Forum Marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by katereber, May 19, 2011.

1. katereber

katereber New Member

Forum marketing can really help us to generate more traffic to our website. It helps to make your website stand out from the crowd.

Here are some guide to effectively use forum marketing.

> Find the right forums
    > Create an account as soon as possible
    > Check the user agreement and posting guidelines
    > Pick a good user name and avatar
    > Create a compelling profile
    > Introduce yourself
    > Spend some time lurking
    > Make valuable contributions to the community
    > Put your website's address in your signature
    > Stay away from drama
    > Create win-win marketing campaigns
    > Be careful how you outsource forum marketing

Read more, visit the link below..

http://onlinebusiness.about.com/od/gettingtrafficmarketing/tp/forum-marketing.htm

Thanks..[​IMG]

Charm likes this.
  2. JackDProvost

JackDProvost New Member

Sweet tips [​IMG] I agree on the outsourcing.. You could find yourself in HOT water quick.

3. katereber

katereber New Member

JackDProvost: Sweet tips I agree on the outsourcing.. You could find yourself in HOT water quick.
    Hi there, thanks for appreciation.. For me I like Find the right forum, because some of forums are not active and not allowing signature.. So it is better to make a list of do follow forums..

4. JackDProvost

JackDProvost New Member

Good Idea. I am actually working on doing reviews of different websites, programs and products I am actually considering writing reviews on forums as well.. What forums are well moderated and what forums to stay clear of. I hate forums that are spammed with X-rated material and drug store garbage.

5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Forums comment marketing should be a part of everyone's free marketing methods. One of these best was to get very good quality targeted interested prospects for whatever you offer.

6. katereber

katereber New Member

FreeCashMan: Forums comment marketing should be a part of everyone's free marketing methods. One of these best was to get very good quality targeted interested prospects for whatever you offer.
    Very true. More of business owner are joining forum as a free method to promote their business.. Good thing to know that forum marketing can help us to generate traffic to our website..
    Thanks for sharing, Have a nice day.. [​IMG]

7. jeremybarker

jeremybarker New Member

Forum marketing is a real good way to generate leads but you must work diligently in the forums interacting with other users.

Create a good headline in the signature that would make someone want to click on your ad and find out more about you.

All in all I would recommend that people get on about 4-5 forums and be active in them everyday.

8. ThePhoenix

ThePhoenix New Member

That's definitely the best way to go about forum marketing. Make yourself a valuable resource, and work hard to develop relationships with people!

9. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Kate,

You are so right that forum marketing is a very good place to bring in leads or bring in free traffic to your site or affiliate link.

I have done this for years and it works.

You just don't want to spam forums just for the sake of getting people to click on your link.

10. Takuyah

Takuyah New Member

Thanks for the tip.

Forum marketing is free and effective way to market your product.

You just need to spend sometime on it to get the results.

11. simpleflair

simpleflair New Member

A great check list for someone who's new to forum marketing. It takes time and effort to market a site. I can't believe how many hours I spend a week on forum marketing. You're definitely right about adding valuable content rather than posting something just to get a backlink to your site. We should be able to learn as much as add great resources for a win-win situation.

Paul Anderson likes this.
  12. jamesjesica

jamesjesica New Member

Hello to all. I am from New York and it is my first post in this forum. Thanks for providing this information.

13. mbasa

mbasa Member

To add on everyone's comments, forum marketing also opens a door for learning more things and make great relationships.

14. weebitty

weebitty Member

Forums are very valuable not only in marketing, but you learn so much from others Plus you also, in most cases, keep from getting scammed if you are new and ask questions about companys you have run across.

You make online friends and learn how others work their business and organize their time and money. Some are moderated correctly and some are not. Most of the forums have great moderators that keep the communities safe for all of us. Also a word of advice to all when you go to a forum READ THE RULES. they are there for reason. You can get yourself banned very quickly in some of them if you don't mind your manners so to speak. [​IMG]

15. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

weebitty: you learn so much from others
    That is the purpose of the forums, not "marketing" but learning about marketing.
    Forums are an extremely effective place to attract like minded marketers,
    but only if you are NOT MARKETING and offer valid input or questions.
    Nothing turns me off faster than someone desperate to sell me something.
    I'd rather see "dumb questions" that provoke thoughtful answers.

16. utkarsh9211

utkarsh9211 New Member

Forums are very valuable not only in marketing, but you learn so much from others Plus you also, in most cases, keep from getting scammed if you are new and ask questions about companys you have run across.
    Its nice.............................[​IMG]

17. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

There are so many forums out there. This and warrior are the only forums I am active in when it comes to work at home and internet marketing. I come here with questions or give input when I can.

I participate in forums and have moderated forums in my niche. I was able to add links and it was and is profitable. Now I own my own forum, and it's not as much of a cake walk as I had thought as some don't always play nice. It's a learning experience for sure.

If you are an affiliate marketer chances are good the product that you promote can be useful on some forums. Read the TOS very carefully prior to posting. I have been banned before. [​IMG]

18. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

robinincarolina: This and warrior are the only forums I am active in when it comes to work at home and internet marketing.
    Thanks for your words of appreciation Robin! It really made my day [​IMG]

19. everythingsimpl

everythingsimpl New Member

Robin, this was asked somewhere else but since you have first hand experience I'll ask it again. Do you make income from your forum. If so, is it in the form of advertising and banners?

I agree that forum marketing is a great way to generate free traffic. I wouldn't depend on it solely, but it definitely is another tool you should be using

20. jamess

jamess Member

Forum Marketing or Forum Participation is the effective to generate traffic. And you have elaborated it very well..