Freelance Home Writers

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by gracebarb, Feb 18, 2008.

1. judyp

judyp New Member

You know I got an email like this today, I don't remember the exact site it was, but there something about a guarantee that you'll make money or they'll send you your purchase price back. When I saw "purchase price" is just closed the page.

I highly recommend Associated Content if you can write a good article of 500 words or more. I submitted one and they paid me $3.11, and I have zero experience or credentials as a writer. Even if they won't pay you upfront for it, they'll probably still publish it for "performance payments" which means you get page by how many page views it gets.

And no, it does not cost anything to join Associated Content!
  2. ljkenny

ljkenny New Member

Hi there,

I wish I'd found this forum before I paid the $2.95. I did know that there would be ongoing costs after the trial period, however I cancelled within the time frame yet they still debited my cc again yest. Gonna chase them through my cc bank.[​IMG]
  3. JDCruz

JDCruz New Member

4. pcwork

pcwork New Member

You can try Triond, they approve articles quickly
  5. iamg1980

iamg1980 New Member

I say anything that you have to pay, stay away from. The point is to make money online not to give your money away. That is where they make their money with you. Don't do it!
  6. Bella

Bella New Member

[​IMG]I am another victum of freelance homewriters. How do I stop these people from deducting money from my account? I try to cancel my freetrail, but there is no way they answer you back. How can I stop their order from going through?
  7. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I have paypal and use it for some things, but I like to use prepaid credit cards for certain things so they can't get much. In a pinch they come in handy.
    Sonni
  8. Yatel

Yatel New Member

awesome awesome awesome! I am glad and grateful for the informaiton I have read in this foum. I had looked up the homewriters website... or I was directed there. But I had not gone into it at all and came here first. thank goodness. Thank you JD, for the list of credible sites. I am gonna check them out.
  9. kodiak

kodiak New Member

I also got burned on this one. Same way. Stay away or really read the fine print!!!
  10. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

For everyone trying to get your money back and/or contact support for Freelance Home Writers, have you tried calling their phone number?? It's worth a shot at least!

I once fell for this as well, and was incorrectly debited the $49.95, so I sent them an email, not asking but telling them to refund my money immediately because I did not authorize that charge. I had the money back in 2 days.
  11. mysteryinc67

mysteryinc67 New Member

hey do you happen to have the number for them, i have encontered the same problem and would like to get a hold of them
  12. kingjim

kingjim New Member

hmmm company taking money without authorization yikes!! If you like writing for a living what about guru or elance. And ezinearticles and the like you can get good traffic from.

Why not turn your creativity into a business with your own website and monetization set in place. With the right company, tools and support this can easily be achieved.

Think big and you san achieve some outstanding results if you make some good decisions and join with the right business that will actually assist in reaching your goals.

Good luck!

KJ
  13. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

mysteryinc67: hey do you happen to have the number for them, i have encontered the same problem and would like to get a hold of them

According to their Contact page:

The best way to contact is to give us a call on our toll free number. We are available Monday-Friday From 9am-12AM Midnight Central Standard Time. Our telephone number is 1-800-750-7660 option #3.
  14. vsmith

vsmith New Member

I got caught up also. I tried to log on and the page wasn't available. What is their email address? I will be getting my money back!
  15. earog

earog New Member

I just found this site after receiving an email from FHW and wanting to check them out. But, I also checked them out at bbb.org. Here is their report:
    "Company Rating F
    Our opinion of what this rating means: We strongly question the company's reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law's licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company's industry is known for its fraudulent business practices."
    I have found the Better Business Bureau site very helpful and always search their site before proceeding with anything that will cost me money. (I am retired with little to spare!)
    The following is the address from BBB for FHW:
    Unparalleled Marketing, LLC
    Freelance Homewriters
    20816 S Dixie Hway, Suite # 135
    Miami, FL 33189
    This is the phone # from FHW website:
    1-800-750-7660
    I hope this has been helpful...and thank you, all who have suggested legit sites.
    Elizabeth
  16. lab_girl

lab_girl New Member

Hey guys,
    Thankyou all for your comments. I too got an email saying I was selected 1/25 to participate with an attractive joining fee of $2.95. My knowledge of internet fraud and scams triggered me to do my research (before I took the all too deceptive bait). Thankyou to those who suggested the free sites as well eg. Helium! To others who got sucked in I sympathise, its another lessoned learned & you have helped other people not fall into the same fate. Thankyou everyone for taking the time to report this company!!!![​IMG]
  17. kevink88

kevink88 New Member

When you apply for a job from a legitimate company, do they ever ask an application fee? NO. Whenever you see a work from home opportunity ask for a fee, run. Don't think $2 is small amount. These con artists understand what people think. Everybody think $2 is not a big deal. When many people apply, it will become a big amount for them.
  18. howg

howg New Member

To everyone who is being ripped off by anyone - you have a lot more rights than you think, and you don't have to contact the thieves at all, (though trying at least once is always a good idea to show good faith on your part, and to allow them to refund on their own).

It's really easy! Just contact your bank and refuse the charge. That's about it. The seller / charger has basically no rights at all, even if the buyer is in the wrong. If the charge is indeed unauthorized, then you should definitely report it to your bank ASAP.

I know this first hand from selling on the internet the last 7 years. I sold actual product, (rare these days!), rather than money making programs / scams, but we did get ripped off by a few customers over the years and we, the seller, had no rights whatsoever, even when we could prove receipt of delivery, (which we always could).

I've spoken to quite a few people about this over the years, and the feedback has been 100%. That is, everyone I know who sells on the internet, eBay too, will lose if the buyer cancels payment through their bank or lodges a dispute through PayPal.

So what am I doing here? My company just closed its doors, and I am looking for ways to make $$$, just like you.

To date, I have only seen a lot of scams, everyone selling moneymaking schemes to one another - circles of gold!

I'm still looking, but will be building a website and selling on eBay in the meantime. I live in Thailand and hope to hone my merchandising skills over the months until I can support myself.

Still, I look for interesting ideas that could / will generate income online. One never knows...
  19. sashawk

sashawk New Member

Great bit of consumer advocacy there howg! You're dead-on. People don't need to pay for what they no longer wish to have, whether it's something they ordered in a restaurant or online.
  20. deborahpng

deborahpng New Member

Thank you, everyone who shared their experiences and knowledge about this scam! This is a powerful way to counter-balance the pitfalls of the internet age!