Free PHP Contact Form with Spam Protection

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by Vishal P. Rao, Mar 13, 2009.

1. kallisto

kallisto New Member

Hi Vishal,

I am a beginner at php and I have just finished my first website. My contact form is very different in the design. When I go to test my contact form, I get a new window with your form. Is there a way to get my form to work with your php file since it looks so different from yours? Here's the site I'm working try to get to work in case you have a spare moment. I'd really appreciate any help or pointers.

http://www.huenemebeachfest.org/contact.html

Thank you,
    Martie
  2. cauverysoft

cauverysoft New Member

Vishal,

Great Job. Keep up the good work. I have used your source as a starting point and I have built to my own project requirements. Appreciate your sharing your knowledge.

One Errata I found:

There is an additiona "" in your contact-form.php that caused my stylesheets to be completely mis-interpreted by the browser.

Thanks again.

Regards,
    CauverySoft Team, India.
  3. bokivaol

bokivaol New Member

Hi. I have uploaded as you explain and everything works great except I don't receive any email. I have changed this $to = '[email protected]'; to my email address and $subject_prefix = 'My Website Contact';, but it does not work. My mails was yahoo and gmail maybe that was the problem, I don't know. Can you help me please?[​IMG]
  4. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

bokivaol: Hi. I have uploaded as you explain and everything works great except I don't receive any email. I have changed this $to = '[email protected]'; to my email address and $subject_prefix = 'My Website Contact';, but it does not work. My mails was yahoo and gmail maybe that was the problem, I don't know. Can you help me please?
    Please check with your hosting people to see if there are any restrictions in PHP mail function.
  5. adrianp918

adrianp918 New Member

Vishal,

I was wondering if you would be able to add a few fields to this contact form for me, if you would i would be in your debt for a life-time thank you so much for a great form
  6. Alien911

Alien911 New Member

Hey, thanks for the script! I was wondering if it is possible to add form type "file" in order to upload and mail image files. i need my users to mail me 3 JPEGs attached to the email. thanks in advance
  7. ritter458

ritter458 New Member

Hello Vishal,

Thanks very much for making your PHP contact form available to everyone. I really like its design and the clean code behind it.

I was wondering, though, how I would add a drop-down list to the original form. Also, how would I modify the PHP to verify that the user had selected an item from the drop-down list?

I would appreciate any tips you could offer.

Again, thank you for a fantastic comment form!

Manfred
  8. Vishal P. Rao

Alien911: Hey, thanks for the script! I was wondering if it is possible to add form type "file" in order to upload and mail image files. i need my users to mail me 3 JPEGs attached to the email. thanks in advance
    It can be done. Please contact me with the url of where your form is currently installed or you are going to install.

ritter458: I was wondering, though, how I would add a drop-down list to the original form. Also, how would I modify the PHP to verify that the user had selected an item from the drop-down list?
    Please contact me.
  9. adrianp918

adrianp918 New Member

Vishal,

would you be able to add a few extra fields to your script so that way i will be able to use your script
  10. Vishal P. Rao

adrianp918: would you be able to add a few extra fields to your script so that way i will be able to use your script
    Sure! Please contact me.
  11. myckpid

myckpid New Member

Ple....... help i can not see varification code in contact form...

error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreate() in E:\IMP_Instalation\wamp\www\PHPContactForm1\securimage.php on line 482"
  12. Vishal P. Rao

Please make sure GD libraries with freetype support is installed on your server.
  13. entropy

entropy New Member

Hi Vishal,

Finally! A great script that's made well and easy to use! Thanks so much [​IMG]

I have one problem though, I can't get the captcha image to display... I'm not sure why, I'm going through secrimage.php and i see something there called ../words/words.txt I don't have this would that be the problem? Otherwise nothing comes up and I can't test if the script is working.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Thank you!

justin
  14. myckpid

myckpid New Member

Ple.... help me i can not match my code(varification) so what to do?

error code invalid......Incorrect code
  15. Vishal P. Rao

entropy: have one problem though, I can't get the captcha image to display...
    Please make sure GD libraries with freetype support is installed on your server.

myckpid: Ple.... help me i can not match my code(varification) so what to do?

error code invalid......Incorrect code
    Please send me your form url.
  16. lee123

lee123 New Member

Hi Vishal

I was wondering if i could add this to my page i have already done, i would like to put this in my page and keep everything else including the background its at www.anglianpattesting.com/index8.html

lee[​IMG]
  17. entropy

entropy New Member

Hey Vishal, thanks for your reply, I checked and GD libraries with freetpye support is installed. I'm using GoDaddy Linux servers and they have GD/Freetype support installed for my package.

What do you think could be wrong?
  18. Vishal P. Rao

entropy: Hey Vishal, thanks for your reply, I checked and GD libraries with freetpye support is installed. I'm using GoDaddy Linux servers and they have GD/Freetype support installed for my package.

What do you think could be wrong?
    Please send me a message with exact url of your form. If I could get a temporary FTP access, it would be great.
  19. Vishal P. Rao

lee123: I was wondering if i could add this to my page i have already done, i would like to put this in my page and keep everything else including the background its at www.anglianpattesting.com/index8.html

That's possible. Another way is to leave your form as it as and add another verification step before actually sending the message. Please send contact me to discuss further.
  20. davewest

davewest New Member

Hi Vishal

My form is working correctly however, it doesnt redirect to the thank you url. Everything appears as it should, examples followed etc, files uploaded and accessible, but it doesnt redirect.

Any thoughts on why this might be happening?

Thanks