Forum Posting- Best way for traffic.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by sarpras, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Benjamin Scott

Benjamin Scott New Member

The main focus in a forum has to be to provide useful information. The power of a forum is being able to network with other marketers. Building brand name. Getting your name out there and maybe even forming partnerships. Provide useful info and traffic to your signature will come natural.
  2. moneyflow

moneyflow New Member

I post to forums to try and increase my website traffic but the reality is that most likely the people who visit your website are not going to be interested in your opportunity because they are trying to promote their own.

Posting to forums is good because if you do it often you can build your link popularity and get more search engine traffic. I also try to SEO my forum posts whenever possible and optimize them for the search engines because some posts can be crawled by spiders and get indexed for certain keywords.
  3. net4pay

net4pay New Member

ARE U SURE THAT 2hr. IS ENOUGH FOR GETTING TRAFFIC FROM FORUM BY FORUM POSTING?
  4. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Forum posting as a source of traffic depends on how much traffic the forum has and how likely they are to visit your website.
  5. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

Posting in forums is a really effective way to discuss and promote your product or services. You get feedback from a varied cross section of people with different opinions; however you should guard against too much self promotion as it can cause overkill and dilute the quality of forums. Patience is a virtue when you post in forums, dont expect instantaneous results
  6. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

Forum posting it great...but very time consuming.

When I had my wholesale business I received a lot of traffic from forum postings. Eventually, the traffic came from other people posting my link in THEIR posts...which is the best way - if you can get others talking about your site.

Dawn
  7. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

The best ways to get traffic for me are:

1. Writing articles: I found this gets lots of traffic. I bought article submitter which submits your articles to hundreds of article directories.

2. Submit your site to directories: I also bought directory submitter which submits to hundreds of directories.

3. Forum participation

4. Google adwords
  8. sarpras

sarpras New Member

It also provide one way link.
  9. champion

champion New Member

If you are posting to forums for the purpose of getting visitors to your website--you are posting for the wrong reason. If you are posting to forums for the purpose of "helping" other people---you are posting for the right reason. If I have learned anything in life, it is this---,If you help other people accomplish what they desire in life, you will accomplish what you desire in life.
  10. libctr

libctr New Member

Hey guys. Your words are encouraging. I used to only read posts at forums and only started posting myself within the past few months. I've learned a lot and am now able to share my experience with others. So, I'll have to report back later on how much traffic I'm getting from forums. It's obviously a free form of advertising, but takes some time. Though, it's probably a great source for those who have very little money to put towords their advertising efforts. I agree with the post above me. Just do your best to help others and you will reap the blessings.
  11. my3hearts

my3hearts New Member

Probably most people are going to forums for the sake of networking. The truth is that it does end up being a really good place to get additional ideas on how to run a decent business. An added bonus is that others may visit your site out of interest.
  12. ipnomad

ipnomad New Member

I have quite a number of forums bookmarked and I try to post in a few every day. I get good traffic from the forums that I am quite active in.
  13. lauraspawn

lauraspawn New Member

I am new to forums, but have spent a long time in the work at home biz. Any advice on how many forums I should be visiting daily to generate a good amount of traffic?
  14. Anna

Anna New Member

I believe the forums do help create traffic on people's websites... I have only been a member here for a short while and I have been to a hundred new websites just from them being in the forums... I am sure there are other ways though that will help a lot more..
  15. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Quoting: lauraspawnI am new to forums, but have spent a long time in the work at home biz. Any advice on how many forums I should be visiting daily to generate a good amount of traffic?

It's not the quantity but quality that counts. And by quality I mean both - the quality of your posts and the quality of the forum. If you post just for the sake of posting, to gain exposure for your website, you are missing the target entirely. Strange it may sound but readers can very easily make out the knowledge and enthusiasm of the poster by reading his posts. Please read the below thread:

Get leads by posting in forums?
  16. Chaz T

Chaz T New Member

I get a significant amount of traffic from this forum through my signature. In fact as I'm looking at my analytical tracking right now I see that this forum is bringing me about 20% of my overall traffic compared to my advertising campaigns. Not bad at all.

But although I appreciate the hits, I really don't expect it to push me over the top. As much as I like posting, I equally love reading and learning about more stuff. And you're right Vishal.... it is about the "quality" of your posts that really sets you apart.

I just made another sale today from a prospect that visited my site through my signature. And I highly doubt it was because he looked at how many posts I made. I'd like to think it was because I built some credibility with him through one or several of my postings.
  17. roger

roger New Member

I was introduced to this forum by my Director and I'm glad I'm here.
    Not only for the self-promotion part - which is a good thing because if we don't do it ourselves who the heck will?? - but also for what I learn from reading other posts.

Thanks to everyone for your contribution!

[​IMG]

Roger
  18. noboss

noboss New Member

Forum posting can be a great way to get more traffic to your website / blog. There are many other ways to as well.

I would say to not just do strictly forum posting, but start a blog if you have not allready.

Delecia
  19. ianb

ianb New Member

Quoting: tinabee800 visitors per week.

I am impressed. How many forums are you posting to per day? I have never considered forums as a traffic source. Normally I just search them for answers to questions I might have.
  20. Pheleeto

Pheleeto New Member

These forums are definetly a great way to get your name out there. Its also a great way to showcase you knowledge and experience gained from being in free enterprise.
    With that in mind its very important to never limit yourself to one particular avenue of advertising. You need to explore as amny avenues available to you in order truely pinpoint which ones are the most effective based on what you have to offer. You have to find your niche when it comes to the most effective way of marketing, advertising and promoting your business service or product.
    That only comes from having experience in more than one area. Never forget about the 80/20 rule. You don't want to waste or spend too much time in the wrong areas, when you could really be capitalizing in others.