FREE Affiliate Marketing??

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by kenwrites, Jul 22, 2010.

1. kenwrites New Member

Not sure where I should post this, so Mods if it needs to be moved....

Ok, so I often get emails from people who are considering buying one of my ebooks or wanting to get into affiliate marketing really cheap. First, let me say something that will sound kind of harsh...If you are having problems deciding to purchase a $5 ebook, you don't want to do affiliate marketing bad enough. Sorry that is the facts. Everybody wants a FREE way to start making money. They expect free to mean easy and effortless. Problem is that FREE generally involves more work on your part. So basically in a nutshell FREE means it is information you have that you will never use. But, I know that doesn't speak to everybody.. For those that truly want a FREE option to break into affiliate marketing and do not have $5 to place on a more informative ebook, I will give you one of the many strategies I have used over the last few years. WARNING: In order for you to profit from this you must WORK.

Step 1 - Find a product in Clickbank that is in a niche you have some knowledge on. Don't over-think this process. Ideally pick three different products One high gravity and two medium gravity.

Step 2 - Find 20-40 good keywords related to your niche and product (aka work). You want to find keywords that have at least 50 searches a day with under 10,000 competitors for that word or word phrase.

Step 3 - Make a buying decision right here, right now. Either get a domain with one of your keywords as the domain and point it directly to the clickbank product sales page or create a FREE blogger Blog and write a review of your product. Personally, I think you should go ahead and spend the $1 on a .info domain, but that's just me.

Step 4 - Create accounts at 15 of the web 2.0 platforms using your keywords as account names. Then write articles. (see work). Make one article for each 2.0 platform using one of your keywords. Different keyword for each of the articles. Create 2 links in each article...one pointing to your main site and one pointing to the previous article on another 2.0 site.

You are creating a link wheel around the main site with the web 2.0 sites.

Step 5 - Promote each article and your site through social bookmarking.

Step 6 - Rinse and repeat

This works. How do I know? I've used it several times when I started out. So there you have it. A FREE way to make money online in affiliate marketing. Question is, will you do it?

I apologize if I sound a bit harsh. But there really is no reason why anybody cannot succeed in their own affiliate marketing business. the only thing that stands in your way is......you.
  2. sarauk New Member

Thanks Ken,

Great advice, the problem is not the spending bit, a lot are welling to spend the money but they are some who do not want to work. They think they can put a website up and make money in minutes! I heard this quote and it applies here, the only way to make it "Early to bed, early to rise Work like hell and advertise" by Ted Turner
  3. Margo Tuul New Member

kenwrites

Good advice, BUT:

You are creating a link wheel, right? Link Wheels are giving you ONLY PR juice. PR- Page Rank. 1 Link Wheel, 1 strong backlink, and usually 10 +-3-4 normal backlinks (if done properly) Total 15 backlinks maybe. 1 page lets say Squidoo linking to your site, rest to Squidoo and around them. Squidoo is like a filter, keeping your out from sandbox and just on the safe side. And passes all juice to your main site.

50 searches per day is 1500 per month, keyword with 5000-10,000 competition, top 10 sites on 1st page in Google, have around 500-2500 backlinks. Sometimes even more.

With a simple link wheel, you are not going to outrank them. Even with 20 link wheels. I have tried that, hired 3 SEO guys (top link wheel creators in Warrior Forum / 5 star ratings), to create 3 wheels for me. Per 1 wheel i got: 30 Web 2.0 sites (all unique), 8 videos for video marekting, 20 articles, all sites bookmarked, RSS, UAW submission and 400 blog comments. I needed to outrank site with 600 backlinks (what is nothing really), and i didn't. My page rank improved a lot.. backlinks and link wheels, are different things, 1 is for outranking and getting higher results. Other is for Page Rank mostly.

My advice for link wheels: Your site is GOLD, Squidoo is Silver, Rest is Bronze. Never link straight to your site. If something goes wrong, Squidoo works as filter, and keeps your site safe.
  4. kenwrites New Member

That's funny. I've been doing this off and on for a year and steady making profit within 30 - 60 days. Maybe someone should tell Google they're doing something wrong...lol

There is more to looking at the Top ten other than backlinks. That is only one factor. Articles on 2.0 sites can have a mess load of backlinks and get knocked off rather easily.

Plus , don't confuse this with BH SEO practice. This is why I say to create content for each of these sites. The end result is that the reader is offered value and is pointed to your site. Throwing a bunch of useless words filled with keywords, will get you smacked on the hand by Google every time. All the SEO experts in the world will not prevent that.

I guess you missed the point of the exercise. Taking the excuse from newbies who don't believe it can be done without a lot of money.
  5. kenwrites New Member

margo24: With a simple link wheel, you are not going to outrank them.
    You know maybe it's just hot outside. maybe it's too many people SAYING something cannot be done. I don't know, but this kinda stuff irritates me just a little. Too many people looking earnestly for a way to better their lives only to keep having things shot down.

I also know that it is just words until someone actually puts it out there, day by day that indeed it can be done.

Now I have always been the type of guy who will tell you flat out "Prove it to me". Not sure how to do that exactly over the net without "giving" people niches but I am going to give it a try.

So here'e the deal, best I can think of how to do it..I am open to other suggestions but until then....

Monday July 26 I am going to start an entire new site using the above business model. Right now I do not have all my keywords but my main keyword I do have. The keyword has just a bit stiffer competition than I like for this method, but I am going with it anyway. Afterall, this is strictly to show that you CAN indeed rank with the Big Boys when you research your keywords (the work)

My keyword has roughly 100 exact searches daily with 25,600 competitors for the exact search term. Half of the competition on page one of Google are PR 4 sites.

I am shooting for the Number 4 spot but I'll settle for any spot on page one for this niche and keyword.

I will use nothing but free methods except that I will get a .info domain name. I will set everything in motion on Monday and give ya'll a bit more information as I progress. Once I see that pages are indexed and moving along I will divulge the keyword and the site name. Fair enough? I can guarantee you the site will be on page one using the above technique within 30 days.
  6. mountainmom5 Gold Member

kenwrites: I will use nothing but free methods except that I will get a .info domain name. I will set everything in motion on Monday and give ya'll a bit more information as I progress. Once I see that pages are indexed and moving along I will divulge the keyword and the site name. Fair enough? I can guarantee you the site will be on page one using the above technique within 30 days.
    Love it! [IMG]
  7. mountainmom5 Gold Member

kenwrites: Create accounts at 15 of the web 2.0 platforms using your keywords as account names. Then write articles. (see work). Make one article for each 2.0 platform using one of your keywords. Different keyword for each of the articles. Create 2 links in each article...one pointing to your main site and one pointing to the previous article on another 2.0 site.
    I am going to expose myself a bit here - but I am not sure what you are talking about here... I am chomping at the bit to try this with a niche I discovered just to test it, but am not sure what you are talking about when you say 2.0 platform....

See, I just simply don't know everything yet.[IMG]
  8. happywife Gold Member

mountainmom5: not sure what you are talking about when you say 2.0 platform....See, I just simply don't know everything yet.
    You do know. You just don't know you know. [IMG]

That would be things like Squidoo, hubpages, blogs, facebook, SBI's C2, etc. Interactive sites where the users can contribute.
  9. kenwrites New Member

We are all learning from you mountainmom...We are still awaiting the full returns on UAW [IMG]

2.0 are places like Squidoo, Hub Pages, Wetpaint, Xanga, liveJournal, gather, zimbio, ning, topix, weebly, blogger wordpress, you tube and many others.

I'm gonna PM you.
  10. mountainmom5 Gold Member

happywife: That would be things like Squidoo, hubpages, blogs, facebook, SBI's C2, etc. Interactive sites where the users can contribute.
    LOL! Thanks and yes, I do know that then. Never heard them referred to in that manner. hehe.

Right now, my brain is whirring with so many things I am trying to do that if I am not careful I can see myself spinning and not getting any further... thus defeating the whole purpose of learning new stuff.

So I will just stick with what I have going right now for a few more weeks until I have a pattern set and THEN try a new technique.

I had lost my momentum there for awhile with all the camping and stuff we were doing but am getting back into a schedule where I get the important stuff each day and THAT is what gets me results.[IMG]

There is just so many possibilities - I wish you could just THINK it all into existence!![IMG]
  11. happywife Gold Member

mountainmom5: There is just so many possibilities - I wish you could just THINK it all into existence!!
    So true! I really have to limit myself - hence, my sporatic visits to this forum (and other fun places).

I find I can easily fritter away an entire day reading the newest pre-launch stuff being passed around, visiting forums, etc., and not really make some genuine progress on what I already know is working brilliantly.

That's when I tell myself to get the blinders back on and focus. It's much too easy for me to get caught up in "interesting" but not the best use of my time "activities."

Okay, a few more minutes browsing around here and I'm going back to "work!"

Have fun!
    Angie