Forum Posting- Best way for traffic.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by sarpras, Jun 23, 2006.

1. formvals

formvals New Member

[​IMG]Hey, would love to help others, but being a newbie i am in need myself. If you have no talent writing and can't afford PPC what is the best ways to get traffic to your site.

Have some good affiliate programs going but?
  2. 600llc

600llc New Member

I agree using forums to drive traffic is a great way to expose yourself and your business. It definitely help out, if your system works everyone should know about it. [​IMG]
  3. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Quoting: formvalsHey, would love to help others, but being a newbie i am in need myself. If you have no talent writing and can't afford PPC what is the best ways to get traffic to your site.

Hi Formvals,

If you have no talent for writing and you have no money to pay anyone to write for you, you might consider seeking someone who can write for you. A perfect source would be a student - perhaps journalist major, a website design major, a speech communications major, a marketing major, or a composition major.

I'd recommend a student that is working on their master's degree. You'd be surprised at how many students would jump at the opportunity to help you in order to put this on their resume so that they can claim job experience.

Students need experience before getting hired. Many students will happily do this for free. It is good for you and good for them!

As far as driving traffic to your site for free, here is my expanded list:

SEO for organic
    articles
    press release
    message boards with a sig link
    free classifieds
    comments on other's blogs with link
    Yahoo directory - $300/year
    Dmoz directory
    Business.com directory
    multiple websites of your own - linking back to the target website
    your blog links back to your website
    Search engine registration
    ask for a review from a high traffic blog owner ($100-$500)
    figure out ways to get a linkback from a higher PR site
    Social Bookmarking
    RSS Submission
    Viral Marketing with ebooks

Best of luck,

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield
  4. ibw13

ibw13 New Member

I think the best thing to do is give useful advice. Not only give useful advice on the post but if you have a blog then offer useful advice because people will bookmark your site and probably even link to it and talk about it.

Thanks
  5. innominds

innominds New Member

Forum participation may be a good source of traffic. In earlier days, it also produced backlinks, but now-a-days, forums are using nofollow tags.

By the way...what is Search engine registration?