Free to join MLM?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by hockeyadc, Apr 25, 2012.

1. crisstar

crisstar Member

SFI is free (Google it) but I can say that you'll have a tougher go at making money with a free biz. You'll get a lot of people interested but only a very, very small percentage will upgrade/and or buy products. To me it's not worth the hassle. You're better off just doing affiliate marketing than trying to build a free mlm. Just my two cents.

2. Mitch McMillin

Mitch McMillin New Member

Have you thought about the energy market. With the deregulation of energy in a lot of states some companies have turned to MLM to gather customers. Although not all states are deregulated one company just launched a program about renewable energy nationwide August 15th 2012 that anybody can participate in and very cheap to get involved with.

3. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Sadly, it is very difficult to sell energy through any other company than the one which is already supplying customer. The industry is not well defined or easy to understand as it looks. The spread, or savings by going with one of these new unknown companies who are technically taking over the billing, just as it was when telecommunications industry was deregulated, no one understood the inside workings of industry. The same is true with energy industry, so this makes it a tough sale for most who get into MLM industry without knowing you have to know how to sell.

Free does work in any business because everyone is looking for a freebie. Free and easy works even better, not only in MLM but in affiliate or direct sales industry. Look at the explosion in affiliate marketing, yes, you can register for free, but what the don't tell you is you have to spend a ton of money and/or time getting traffic to your affiliate offer, never mind the huge competition where millions are all selling the same deals. Nothing is as easy as it appears in promotional material. Free does work to attract attention, but you have to offer verifiable value to back up free offer as I have learned. Free is worthless if not attached to value. Easy is worthless unless it is driven by verifable value of product or service offered.

4. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

I am sure you are getting alot of answers to this. I disagree that you cannot join something that is free to join and make some money at it. I just did join something that is free to join with no autoships that is very lucrative. I did this partly because it is something to offer people that are not in my primary business that does require an autoship and either referring or purchasing customers and partly because it is something everyone does everyday.

5. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

I decided I should elaborate on what I stated in a previous post here since it was to generic and even when something is free, we all have to work our business' to grow them. The majority of the time I would agree that free to join is not going to earn you anything. This is really a different kind of co. It is the worlds largest shopping community and started in Europe and is now in the USA and Canada. It is free to join, no autoships, no minimum purchases. What I like about it is that we all need to buy things like gas, food, personal items and clothing. We just do it all from their website and can still use our charge cards or debit cards that may offer cash back. It can be used strictly as a free shopping tool to get more money back, you can refer others for a bonus, you get a large loyalty bonus after so many purchases and you can also choose to upgrade and get paid more ways.

The reason I joined this is because my primary business is not inexpensive and when I saw this co. had been in business 9.5 years and was debt free, it was something else I could offer to people that want anywhere from a little bit of spending cash, to a car payment to full time income - and we all shop for at least food to eat and most of us much more. Now if folks say there are other couponing/shopping discounts that may be bigger they are right as regards the immediate cash back, but this has a loyalty bonus that pays people that is excellent.

With all the above being said, and I hope I am not being out of line describing the co. in too much detail, I don't know how much you are looking to earn, so this, as with everything, requires you to spend some time referring others to grow your income faster and larger. I also believe people should assist and train others in the business they choose, so you would need to develop skills to help others if you want to get a good reputation in whatever you decide to do. There are no free rides, so free to join, yes, but all of us here that are able to earn an income from home definitely have put in our time working our business'.

6. SharrsHomeBiz

SharrsHomeBiz New Member

There is a new company taking the world by surprise called Global One. It is free to join so you can check it out and see if its for you. I think you will like what you see and hear.

7. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Having focused on free programs and high ticket programs, one thing is certain, both can succeed, but with so many variables, no one can say what is the best strategy until you can properly research programs and evaluate the conversion statistics.

I have worked high dollar progams, and in a good economy, they worked, but in a recession, they didn't, it is as simple as that, the economy rules all markets. I moved away from high ticket sales years ago as results dropped like a rock. When the recession hit, I started to focus on free to start business opportunities, and I am glad I did. Now when I refer to free, it does not mean totally free, of course, without a sale, no income, but what I have learned is to focus on verified value based products and services, as well as those that appeal the the masses, not niche markets.

With millions unemployed or under employed, the people looking for extra income is going through the roof, so I focus on easy and free businesses to start, and then let the automated systems drip feed them information on how to maximize their time and efforts, and then introduce them to the product or service of value which converts to a sale. Chasing a sale is not easy, hard selling a sale is near impossible for most, especially in this recession, so I employ a different strategy than I use to use.

You have to mould your approach to the market conditions as I have learned, and given the ever changing market and trends, it is more a moving target now than ever before. Free is great incentive for most, and if you can atleast attract a prospect to your offering, you now have a much better chance of converting it to a sale using the drip drip marketing strategy, basically educating the consumer, not hard selling them on the typical over priced me too products out there. Whatever works for one does not mean it will work for others, so it is all about balance, and not putting all your eggs in one basket which is a lesson we all learn over time.

8. Sorin

Sorin New Member

I could not find a free MLM program.
    If it is free, there is a problem, how they get the funds for remaining in business?
    But are a lot with a low fee, 10$/month in general.
    There are many MLM scams, so it's a risk with this kind of programs.
    PS: There are affiliate programs with a low number of levels, and you make money if you get people that buy a product or service from them.
    But if they just registed and don't buy anything, you don't make money.

9. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

In a recession it is far more easy to get people to register for a free program than it is to go for a sale instantly upon a visit to your site. Free incentives work great, and if you offer something of value that everyone needs or is already purchasing, then you have half a chance of converting a free prospect into a paid customer. Pay it forward works great at attracting prospects, and if you have a product or service of value, then the conversion is easy to a paying customer, and obviously this is where you get paid. Most people do not understand that leading with a sales pitch no longer works, you have to lead with something of value for free which is how you attract new customers, and this strategy has worked in all my businesses, both traditional and online for years. Everyone is attracted to a freebie, so lead with a free incentive is the secret to success in these difficult economic times.

Good luck to all,

10. David Bryant

David Bryant New Member

I have seen a few free MLMs. A lot of them seem like they will work. The problem is when some
    some see free the are not as serious about it or or it takes to much time to grow them so they jump ship
    and go to something else.

11. ibuzzmentor

ibuzzmentor Member

Honestly you get what you pay for. You will never make money marketing a "free " program. I do not see Mcdonalds giving away franchises and you should never expect to buy a business for free.

12. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Never say never, I have done well with free to start businesses, but as everyone knows, you don't make the money until a sale is made, so a free business works very well when you have a product of value and appeals to the masses. I just don't believe in the pay to play programs which have little of value to actually sell. So many programs cost hundreds to simply become a distributor, so you don't always get what you pay for. To each there own.

Good luck to all,

13. mbasa

mbasa Member

Maybe you need to take a look at affiliate programs like Moreniche - they sell physical products. You an also try Amazon as well.

I personally prefer MLM. I tried affiliate marketing BUT I got a breakthrough in MLM.

14. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

Pretty much every MLM company I've come across had some sort of startup fee, and they vary depending on the company. The average I've seen in around $125 - $150 for a startup kit, but there are some low-cost MLM companies out there. Avon is one of them.

15. westfam11

westfam11 Member

It doesn't cost anything to join Trivita. It is customer driven not distributor driven. You do have to order at least $40.00 per month to get paid but you can easily make more than that your first month by purchasing customers which gives you the lifetime commission rights to these customers. Since it is customer driven there is no pressure to constantly be trying to get people to sign up. You don't have to worry about people dropping out because they are customers and are buying the quality products. Then if you find someone that wants to do this business they most likely would not drop out because they would be getting paid on their customers every month.

16. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

Becky gave a great response regarding Trivita. Another good thing with Trivita is that it is not mandatory to order on autoship. Most of us with established business' use the autoship option, but it is not required. So if you are short money one month and are not due any commissions, you can skip ordering.

17. Shelterman

Shelterman New Member

There are two free ones that I'm aware of and they both use similar concepts in that the MLM membership grows virally and free, the members are basically the organized infrastructure of a large community of buyers who earn on the retail purchases of those in their downline. Lyoness is a well-established company operating in several countries now and a new company called Rippln which will soon be marketed through mobile/cell phone app. It has caught the attention of several big name internet marketers like Russell Brunson, who has pretty much dropped everything he is doing to concentrate on Rippln. You can only get info on the app by agreeing to an NDA. The app is supposed to be released sometime this month.

18. NetMecca

NetMecca Member

I have to admit I have a real issue with MLM companies charging for membership. It pulls into question the value of their products of services. If they (and I) make money from those, why would I need to pay for joining. If the company needs to membership fees to stay in business, something is definitely not right. Also any MLM where members share in lower level membership fees, are classified as pyramid scheme. Not really something I would be keen to be a part of, because those collapse and rarely make any money but for a select few.

And I do know of one free to join MLM, but rare nonetheless

Cheers !!

19. closerjim

closerjim Active Member

Here is how companies (there are more than one) are now dealing with the "pay for a distributorship" issue, so it doesn't appear there is profiteering going on or trying to take away from the fact there's no product / service / value of the offer.

There is a cost to hosting sites, providing hosting, doing ad copy, putting up resources, to support the "sales team" that has nothing to do with anything except keeping the lights on and service happening.

There is also a cost for whatever the service OVER AND ABOVE the afore mentioned "hosting" costs, which makes up the actual cost of a product or service "out the door" ... and that is fair game to put a commission on. Right?

So, in one case I know of, the cost to HOST ... $19.95 a month ... buys you resale rights as well.

No commissions paid on that. The whole amount goes to the company.

The cost OF THE PRODUCT ... (in this case a bundle of online tools and pages) ... $25 a month. 100% commissions paid on this cash flow. Perfect.

Some other company could have products with higher internal costs, thus a lower commission. That works too.

But never lose sight of this fact of life.

If no one is paying (all free stuff! ain't it exciten'?) ... no one (think YOU) is making any money.

So look for things you USE. LIKE. Makes SENSE to you. Not just "pretty" or "amazing!"

Would YOU pay for it anyway?

If Yes ... you have a business.

The rest is just details.

20. jkviper

jkviper New Member

Absolutely free MLMs worry me because either the payout is way to low or there is generally something fishy going on.

Rippln is a new company that is based on free smartphone apps. Its free to join and build your business or they like to call ripples. There is a fee to monetize your ripple. What this means is you can join work on building your business before investing any money. The company will inform you what you would have made each period had you monetized your ripple. So if you decide the money isn't right then you are out absolutely no money. Another great thing is this is as easy as saying hey I have a free app you have to try. You send them an invite they accept, Download the app and they can start sharing it. No selling, complicated meetings or calls. There will be many that just don't want to monetize. They just enjoy the apps and share them with friends. They also don't require personal information until you choose to monetize. Only name and either email address or phone number.

I could go on but I don't want to violate any rules. The corporate site is www.rippln.com There is another site you can look at is www.startmyripple.com This is where the official invites take you to sign up. If you would like to look into it let me know and I can get you more info or an invite.