Fortune Hi-tech Marketing

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Bikepilot, Jun 30, 2007.

1. It is so unfortunate that the FHTM reps who claim Paul Orberson is a GOD just cannot see through the smog to get to the truth. He preaches so many fallacies that its hard to figure out what is real and what is BS.

Let me address some of these known facts.

1. Orberson was in Excel and is the SELF-PROCLAIMED highest paid rep in that company. There is absolutely no proof of this claim other than the BS story he himself tells.

2. Orberson did not come out of retirement to clean out the industry and create a company for reps. He did move back to Lexington and start Fortune because his first wife caught him cheating on him, divorced him and took most of his millions. His lifestyle suffered and he needed money.

3. How can one claim that he puts God first as a true Christian when he got a divorce because he couldn't keep his thing in his pants and was spanking another woman?

4. Nobody that gets into FHTM today has the same opportunity to make the kind of money the top 6 do because those guys were paid big bucks, got special deals, ownership interest and brought their down-lines from Excel.

5. Forbes said FHTM was a fast growing company 8 years ago. What they never said is FHTM was a legal company. Forbes has never evaluated MLM's for legitimacy.

6. Orberson has done a great job of buying articles in 2nd and 3rd rate magazines to make himself look like a guru when he is merely a crook.

7. Why has GE threatened FHTM with a trademark infringement lawsuit if they didn't remove their coveted logo from the FHTM Office assistant and literature. According to the FHTM rhetoric GE is a partner of FHTM. WOW, how can that be? Same happened with DuPont. Was it all a big lie to make them look legitimate? Isn't that how the story from FHTM reps goes, "All of these major fortune 100 companies wouldn't do business with fortune or partner with us if we were illegal"? That is a crock of crap!

8. The washed up has been ex AG's that FHTM recently hired couldn't find their way out of a box ??“ let alone determine if FHTM has a legal or illegal compensation plan. If the ex-Reagan assistant AG (Hammerschmidt) didn't know they were illegal from the beginning, why have others overheard her say they are illegal and Orberson paid her in equity to shut her up?

9. Bottom line ??“ they are ILLEGAL PYRAMID SCAM. They haven't been shut down yet because most states dont have the money to investigate after being burdened with Bank and Mortgage fraud.

10. Two class actions in one year, multiple AG's investigating their pyramid scheme....Not a good sign for these guys. Just my two cents from California.
  2. joshsmith249 New Member

First let me give my disclaimer.
    FHTM is a legit company, and has everyday products to sell. The products they have are paid on a monthly basis which brings in residual income. The lawsuit in Montana was settled. From what I know of it people were flashing $$$ and recruiting without giving all the facts. I have not kept up with the current status of the 2 California lawsuits.

That being said, I have once upon a time been in FHTM. I can say the compensation plan isn't the best in the world compared to other companies. I can also say that in order to change an existing customer from Dish or any other product to be under you requires them to leave Dish for a period of 3 months. SO you can't just switch customers to be under you.

Another thing you must take in consideration is the Paul Orberson story. I believe he is an honest man, but the millions he made was not in network marketing. When he was with Excel he purchased area codes which was where most of his money was coming from.

If you are wanting to get into FHTM make sure it is a right fit. I have a company that fits me like a glove, and I would never go back to FHTM.
  3. RICH4NURICHE New Member

I've went to one of their presentations some time back at the request of a relative. I was savvy about the business model and was immediately privy to the numbers and "quotes" or "sayings" from the guy doing all the talking. I viewed it as a recruiting machine. Unfortunately, my 4 relatives were already involved. I'm sure they won't see their money back later down the road. Now one of my relatives has finally vented out her frustration about several things. I had warned her to be careful. Now it's just a matter of time before the others will see they will not get far with that co. They needed to be diligent about researching the whole thing before making a decision to get involved. I saw how the payouts were constructed. I recommend staying clear of this company.
  4. Bikepilot

FHTM operates a promotional pyramid scheme according to the Montana Securities Commissioner.

1. It has a C- rating with the Kentucky BBB.

2. It is under investigation by a dozen or so Attorneys General offices for fraud and running an illegal pyramid.

3. There have been hundreds of news reports and expose's written about Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing in the past year. None of them were positive.

4. There are 2 major national class action lawsuits pending in Federal Court.

5. 99.9% of participants lose money according to the company's own Income Disclosure Documents for 2009. Since that time they have changed the pay plan to make it even harder to earn big money.
  5. joshsmith249

You have this opinion because that is what you are told. You have no facts to back up your statements. YOU ARE WRONG!
  6. FHTM tries to wiggle out of legal action from DUPONT!

FHTM is no longer authorized to use the DuPont name, logo, or trademark in any way. FHTM should immediately discontinue the use of any materials containing the DuPont logo. Our right to use DuPont's name, logo and trademark was revoked because FHTM abused the system by creating and distributing unapproved marketing materials that displayed the DuPont logo.
  7. The problem I have with the FHTM compliance document regarding DuPont is it is all bullshit.

The truth is that FHTM never had permission from DuPont, in the 1st place, to use its logo, trade name or trademark. There was never a partnership or agreement between the 2 companies. FHTM took it upon itself to use the logo in all of its corporate produced business presentations for years and then blame the issue on the IR's in order to save its ass from a major lawsuit. Hang the reps out to dry again Paul, so sweet.
  8. IT looks like FHTM has problems with DuPont as they just notified all IR's to cease and desist using the DuPont logo (no relationship exists) and DuPont has REVOKED all right that FHTM assumed they had. No partnership. Who will be next. This is hilarious how FHTM blames it on the reps again instead of their own arrogance and lies.
  9. DuPont tells FHTM to cease and desist using its name, logo and trademark. AT&T drops FHTM. What a week to be an independent IR.
    Businesses built on a house of lies usuaslly crumble eventually
  10. According to FHTM:
    FHTM is no longer authorized to use the DuPont name, logo, or trademark in any way. FHTM should immediately discontinue the use of any materials containing the DuPont logo. Our right to use DuPont's name, logo and trademark was revoked because FHTM abused the system by creating and distributing unapproved marketing materials that displayed the DuPont logo.

According to the real world:
    How can this be true when the DuPont logo has been part of the FHTM corporate created business presentation DVD for years? The only reason they blame the reps for this is to shield themselves from a major trademark infringement lawsuit. FHTM never had a partnership or any relationship with DuPont, yet they took it upon themselves to represent they did in an effort to make themselves legal. Surprise...surprise.
  11. Since WHAS11 broke this news story in 2010 the following major events have occurred:

1. Peter Lamas dropped FHTM
    2. Cease and desist letters from GE, Travelocity, Time Inc and Dupont were sent to FHTM regarding the unauthorized use of these company's coveted logos and names. How can that be if FHTM was partnered with each and every one of those entities.
    3. The FBI & FTC opened investigations into FHTM
    4. Almost a dozen AG's have open investigations or demand letters to FHTM for production of documents including Texas, NC and Kentucky.
    5. The KY BBB still ranks Fortune with a "C-" rating although it should probably be less
    6. USA Today has done a major expose on their business practices of Fortune HI-Tech
    7. Paul Orberson did not make it onto the Opray show.
    8. AT&T dropped FHTM and other carriers are looking into FHTM's unauthorized use of their logos and names to purport an aura of legitimacy
    9. Dateline NBC is investigating the company.
    10. 2 class action lawsuits
  12. FHTM named as a company under investigation as part of the Nationwide Joint Investigation between FTC and Attorneys General known as "Operation Empty Promises"
  13. FreeCashMan Active Member

Well for those in FHTM. Don't give up. It happens. Take a deep breath and get back to pursuing opportunity elsewhere.

Life will have it's challenges and that includes business life.
  14. Rumor has it that FHTM is about to implode as 4 of its top money earners seek other companies for their teams. How much will the leaders be paid to convince you to go elsewhere now. I bet they will get MILLIONS. What will you get when they leave you in the dust? Good luck!
  15. soccermom 72 New Member

Looks to me like a lot a whole lot of people are having quite a bit of success with FHTM. I just googled FHTM and after sifting though some of the negative and positive info on the first couple of pages I found www.thefortunelifestyle.com. Of course they are not going to post negative stories there but it appears that FHTM does work for some people....Just sayin.
  16. RICH4NURICHE New Member

Update, my relatives don't even talk about fhtm. The plave where they had their meets/presentations closed up shop and disappeared. I agree with FREE CASHMAN! Don't give up, get back up and drive on!
  17. Harmonydream New Member

kevvvvshep
    Omg.....could not stop reading your post....hilarious....especially the "douche" comments.
    I UNFORTUNATELY just signed up today but now after all my research I want my money back.
    I'm way smarter than this.....so mad my friend sucked me in.
    Ugh!!!

M
  18. clark kent New Member

talfighel
    Very true, as well as a postive attitude, determination and persistence should be thrown in for good measure, along with patience.