Free PHP Contact Form with Spam Protection

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by Vishal P. Rao, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

rdkelsey: There are a lot of links throughout this site that point to the "Contact Form" ... each of the links is a URL like the above, to identify which page the user clicked the "Contact From" link from ... this shows us which pages get the most queries and helps know how people are using the site.

The link "ID" needs to pass through the contact form and into the email.
    It can be done Robert. I don't remember getting your email. I'll work on the code and let you know. As I'm on a vacation now, it might take a couple of days.

2. jpyarger

jpyarger New Member

hi I am getting this error:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/vhosts/angelettimd.com/httpdocs/contact.php:5) in /var/www/vhosts/angelettimd.com/httpdocs/forms/securimage.php on line 422

3. jpyarger

jpyarger New Member

also how could I add a "telephone number" field?

4. Vishal P. Rao

jpyarger: Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/vhosts/angelettimd.com/httpdocs/contact.php:5) in /var/www/vhosts/angelettimd.com/httpdocs/forms/securimage.php on line 422
    Please make sure you have this line in the beginning of contact.php:

jpyarger: also how could I add a "telephone number" field?
    Please send me an email with your requirements.

5. rdkelsey

rdkelsey New Member

Vishal P. Rao: It can be done Robert. I don't remember getting your email. I'll work on the code and let you know. As I'm on a vacation now, it might take a couple of days.

Hi Vishal,

Any progress on this?

--Robert

6. Vishal P. Rao

rdkelsey: Hi Vishal,

Any progress on this?

--Robert
    I had sent you a PM but I haven't got a reply yet.

7. vertigo

vertigo New Member

Hi Vishal,

Is it possible for you to post that drop down menu modification that was mentioned here?? I sure can use that as well.

Any plans to add a few check boxes?? [​IMG] Would love to have that.

Excellent form my man [​IMG]

8. Vishal P. Rao

vertigo: Is it possible for you to post that drop down menu modification that was mentioned here?? I sure can use that as well.

Any plans to add a few check boxes?? Would love to have that.
    Whatever customizations you need, you can contact me. It's not possible to post customized versions because each individual has different needs.

9. chadstur

chadstur New Member

Hi there,

I wish to have a contact form on my website however, it doesn't seem to work as I do not have PHP on my computer. I have attempted to install it several times, but I always just end up downloading some zip file that has nothing in it called install.

Can you please assist on how I can go about getting PHP on my computer (link to website preferred)

Cheers, Chad

10. Vishal P. Rao

PHP needs to be installed on the server where your website is hosted and not on your PC, unless of course you use it as a server for hosting your sites. Most hosting servers have it installed by default.

11. QuarkZ

QuarkZ New Member

Hi Vishal!

Thank you for this great contact form, it's great to have something secured especially when it's for a business website.
    However, it is possible to add a dropdown subject and a redirection after the form is submitted?

Thank you

12. Vishal P. Rao

Sure it is possible. Please contact me for any customizations.

13. Bell Lodge

Bell Lodge New Member

I Do would like to say thanks for the form..

What a great way to get yourself out there..

I'm hoping that you are able to add a couple of things to personalise the form for my website.. I have contacted you as requested

Many Thanks

Rick

14. shawn9

shawn9 New Member

hello, love the form, it's working for me but i do get an error after hitting submit. the error appears if the message sends successfully and if you enter the verification image incorrectly.

but i do receive the message in my email without any problems, regardless of this error. but if this error could get removed it would be much more efficient.

here is the url where the form is located: http://www.mlservers.net/web_design/

this is a new website i am developing, so there are still some dead links.

the error is:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/hufrt/public_html/web_design/index.php:5) in /home/hufrt/public_html/web_design/securimage.php on line 422

15. Vishal P. Rao

Hi Shawn,

Please include the below line at the very top in your index.php file:

Let me know if that has solved your problem.

16. shawn9

shawn9 New Member

thank you sir, it appears that resolved the error.

17. dude12go8

dude12go8 New Member

Hey Vishal. I am having a hard time accessing your script on my server it says:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /PHPContactForm/contact-form.php/ on this server.

Josh

18. Vishal P. Rao

Josh,

Please check the permissions of the script. It should be 0755.

19. sohndesigns

sohndesigns New Member

Can one of the fields be set to not be required?

20. Vishal P. Rao

sohndesigns: Can one of the fields be set to not be required?
    Yes you can. Just contact me.