going to rush thru the calls to make money. I have already had cust. complained to me that other reps rush them and appreciate my patience with them. Believe me I know what I am doing to so I am not taking alot of time on calls either. If they do continue with this and the pay is not good I hope I am offered an other skill. I really love vm though, the customers for the most part are nice, it can be fun and different. It is not just cust. serv. it is data entry too. Sorry, for the length but I am a little discouraged.
  6. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Steph,

I here you[​IMG] that is a setback 1/2 I THOUGHT they would pay more but if that's the case that is poor on VM behalf. Your right that will bring down the quality of service cause people need to get paid and that is no compensation whatsoever...it's sad because VM I heard use to pay high per min rate and the transition sucks...[​IMG] I hope it changes or you get another skill soon GOOD LUCK![​IMG]
    ro
  7. smokeyssmokette

smokeyssmokette New Member

steph: f they do continue with this and the pay is not good I hope I am offered an other skill.
    the way i understand it is, it's harder getting additional skills when your on one of the dedicated lines, like vm, $h*pn*c, H$n and DR
    with any of those lines you won't be able to cross train with any of the others like vm u can't cross train $h*p, etc.
  8. steph

steph New Member

Smokeyssmokette,

I was not aware of that but I already decided to weathered out the storm because I truly love working on the vm project. I honestly, think they are going to have to rethink this one. Per contact rate might work and be more beneficial on other skills like tru but with VM it can be tough. We have to trouble shoot some calls when they are having issues with phones not working, some times we have to review over the accts. to determine if a credit is warrantied and this alone can take some time. Maybe in time, I will get faster with the steps and could put the calls out. I have only been on full cust. vm for two months now. They are trying to get the alc down.
  9. steph

steph New Member

also on one of my prev. posts where I stated that I worked two hours on Sunday and took 10 calls bringing only ten dollars it was not because I was not fast. it was a slow day and the calls were not coming back to back. Sundays, are usually slower than the other days which is understandable as long as it is not the beginning of the month. On slow days, the per contact is waste of your time. 10 dollars dont even get you alot of gas these days. But, every company makes changes in an effort to better themselves so I will give this time because I think they will realize this is not fair.
  10. TriciaC

TriciaC New Member

Just for the record I did not find the ppc to be beneficial on my first two shifts ever [​IMG]
  11. steph

steph New Member

Just hang in there. Hopefully this will change reall soon. [​IMG]