Free traffic Genorators....???

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Funkydelic, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Funkydelic New Member

Hi

Gees.... I was about to complian that after launching my new website a week and a half ago that I've only had 165 visitors and only 7 paid membors..... But I feel a bit bad now after reading ksc492's post that he only got 10 visitors in 2 weeks!!! So I guess I have nothing to complain about.....?

What I wanted to find out though is - I've been using free traffic genorators and I've had a few hits from them as it is - has anyone tried this before and if so what has been your experience with this?

I was going to ask how can I drive more traffic to my sites but I see that you all use articles and blogs to promote your websites. In all honesty this doesn't really work for me I find that the web is so over saturated with blogs and articles.....

Also what I wanted to point out is what if you are not a very good writer, you know that you get so many people that are unable to produce more than a one word or one sentance answer and its not because there is anything wrong with them its just because writing is not there topmost talents so how would a person like this be able to drive traffic to their website?

Anyway as you can see I enjoy writing (maybe a bit too much [IMG] ) hence the long posts.....
  2. A8ch Gold Member

Funkydelic: I've been using free traffic genorators and I've had a few hits from them as it is - has anyone tried this before and if so what has been your experience with this?
    Free traffic generators tend to deliver helter-skelter traffic. By that I mean traffic that's not necessarily interested in your offer. It's hit or miss. Mostly miss.

The idea is to get targeted, qualified traffic, people who are primarily interested in what you have to sell. You'll have a higher rate of conversion and much better results. In my experience free traffic generators aren't the most effective tool for that purpose.

Funkydelic: what if you are not a very good writer... how would a person like this be able to drive traffic to their website?
    - You could ask a friend or family member who has writing skills to pen articles for you.
    - You could check out sites like Elance and Guru and connect with a freelancer who is qualified to do what you want, for a small fee.

Hermas
  3. Funkydelic New Member

Thanks Hermas for the advise. I asume you've been in the business for quite a long time? I'm always open to good advise.
  4. wrlawrence New Member

Hi,

I have a Site Build It Site that ranks well with the SE but I use other lead capture pages and anyone who has a small website with Traffic Swarm. Yes! I created alot of business leads and made sales using this as one of my ways to building my leads list.
  5. gowriter Member

The key is to choose the right keywords that are profitable and gets you enough traffic and has low competition. Then you want to backlink the pages you think you can rank for.

So whether you use articles or even your own blog posts, you'll get traffic if your content is optimized with the right keywords and receives good backlinks.

I know that constant content is a place that people can purchase articles. And they've got different niche markets and different usage rights, too.

The prices can differ from writer. Sometimes 15 dollars. Sometimes up to 40 dollars for that one article. But they're written with a certain quality standard or they're not accepted.

However, you probably will get a better deal at Elance or Script Lance. I've never used them.