For anyone who wants to work from home .....Customer Service...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by kathyg, Dec 14, 2005.

1. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Reply to the email they sent you and enquire about the status. Sometimes you may not get emails due to spam filter problems
  2. Eagle_One

Eagle_One New Member

hello,

newbie here. just arrived here in jersey as an immigrant form the philippines for about a month now. i am a manger in the corporate world back in Manila but as I realized work here in the US is hard to come by. I have chanced upon this forum and it seems interesting. I've heard of "WEST" back in Manila. Wondering If this the same call center kathy is advertising here.

pls advise..
  3. Eric Buck

Eric Buck New Member

Kathy,

Thank you for posting this. My cousin is actually looking into this right now!

Eric
  4. dsanchez112

dsanchez112 New Member

Quoting: Eagle_OneI've heard of "WEST" back in Manila. Wondering If this the same call center kathy is advertising here.

West does have actual brick and mortar centers. so it could very well be the same.
  5. lane38

lane38 New Member

hi,

I would like to have some information send about contracts that
    engage with taking orders for infomericals seen on tv. One I would be interested in Hsn
  6. lane38

lane38 New Member

hi,
    I would like to get some information on HSN for customer service
    work at home
  7. tdelarosa

tdelarosa New Member

Hi! i just joined this forum today, and i was reviewing this information and i think it is quite interesting. I would also like to get some information on this. could you provide a website or link to apply at?
  8. arizona

arizona New Member

Hi Kathy,

I have been reading the posts about you working at West. My daughter, who is 19 but has never been employed, is interested in working from home. Early July she will be moving from AZ to SC, with her fiance, and after discussing the endless possibilities of working from home, she thinks this would be the best solution.
    My husband and I are both employed in the travel industry, and she is quite familiar with bookings, etc. from traveling, etc.

My questions are as follows: (if you don't mind answering!)
    1. Since she has no "real" experience, do you feel that would she even be considered? She is organized, and can accurately type approx. 25wpm from taking her online courses while homeschooling.
    2. Does West, or any legitimate agency, offer any data entry type of positions or something that does not include call center/customer service?
    3. Are weekend or evening hours required? She is considering taking some classes but wants to work as well.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your reply!
    L Milliorn
    Glendale, AZ [​IMG]
  9. travisandjamie0

travisandjamie0 New Member

I would like to try and replace what I make now which is approx 2200 a mo. Can you tell me if it is worth it to even try?
  10. unauka20

unauka20 New Member

travisandjamieo
    Hello,
    It is definitely worth it to try, if you have your goals in place. The first thing I would suggest is to write down your goals for now and the future. It is possible to make that kind of income or more working from home with a legitimate business. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Ululani
    Big Island of Hawaii
  11. robertlaf

robertlaf New Member

Quoting: beast69I filled out the initial for on their web site and it took a month or 2 before I got an e-mail that said they were accepting more agents and that I could continue with the certification process.
    I got in 7 days ago right away. Now is a good time to join as they are accepting people as far as I know, you don't have to wait like person above. You will be trained and ready for the Christmas rush too, some great extra money there when weather is bad and I can't paint. I think it is a good company from what I have seen. The great part is the flexibility of your hours. There is a lot of training though, not hard but a lot to remember.
    I got lazy and failed my first test of 11 you have to take eventually, it was my 6th test but passed it on the second try (test is same 2nd time and you only get 2 trys).
  12. myspacefortunes

myspacefortunes New Member

I really appreciate all of the information about the "west" company. My mom has been looking for something to do from home and it has been frustrating trying to teach her all of the in's and out's of internet marketing.

I will definitely have to check this out for her: does anyone know if it is Better Business Bureau approved??

Thanks for the info again and if anyone ever has any questions about myspace marketing...feel free to ask: it is an amazing market to advertise to

Holly
  13. workingwhen

workingwhen New Member

Kathy,
    I registered as a West agent a few weeks ago and just finished my Direct Response training. Question: it seems when I am going through some of the practice screens and trying some of the products that they have a lot of upsells. Do you get many objections from customers when you work these calls?
  14. alemiszki

alemiszki New Member

Kathy [​IMG]

I'm the wife of a United States Marine, and on a military wives forum there was a LOT of talk about West at home. I decided to try it out a couple of weeks ago, and today I got my email saying I could begin the background check/certification process (I'm sure you remember). I'm extremely nervous and excited at the same time. My problem is that I don't want to get my hopes up too high so is there any advice you could give me? How much time am I devoting and how much money can I expect to make? Obviously, being a military couple, my husband and I could use as much as possible. Is West At Home going to provide me with as much of an income as say a normal part time or full time job?
  15. robertlaf

robertlaf New Member

Quoting: workingwhenDo you get many objections from customers when you work these calls?
    Good question, I hate upsells, haven't aken any calls yet so I don't know the answer but am certified on DR too. I have 2 weeks to start or I have to re-certify.
  16. wahmliz

wahmliz New Member

This may seem like a stupid question, but I was wondering about the type of corporation that West requires. Is an LLC considered a corporation? I'd really prefer to go that route than to start an S or C type corporation. Will West accept LLC's?
  17. thb750284

thb750284 New Member

I personally would not recommend West...although, I currently work for them now. Definitely , do not expect to become rich, but do expect low pay and wasted time. What I mean by that is that you may be scheduled for 40 hrs but may actually only work 20-25 hrs. I value having wasted 20-15 hrs where I could have been more productive. IF working "40" hrs every week for two weeks and making 400-500 or less sound good to you then great, but for me it is just gas money;however, I do not work 40 hrs a week any more. Tested it for a month, thank god I have a great full time job. At west you do not get paid when your are sitting there waiting for the phone to ring. In a hour shift, you can just get one phone call. It has happen to me many times. I do understand that everything is relative, but when you do the math it is barely minimum wage. They had a guaranteed rate, but quickly did away with it. The company is very unorganized and inconsistent.
  18. tryhardtomakeit

tryhardtomakeit New Member

does anyone have any information about homeworkmadeez, (stuffing envelopes). will i be uspset if i spend $58 for there order kit. or is this company going to take my money and i will not not make any. please help me.. i need to start makeing an additonal income for my house hold.
  19. julia4007

julia4007 New Member

Hi
    I am desperately looking for some job thast I can do from home. I am good at organising, counselling, public relations, and typing dtas. couple of times i got cheated by companies through the net, and looking for some genuine work. I am from India. can anyonle hel
  20. Berni

Berni New Member

I also work for West, and yes you get leary about giving out SSN, but for any job you have to if you want to get paid. Mine was used to do my background check, and to set up direct deposit of my checks into my bank account. I have not had any problems with them.