Free or Paid Advertising?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by changemylife, Nov 2, 2007.

1. changemylife

changemylife New Member

SouthBank63,

If free is working for you, do what works. My advertising strategy is very straight forward when people join my team. I tell them to use free advertising until they get there qualifying sales.

Once they are in profit; take half of their initial earnings and put it in their pocket and the other half back into advertising. This immediately kicks their sales into over-drive!

Something to consider...

-God Bless
  2. stacy

stacy New Member

Changedmylife,

You may not want to share this info with me, but I am curious how you post multiple ads on Craig's List? I am just getting started, but I though their policy states that you cannot post in multiple categories or multiple areas. Do you use 1000 different email addresses when advertising? Just curious how you get around that. I've posted an ad with each of my websites, but no traffic yet.
  3. changemylife

changemylife New Member

Hi Stacy!

Unfortunately, that info is what I teach my team. Although I will say posting through the Craig's List web interface is not it. You can do it; but it is not an effective use of your time.

Also, the web interface limits your posting flexibility.

Craig's List has tried many things to prevent people from posting in multiple cities. Once they change one thing; we figure out a way around it. Free forms of advertising are great. I encourage people to use a combination of free and paid. What is your line of business? You cannot advertise here, but you can tell me the industry.

The most important thing to remember, "Cast your hook in active waters?" What do I mean?" Lets say, you have a travel business and am fishing for travel clients or new team members. You would not post a travel ad in an automotive forum.

This dramatically decreases your chances of a sale, because the ad does not fit. You get where I am going.

Here is a gold nugget: If you generate at least 40 to 50 optins a day! You will earn a minium of 6 figures a year. I do not care if you market lotions, potions, vitamins or travel. Internet marketing is all about traffic and relationships. To build the relationships you must have the traffic.

There is a direct parallel between optins and your bank account.

GO BIG or GO HOME!
  4. wendykrick

wendykrick New Member

100% of my budget is free. I do social networking sites, blogs and articles.
    ~Wendy
  5. formvals

formvals New Member

[​IMG] Have tried many forms of free advertising without much luck, would be interested in which ones you have had success with. Have a great website, but need marketing help.

Thanks
  6. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

I love free advertising. There is nothing to lose at all. The internet has made it possible to do alot of things we couldnt in the past and it has changed the way people market. I see forums such as this as a great way to advertise. I get many people that contact me for the content I place here.

Forums are loved by the search engines. If you do a google search for Adam Frederick + Coastal Vacations or A-Team + Coastal Vacations many of my post on this very forum come up. What even better is you get to meet and network with a large group of people. Another forum I use alot is Ryze.

It also helps to have something free to offer. People will join a free program or download a free product and thats a great way to build a list. People buy from people they like so give good advice and add content to the forums.

Writing articles is a great way to advertise for free. Being an expert will bring you leads. In addition I place ads everywhere I can for free. Do a google search to find some.

Now if you are looking to advertise be sure to have a good signature line. I always click on peoples links before I contact them. I always want to know what they are involved in so we have something to talk about when I contact them. If they have a good site it might be something ill join.

Take a look at my links and give me your feedback.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director
    Founder of A-Team CV FREE Apprentice Program
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  7. TTrimarche

TTrimarche New Member

I have done very well with Viral ads also free
  8. yourgain2

yourgain2 New Member

Yes Free advertising is good, but I am sick to death of my inbox's being full then spending hours clicking on ads just to earn credits to be able to mail to the same kind of person on the otherside of the computer!!! Doesn't everyone agree? Very frustrating!!!

Found another one today though, that is FREE advertsing and seems to be living up to it's hype. Will keep you posted

Happy to let any of you know about it out there [​IMG]
  9. chriskirk2

chriskirk2 New Member

I AM NEW AND NOT SURE HOW TO EVEN BEGN TO ADVERTISE THE OFFERS i am able to provide NOT VERY BUSINESS MINDED BUT I AM very willing to learn due to im TIRED OF DAILY GRIND OF GOING IN TO WORK TO DO WHAT OTHERS WANT SO THEY CAN GET THE PROFITS I BRING IN AND I GET THE MINIMUM THEY THINK I DESERVE can any one help show me the way
  10. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

Always be careful before purchase any programs[​IMG]

Hi, I have been internet business for a while.

For several years, many of internet business programs,and scams

were established, and spread out through internet.

Be sure, most of programs will make money to seller of programs,

not you or buyer!

You can always go to forums and free boards, and ask first before

you purchase them even though those are reliable programs and,

you really want~

Thank you

Good luck to all of you~

Happy day~^^[​IMG]
  11. teamlead

teamlead New Member

Wow that is impressing, I think it is great though if you can earn this much in a week. Unfortunately you have not mentioned anything about the program, checked the site and must give personal info, I like staight forward websites myself, the ones that don't place you before you have a chance to look over the business model. However hats off to your success and if interested in advertising in good places check out the new site that opened for businesses and like minded people. Socialize and meet people at the ebiz club.
  12. Amen

Amen Guest

Hi,
    Just want to know how is possible to put 1000 ads on CL?
    I posted 10 ads per day for 3 weeks and got ghosted. :(((
    I have tried different titles, different contents,different accounts,different IP Address,... with no luck.No one can see my ads anymore.It was working very good but now I'm really frustrated with CL.Plz help.
  13. David Bryant

David Bryant New Member

I use both free and paid advertising. They both work. Free advertising takes more of your time to do.
    It is a slower process. Paid advertise is much faster. Of course I like paid advertising better then free because
    of the speed of it. But you must remember that all paid advertising is not good advertising.
    Do you research.
  14. Changemylife.. I'm just wondering what type of niche you are in to..? Also, if you're earning $9,000 a week, what type of free advertising do you do?
  15. jamess

jamess Member

Free advertising is great idea this gives you great traffic for your business..