Free Classified Sites Are you making sales from them?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by onedumbaussie, Jan 7, 2011.

1. onedumbaussie

onedumbaussie New Member

Free classified sites ahve been around for ever, there are thousands of them out there.

My question is are they getting views by BUYERS or are they full of yours and my ads?

Example, If I want to make money from home how many people would go to say craigslist to get info?

Is anyone coverting from Free classified sites or is all that tedious posting just so we feel like we did something today?

Please share your experience.

Thanks All

ODA
  2. Elysium

Elysium New Member

onedumbaussie

I have had some good results from free classifieds. I don't get "buyers" (I don't really sell things), but I usually average about 2-4 people a week who either join or request more info on the opportunity I post.

Couldn't say if they are people searching for opportunities, or if they are just posting their own and then look at mine... but it does seem to work either way.

I generally avoid craigslist since they seem to be anti-biz, but I seem to get decent results from Backpage.
  3. stwist

stwist New Member

I have had some luck with craigslist. The ads get flagged alot but if you post your link along with the ad you will have people at least looking at what you're offering.
  4. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Classified advertising requires steady consistent posting. Results will really depend on what you are marketing and how you are marketing.

I know of someone that was doing okay with a paid ad on craigslist in the California area, but results do vary.
  5. onedumbaussie

onedumbaussie New Member

Thanks for the help so far,
    I will give backpage a go.

What about paid classified advertising , Know any decent sites?

Anyone else having a win?
  6. weblearner

weblearner New Member

Free classifieds are very good for advertising. Yes I use this process of marketing; I have tested 400+ free classified. But some tactic gives you maximum benefit. At first try some good free classified. Use at least 30 good free classified. From my experience it is not good for affiliate marketing(pay per sale).
  7. I was having great success with Classified ads on ebay, Vivastreet and Gumtree.

All these sites ranked well in the search engines and I received a lot of traffic from them, but ebay.co.uk no longer has classified ads, Vivastreet stopped allowing clickable links in their ads and Gumtree changed their policy on renewing ads.

The only one I use now is Craigslist, but not for Home Biz style ads.
  8. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

At one stage I had about 200 ads on free ad sites but only one ever ranked - and that was on Yahoo! As far as the analytics went - there was b-all traffic from them either. But as FreeCashMan said, it depends a lot on your site and product.
  9. westfam11

westfam11 Member

If you pick the correct keywords you will be found on google and other search engines when people type in the keywords.

They don't even have to be looking on craigslist. They will be searching a topic or keyword on a search engine and then if you have the proper keyword in your ad it can pop up when they are searching.

It can really work but it does take a lot of time doing keyword research and using terms you can be found for on the search engines.
  10. mreese601

mreese601 Member

I try to post on craigslist and backpage every other day and I have made some money from it. Don't know if it's worth the time I put in yet. I'm actually doing some testing this week. But from what I learn so far it's a good place to test your ads.