Freebie Websites with Profit Lance

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by square_one, Apr 17, 2008.

1. square_one

square_one New Member

Hi there,

I am thinking of buying PL, but I'm confuse about one thing.....

I know you get about 12 pre-built websites......but does that mean I have to further buy domain name and hosting for each website I publish?

It doesn't come with the PL system right?

Thanks.
  2. caroltanhogc

caroltanhogc New Member

i have pm you. :)

everything is included, you no need to pay anything else
  3. square_one

square_one New Member

Hi Carol,

Thanks for the reply...I was beginning to think ppl were ignoring me [​IMG]

But I still find it amazing that PL can give you 12 domain names and 12 hosting for free FOREVER........so they must've their own web server or the like then.
  4. square_one

square_one New Member

Are you sure about this?

Coz Profit Lance will not make money if they host all members' multiple websites FOREVER.........

Please, I need to know this.

Thanks
  5. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

okay i will try and clear this up,
    the 12 websites they give the members dont really add value to the course because if you are going to make money you really shouldn't bother with these as every member has them,

So....yes you do need to buy you own hosting and domains names if you don't use these sites,, which i would personally suggest.

this link might get deleted but here is an example of one of the 12 sites

http://workfromhome.bezoogle.com/pp/adware/

(this link is for the benefit of square_one and anyone else who wishes to have a quick browse sorry if it doesn't follow rules)

However domains aren't expensive if you go to godaddy and hosting isn't expensive at all.

Let me just highlight that the profit lance course is a great course and one i would recommend, i owe a lot of my learning to profit lance and i know other members who do to.

Anywho i hope that clears up you problem, pm if you need any further help , i am always willing to help out [​IMG]
  6. square_one

square_one New Member

Thank you very much for clearing that up Hemjoe.

I am still tossing up between PL and WA, but leaning towards PL as I know there's a huge learning curve, and with no monthly fee I don't have to rush.
  7. square_one

square_one New Member

Ok, I've purchased it.

I also went through your link Hemjoe, as an appreciation for answering my question.

Will let you all know how I'm doing.
  8. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

The decision is down to you, i only have experience with profit lance and for that reason i can't really advise you on which to choose. I have read good reviews and some positive feedback on this forum about the wealth affiliate program but profit lance also. I think with either one you are going to learn a lot but

square_one: but leaning towards PL as I know there's a huge learning curve, and with no monthly fee I don't have to rush.

This is a very good point, dependent on how much time you have free and how much effort you are going to put in it could take you along time to learn everything.

I don't want to sound biased towards pl because wealthy affiliate could be just as good or maybe better i just dont have the experience to tell you.

Whichever you choose i wish the best of luck and i am sure if you need help on your way anyone in the forum is willing to help.... oh and let us know which you choose [​IMG]
  9. square_one

square_one New Member

Joined PL through your link Hemjoe....see above message.

Reading through materials now......so far so good. [​IMG]
  10. koolmom

koolmom New Member

I've spent some time on Profit Lance, and checked out Wealthy Affiliates. I've seen the web sites Profit Lance offers, he states that they are there for you to experiment with, however, they sell his products or products he supports. I wasn't impressed. However, I think he has one of the best training sights around. I chose Profit Lance over Wealthy Affiliates because of the one time fee of $77, as opposed to an ongoing monthly fee of $29.99. I may eventually try out WA.

I will be looking forward to the info posted here.
  11. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Its really up to you. Profit Lance probably has a few more tutorials than Wealthy Affiliate, but it takes a lot more than tutorials to earn money online, and this is where Wealthy Affiliate blows Profit Lance out of the water because the support you get at Wealthy Affiliate is second to none - both from Carson and Kyle and through the Wealthy Affiliate forum.

Wealthy Affiliate also gives you access to a lot more tools than you have at Profit Lance (in fact, I don't know if Profit Lance actually gives you tools to work with), and while Profit Lance offers a few free websites (which I wasn't impressed with), Wealthy Affiliate offers some websites and more importantly, an easy to use website builder called Site Rubix. You will also learn about ways you can earn money online without a website.

So...Wealthy Affiliate gets my vote, not only because it is a great program , but because you get a chance to learn from and work with many other affiliates who are successful, including some who are earning $1,000 a day - something you won't find at Profit Lance - at least not at the time I last checked.
  12. square_one

square_one New Member

Hi there getagrip,

I've seen your posts.......I'd will eventually try out WA, when I'm ready, I'll go through your link, as I've seen you have helped many people.

It may be premature to assess right now, but even before I joined PL, I found the homepage too sales pitchy.....whereas WA appears more professional....I'd say WA offers more tools for advanced IMers.

But I can't complaint atm....still digesting info. [​IMG]
  13. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

Thankyou for joining through my link i appreciate that, [​IMG]

i hope all is well that profit lance meets your expectations
  14. tahtimbo

tahtimbo New Member

Hemjoe: okay i will try and clear this up,
    the 12 websites they give the members dont really add value to the course because if you are going to make money you really shouldn't bother with these as every member has them,

So....yes you do need to buy you own hosting and domains names if you don't use these sites,, which i would personally suggest.
    Since I will be new at PL (getting it in May) would it be better to use the sites provided as practice? Are you allowed to change the design and the look of the site or are there restrictions on what you can or cannot do?
    I am really leaning toward PL, but the issue of generating traffic still has me confused. I have just started a blog (about 1 month old) and I average only 15-20 visitors per week. By not using one of the PL sites offered in the course, wouldn't I just be starting over from zero?
    Any advice greatly appreciated.
  15. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

to be honest i would forget about the sites provided by the profit lance course, the 12 provided you get no control over they are just there to promote, you cant make any changes. i feel they will only hinder your learning and sucess in internet marketing. There are two things you can do, one, create a blog and experiment or try and build a small site both have their advantages and disadvantages

Blog
    you are able to experiment for free, this means if things do go wrong it want caost yuou any money. using this blog you will be able to practice some of the traffic generation techniques explained within the course. The only problem with this is that it takes longer to move onto creating your own website which is where you should be aiming.

Website
    this will save you a lot of time, as you arent wasting your time on blogs which you will forget about when you set up a site. Also with a website there are things to learn which creating a blog wont teach you so it makes creating a blog in the early stages pointless. However the worst thing about creating a website early is that you have to purchase the domain and hosting and if mistakes are made they are made at this cost.

So i mean it is your choice really, i started with a blog it taught me a little and i made my money back [​IMG] however this suited my situation as i had all the time in the world to learn this stuff, your situation and anyonelse who is looking into this may be different.

Hope this helps
  16. tahtimbo

tahtimbo New Member

Hemjoe: to be honest i would forget about the sites provided by the profit lance course, the 12 provided you get no control over they are just there to promote, you cant make any changes. i feel they will only hinder your learning and sucess in internet marketing. There are two things you can do, one, create a blog and experiment or try and build a small site both have their advantages and disadvantages
    Thank you for the info. I will definately think about this. I am currently doing some experimentation on my blog, changing colors, ad placement, etc. I am also playing around with html. However, when I do begin the PL program, I think I will look into getting my own domain. Is Go Daddy a good place to start?
  17. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

yeah this is where i got all my domains from, however when i signed up for hosting at vodahost, they offer a free domain for a year, with the initial set up of the hosting, so before you buy your domain check out hosting companies and you may get you first domain from them. i am not suggesting you have to use vodahost, there could be better/cheaper ones but this best suited me at the time as it offers a free webiste builder with it, which is totally compativle with vodahost making the process easier for me
  18. tahtimbo

tahtimbo New Member

Hemjoe: yeah this is where i got all my domains from, however when i signed up for hosting at vodahost, they offer a free domain for a year, with the initial set up of the hosting, so before you buy your domain check out hosting companies and you may get you first domain from them. i am not suggesting you have to use vodahost, there could be better/cheaper ones but this best suited me at the time as it offers a free webiste builder with it, which is totally compativle with vodahost making the process easier for me
    Thanks for the tip. This is new territory for me, so I'll do alot of shopping around. I'll take a look at vodahost.
  19. jadimon

jadimon New Member

Tahtimbo,

Not interested in taking me up on my 6 month challenge for a little friendly competition?

You've got the mighty Profit Lance on your side and you would be doing what your planning to do anyway??[​IMG]

Just remember: This is a "Natural" competition......

By the way, you can't go wrong listening to Hemjoe. Very smart guy.

James Dimon
  20. tahtimbo

tahtimbo New Member

jadimon: Not interested in taking me up on my 6 month challenge for a little friendly competition?
    I'll be glad to take the challenge. When I officially join the "PL Family," I'll post it here. As I am homeschooling my kids, I won't be able to devote the time necessary to the course until school's out at the end of May.
    Hey, my blog is only 1 month old, and I've already made $0.07. Look out, I'm on a roll!![​IMG]